• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I was behind this guy at a checkout. I have really never seen such a poor method of carry.
    I was flaged the whole time I was in line. No I didn't say anything because its the East side and its best to keep to yourself. After I left I was somewhat mad at myself for not saying anything but you just don't know people's mental state. He was definitely old enough to know better. 20231107_171804.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good for you, for having the nads to snap a picture descretely!

It'd be great, if somehow the pic got back to the guy. Bound to be someone who might recognize a rare 1911 crosdraw carrier, with a red holster?

Right or wrong, I would not have called the guy out. Not worth the risk.

I would have went to another checkout line. Maybe took another lap through the fruits and nuts section?

:nailbite:

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    While I admit I wouldn't carry that way, there are lots of shoulder rigs that put the firearm in that position, well maybe not upside-down, but barrel pointing rearward.
    Yeah those are for small guns, and even then, most of those are slightly pointed down, and cover the damn muzzle

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    While I admit I wouldn't carry that way, there are lots of shoulder rigs that put the firearm in that position, well maybe not upside-down, but barrel pointing rearward.

You are right, it's a shoulder holster. It seems to be rigged way too low though?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I was actually kind of hoping it would get back to him. I really don't think its a shoulder rig. I could be wrong but I think it's to low for that.. if you recognize this fella let him know. Everyone has the 2nd amendment but......

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You a right, it's a shoulder holster. It seemes to be rigged way too low though?
    That is the first thing I thought.
    I agree. It is too low to be a belt holster. The guy must've bought a "big and tall" shoulder holster and he's under 6'.

Stainless steel 1911? A Galco Miami Classic in the correct size would be appropriate, and cool.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Stainless steel 1911? A Galco Miami Classic in the correct size would be appropriate, and cool.

If it was the eighties, maybe?

sonny-crockett-miami-vice.gif

:)

The reason we got away from those, is that they are impossible to be modern day safe. No way to not point the gun at yourself and who knows how many others? Every time you draw or holster.

No competitive shooting sport will let you on the line with that holster. I cannot imagine any firearm training class will let you on their line either, even the crazy ones

:ugh:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If it was the eighties, maybe?

sonny-crockett-miami-vice.gif

:)

The reason we got away from those, is that they are impossible to be modern day safe. No way to not point the gun at yourself and who knows how many others? Every time you draw or holster.

No competitive shooting sport will let you on the line with that holster. I cannot imagine any firearm training class will let you on their line either, even the crazy ones

:ugh:
    Don't hate, appreciate!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How is he flagging you if the gun is holstered and the trigger is properly covered? I agree that it's an... interesting... carry method, but I don't get how that's any different than any other form of holster.
    Agreed, what if you're on the second or higher floor carrying in a vertical carry holster?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    How is he flagging you if the gun is holstered and the trigger is properly covered? I agree that it's an... interesting... carry method, but I don't get how that's any different than any other form of holster.
    If I'm minding my own business and the barrel of someone's pistol is pointing at my gut that bothers me.....and pretty much everyone else

Top Bottom