• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When a foreign power forces you off the land your family has physically occupied for countless generations I'm sure you'll harbor no ill will toward them later, too. After all their god told them the land belongs to them. No way that could be total bull****. None at all.

palestinians are claiming land that had a Jewish temple on it 3000 years ago. The Jews are the ones who were forced off their land by my read of history

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Barbara Feinstein:

10/24/1995- Voted for the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, which said in part: "The United States maintains its embassy in the functioning capital of every country except in the case of our democratic friend and strategic ally, the State of Israel." and "the relocation of the United States Embassy to Jerusalem ‘‘should take place no later than . . . 1999’’.

6/5/2017- Voted to support Senate Resolution 176 (a 90-0 vote) which said in part: "reaffirms the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104–45) as United States law, and calls upon the President and all United States officials to abide by its provisions."

12/5/2017- Now that she's voted for this move twice, she's thinks it is a terrible decision to act in accordance with the law!

Reports indicate the president will move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. I wrote him last week to explain why that would be a terrible decision. pic.twitter.com/MV1o73nyDk

-Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) December 5, 2017

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Barbara Feinstein:

10/24/1995- Voted for the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, which said in part: "The United States maintains its embassy in the functioning capital of every country except in the case of our democratic friend and strategic ally, the State of Israel." and "the relocation of the United States Embassy to Jerusalem ‘‘should take place no later than . . . 1999’’.

6/5/2017- Voted to support Senate Resolution 176 (a 90-0 vote) which said in part: "reaffirms the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104–45) as United States law, and calls upon the President and all United States officials to abide by its provisions."

12/5/2017- Now that she's voted for this move twice, she's thinks it is a terrible decision to act in accordance with the law!

Trump could say the grass is green and the sky is blue and that b**** would say he was wrong.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Barbara Feinstein:

I stopped reading after "Barbara Feinstein".

She would probably become pro bump stock if Trump decided to ban them tomorrow.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    palestinians are claiming land that had a Jewish temple on it 3000 years ago. The Jews are the ones who were forced off their land by my read of history

"Their land" that, according to their own stories, they committed genocide to take in the first place...because their god said it was okay.

I'm sorry, "god told me to kill you and take your land" is not a legitimate claim over someone else's property. Man has created countless gods over the centuries. There is no reason for me to believe you when you claim divine motivation. If God wants my land, he can tell me himself. If you want my land you can offer to buy it.

I'm sure you would be just fine with the UN declaring that Johnson County rightfully belongs to the Miami Nation and forcing you out of your house at gunpoint? After all, your house is built on land the Great Spirit intended for them. Wait...that still sounds like bull****, doesn't it?

It is.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If he does anything positive the spin masters flip the script on it.

Why shouldn't they? The right-wing media spent the better part of a decade floating lies about Obama as a "legitimate tactic" to undermine his presidency. Do you think the left going to sit silently in the corner now that it's their turn to play defense? I don't. I think they'll use tactics that have already worked against them. Things like endless investigations into the presidents past dealings, or absurd and dishonest messaging used to derail legitimate conversation.

Trump and the right have no room to complain about their treatment...they spent deecades earning it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why shouldn't they? The right-wing media spent the better part of a decade floating lies about Obama as a "legitimate tactic" to undermine his presidency. Do you think the left going to sit silently in the corner now that it's their turn to play defense? I don't. I think they's use tactics that worked against them. Things like endless investigations into the presidents past dealings, or absurd and dishonest messaging used to derail legitimate conversation.

Trump and the right have no room to complain about their treatment...they spent deecades earning it.

It's a shame that this has what become of American politics, but it's the truth. I was baffled the other night hearing Bannon, in support of Roy Moore, attack Mitt Romney... not simply his person, but his religion and his family. It was a pretty low spectacle. If Roy Moore had any character, he would not have allowed him to say such things unchallenged.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Their land" that, according to their own stories, they committed genocide to take in the first place...because their god said it was okay.

I'm sorry, "god told me to kill you and take your land" is not a legitimate claim over someone else's property. Man has created countless gods over the centuries. There is no reason for me to believe you when you claim divine motivation. If God wants my land, he can tell me himself. If you want my land you can offer to buy it.

I'm sure you would be just fine with the UN declaring that Johnson County rightfully belongs to the Miami Nation and forcing you out of your house at gunpoint? After all, your house is built on land the Great Spirit intended for them. Wait...that still sounds like bull****, doesn't it?

It is.

Practically speaking, I also reject the "God gave this to me" excuse. But I cannot deny that the Jews did try to live in relative peace with the Palestinians, and the Palestinians wouldn't have it. They fought, and the (now) Israelis won. It's their land to do as they please. What I don't agree with, is how they administer that land, and treat the Palestinians. And before someone chimes in with some nonsense, the Palestinians aren't a monolith, and the prison they find themselves in, is controlled by criminal thugs. I imagine living there is something similar to the movie "Escape from New York."

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The people who hate us will not stop hating us or hate us more over this.
    The Israelis have actually attempted peace efforts many times with the Palestinian people.
    The typical American has no idea the level of hatred that some around the world have for them.
    Why should we care what someone who hates you thinks?
    https://www.algemeiner.com/2014/02/...bs-dislike-america-more-than-any-other-group/

Surely you know this issue involves much more than the Israelis and Palestinians.... and I'm not saying that you're wrong.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When a foreign power forces you off the land your family has physically occupied for countless generations I'm sure you'll harbor no ill will toward them later, too. After all their god told them the land belongs to them. No way that could be total bull****. None at all.

Wasn't that called Manifest Destiny?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That just happens to be the way nearly every border in the world was decided.

Consider H. G. Wells classic The War of the Worlds, which was written in light of the Brittish genocide in Tasmania.

Man will never evolve beyond his lust for power.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Actually, it helps them quite a bit. It is a cold splash of realization for those who have been working to politically delegitimatize Israel for decades. The US has just put up a big flag saying that Israel has a right to exist as a nation and to define their own capital.

It gives them great hope that the US is actually acting pro-Israel, unlike the last eight years particularly. That we are living up to the statement that Clinton first made in 1992 to help win a campaign, but never actually acted on. It took a unanimous Senate resolution and Trump to actually start the process to make it happen.

As I undertand it this was promised long ago by more than one POTUS.

DJT had the nads to actually do it.

Israel has had de facto control of Jerusalem for a very long time now. It will continue to remain in dispute. Read about the West Bank and Gaza Strip and their history going back to the end of the British Mandate in 1948. Pay particular attention to the Arab-Israeli War 1948-1949 and the cease-fire armistice in 1949.

John

Last edited:
    Top Bottom