• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I looked Israeli government up today. There legislature and supreme court both reside in Jerusalem. So does most of their executive branch.
    Jerusalem has essentially been their capitol in all but name for many years.

I really don't give a *%it what other countries think of us.

Maybe they don't want all the foreign aid we give freakin everyone.

Who, Israel? I'm still trying to figure out why we give all these concessions to Israel? They're not (nor any other nation) our govt's responsibility. Our responsibility is to our own people, and this move put us at risk.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    My two hopes for this administration were passing concealed carry reciprocity, and moving our embassy to Jerusalem. Kind of silly I know, and not the most important issues by far. I've all but given up on our ability to manage our budget though, and these are just issues I care about. They're both still up in the air, but at this point I'll take this announcement as a consolation prize for the embassy move. I'm not a politician, and I don't like to play games. Jerusalem was and is the capital of Israel. They obtained control of it, and until someone takes it away, I say acknowledge the obvious. I think the only way the entire arab world will be happy is when the Jews are gone, so my opinion of the peace process is tainted. Thumbs up on this one from me regardless of the fallout...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Who, Israel? I'm still trying to figure out why we give all these concessions to Israel? They're not (nor any other nation) our govt's responsibility. Our responsibility is to our own people, and this move put us at risk.

Why shouldn’t the US help God’s chosen people?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My two hopes for this administration were passing concealed carry reciprocity, and moving our embassy to Jerusalem. Kind of silly I know, and not the most important issues by far. I've all but given up on our ability to manage our budget though, and these are just issues I care about. They're both still up in the air, but at this point I'll take this announcement as a consolation prize for the embassy move. I'm not a politician, and I don't like to play games. Jerusalem was and is the capital of Israel. They obtained control of it, and until someone takes it away, I say acknowledge the obvious. I think the only way the entire arab world will be happy is when the Jews are gone, so my opinion of the peace process is tainted. Thumbs up on this one from me regardless of the fallout...

I agree... to a point. Israel won Jerusalem. It's theirs, and Jerusalem is it's capital. I disagree with the accepting the fallout. If our security, and relationship with other nations, are placed at risk, because of movement of a embassy, there's no real logic in doing so.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw a suggestion elsewhere that this fulfills prophecy. I am not aware of anything like that. Anyone else know?
    I had the same thought. (not a biblical scholar though)

[video=youtube;QrrJxX3CBnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrrJxX3CBnc[/video]

I didnt know Si Robertson could sing!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

They don't control East Jerusalem and the Palestnians claim it's their capital as well.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Is this a serious question? I mean are you interjecting Biblical thought as a consideration in the implementation United States policy?

Why not? Have you ever wondered what would happen if the most powerful country in the world let God’s chosen people fall?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why not? Have you ever wondered what would happen if the most powerful country in the world let God’s chosen people fall?

In order to believe that could happen, you would have the believe that the Bible isn't telling the truth.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I looked Israeli government up today. There legislature and supreme court both reside in Jerusalem. So does most of their executive branch.
    Jerusalem has essentially been their capitol in all but name for many years.

I really don't give a *%it what other countries think of us.

Maybe they don't want all the foreign aid we give freakin everyone.

You should be the spoke person for the State Department! :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I agree... to a point. Israel won Jerusalem. It's theirs, and Jerusalem is it's capital. I disagree with the accepting the fallout. If our security, and relationship with other nations, are placed at risk, because of movement of a embassy, there's no real logic in doing so.

If recognizing the reality on the ground destroys our relationship with other nations, well, it wasn't much of a relationship. More like hooking up

Fredo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    In A Yellow Submarin
    I see to remember reading somewhere, Israel was Palestine before 1948.
    This is the entire problem. The UN took away the country and real property of Palestinians to create a place for Jewish people to live after the holocaust ( No other country or countries would take all of the Jewish refugees displaced by Hitler's final solution.)

I read this a long time ago so my memory could be faulty.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The capital of a country/nation-state is a political issue, not a religious one.

Israel took (most of) Jerusalem and controls it. If they want to make it the capital, so be it. Same for Palestine.

But, it is our choice whether to recognize it. And put Americans there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I see to remember reading somewhere, Israel was Palestine before 1948.
    This is the entire problem. The UN took away the country and real property of Palestinians to create a place for Jewish people to live after the holocaust ( No other country or countries would take all of the Jewish refugees displaced by Hitler's final solution.)

I read this a long time ago so my memory could be faulty.

Jewish people have been a big part of that area for thousands of years.
    And dividing it up into countries was only a recent event.
    Before that, it was just wandering tribes (most of the area, not the cities). Nobody wanted most of the land, until it was decided to make a separate Nation out of it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The capital of a country/nation-state is a political issue, not a religious one.

Israel took (most of) Jerusalem and controls it. If they want to make it the capital, so be it. Same for Palestine.

But, it is our choice whether to recognize it. And put Americans there.

That's the thing. People are acting like "WE" made a decision to make it the capital.
    All we did, was recognize their choice. That's it.
    And heads are exploding.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, part of the decision about the "Jewish State" was that the Palestinians decided to back Hitler and Nazi Germany.

They chose... poorly.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's the thing. People are acting like "WE" made a decision to make it the capital.
    All we did, was recognize their choice. That's it.
    And heads are exploding.

The first part is true - Israel gets to pick its capital. :) But, the political context of our part of the decision cannot be ignored.

My head isn't exploding, yet. :)

Like I said, if this creates a bargaining chip that didn't previously exist, and it pushes progress forward, then I'll be the first to applaud him.

Top Bottom