US Army could return to its iconic WW2-era uniform for everyday business-wear.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Is it the proposed uniform?

img_4753.jpg

AUSA - Prototype Pinks and Greens - Soldier Systems Daily

I'm not sure which part is pink.The pants?

What is "everyday business wear" in the military? I thought the BDU (or ACU?) was the everyday uniform and the Army Service uniform was for ceremonies.

Love it. Bring it!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I just wished they had brought back khakis as a uniform....it would fit into my closet nicely now.

Here is an example of the Khaki 1505's that were phased out in the mid 70's.

SEG-1.jpg

This picture shows the different USAF utility uniforms over the years. I still have an example of each one from 1979 through 2010. Started out in cotton fatigues with blue and white stripes and name tapes. BDU/DCUs are still my favorite.

120529-F-KE165-115.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    While I was in, issued dress greens, had to get blues and got out as they were phasing in the ASU, which most wanted the change from 3 dress uniforms to one, no one wanted what the ASU was. We submitted ideas, they took them, aborted them into mutations. Then we went through 3 different PT uniforms, Army grey sweats to grey track looking suit to the black ones I didn't buy. Work uniforms went from BDU to DSU (deserts) to ACU to multicams as I was getting out. Our clothing allowance was 200 a year, but boots are close to 100, work top and bottom was 80, not counting the tshirts which also changed. Course new running shoes every 3 to 6 months depending on how much you ran. Yep, pretty much 200 was nothing. Uniform change over and you had to have 4 new uniforms for it.

Top Bottom