• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I do not consider this flagging as it is holstered and the owner's hands are not on the weapon.
    This. So much this.

I keep hearing “This guy doesnt carry like I carry so he doesnt carry correctly. Only I carry correctly”.

To all the libs reading this thread. Do not post pictures of someones carry preference. It will destroy the 2A community in a week with all the internal arguing.

Besides. Only I carry the right way.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I think a lot of holster designs, at some point will result in sweeping ones self. That being said, holstered or not I DO NOT like to see the muzzle of a gun pointed at me. Saw this at a local shop a while back. All I can say is, no shortage of stupid. As for the OP I would seriously doubt that the person in his pic has had any training and attempting to unholster quickly could result in a very ugly situation.

Attachments

• 20220521_194811.jpg
      20220521_194811.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 40

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm just thinking it would be difficult to get a good grip on the gun when drawing in that position.
    Probably never practices drawing the unloaded pistol at home.
    So I am constantly working on being less critical of others in our "community" after all who am I to be the arbiter of what right is. Then something happens and the struggle is real. The other night I went to an indoor "action pistol league", the attendees are what most people would consider gun guys. Let me start by saying, they are all nice guys, and at least they are doing something, but the lack of skills, safety, good gear and overall knowledge was just mind blowing. I could write a large pamphlet on all of the things that happened just that one night. Fortunately nobody was hurt. The problem is these guys carry, or at least claim to and I know at least a couple of them are "instructors". Furthermore, even with the evidence of the scores staring them in the face, none of them seemed to think they had any issues with performance or safety. Let me stress, I am not for required training to exercise a right, and I know untrained people successfully defend themselves with firearms all of the time, but I hope to never be around when the "typical" gun toter skins that smoke wagon.

Let me give just one of a myriad of examples to bolster my point. One gentleman, a very nice guy, told us he wanted to run the stages like he carries, Israeli style. Who are we to tell him he is wrong? So on the beep he presents his gun slowly to the target, presses the trigger, and of course, gets a click. That isn't the worst of it because then he looks at the gun with a confused look on his face and looks at us and says "something is wrong with my gun". Yes we say, you didn't rack the slide. He then just stares at us with a blank look for quite some time. He decided to shoot the rest of the night starting with a round chambered. Will it change the way he carries? I don't know. Unfortunately his chances of hitting the bad guy are slim, but the noise from the fortay he can't control should at least be scary.

So how does this track with your post? I agree that practice is important, but they also need to be practicing the right stuff, or at least not the wrong stuff.

Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    ^^^^^^
    From what I see there are those who think that just having a gun is enough. I know of some
    that travel through northern Indiana with a cased gun in the back seat instead of on them thinking
    they can get to it in an emergency.
    I know of someone else who carries a gun and never fired a handgun in their life.
    It is my belief that these types are actually afraid of guns, took one basic safety class and think
    they are prepared for any situation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2022
    Mccordsville
    One thing about the 2A community, we sure are quick to tell someone they arent exercising their right how we want them to exercise it. Hard to fight opposition when we fight amongst ourselves at every turn.

If someone decided to start shooting in that store, being behind him in line is right where i would want to be, regardless of his carry method.

Almost every shoulder holster flags the person behind them. I dont see a difference, other than it being about 15 inches lower.
    Until he accidentally discharges one when grabbing from his holster and blows your damn leg off. Keep your gun pointed in a safe direction at all times or expect the same in return.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have seen several examples of this IRL, mostly popular with the 50+ crowd. Was there a movie or show that heavily featured a crossdraw holster that I am not aware of?
    My uncle always wore a pistol crossdraw style on his left. He had a bad right shoulder and a bad hip from a motorcycle wreck back in the day. It was hard for him to draw properly if it was on his right hip. Also he said it was the only way he could draw while seated.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    This. So much this.

I keep hearing “This guy doesnt carry like I carry so he doesnt carry correctly. Only I carry correctly”.

To all the libs reading this thread. Do not post pictures of someones carry preference. It will destroy the 2A community in a week with all the internal arguing.

Besides. Only I carry the right way.
    That is not what I was saying at all. I cant believe that anyone who has a presumably cocked and locked 1911 .45 pistol pointed at them would not have some level of concern
    I dont care how anyone carries as long as its not pointed at me

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That is not what I was saying at all. I cant believe that anyone who has a presumably cocked and locked 1911 .45 pistol pointed at them would not have some level of concern
    I dont care how anyone carries as long as its not pointed at me
    Sorry i should have been more clear. I wasnt saying you meant that, i was just saying in general a lot of the opinions i see people express is critical of how others carry. A holster is the safest place a firearm will be, so it honestly doesnt bother me. But thats just me. I know some people dont like anything capable of death pointed in their direction, and i understand that.

Everyone has their own opinions on it.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Sorry i should have been more clear. I wasnt saying you meant that, i was just saying in general a lot of the opinions i see people express is critical of how others carry. A holster is the safest place a firearm will be, so it honestly doesnt bother me. But thats just me. I know some people dont like anything capable of death pointed in their direction, and i understand that.

All good

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

I can only speak for me. As to my critique at it, I look at multiples other than a holster. Like how the gun is to be drawn, will there be possible innocents swept, will a bad guy have an easy time getting it if you are made and he wants it (guns alone don’t ward off determined bad guys with mere presence alone) etc etc.

So to me there is much more to it than being safely in a holster.

Top Bottom