• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Hell of a day for a match!! started off a bit chilly but turned out decent..

Thanks to all that helped out with set up and tear down and the all dreaded putting stuff back in the barn..

Not to bad of a return to production for me 2 mikes on the day is good for me even in limited.. I have got to learn to let that pesky front sight settle!!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It's been a awhile since I had a clean match! Too many charlies, but speed was OK even with a few "my thumb is too cold to hit the button" reload bobbles. Good enough for 4th behind 3 open shooters, I guess.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Had a great time today. There were a few small first match of the year mistakes, and quite a few things I recognize are costing me time/points, as well as some things I can tell I've improved on. Seems like I've been waiting on the season to start forever so it was nice to actually shoot a match, even in today's weather!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's been a awhile since I had a clean match! Too many charlies, but speed was OK even with a few "my thumb is too cold to hit the button" reload bobbles. Good enough for 4th behind 3 open shooters, I guess.

Good shooting Rob. 1st in production and 4th overall only being beat by Open Shooters. Sounds like you had a good day in the below 40 degree weather.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    So the beginning of a USPSA career started off just the way it should for every new shooter....total and complete failure!

After completely blowing my first ever USPSA stage with a malfunctioning pistol, things started to iron themselves out and I was pretty happy with the results. The good news was, it could only get better from there, so the pressure was off. I took it fairly slow being my first match, and quickly realized the only thing I was lacking was confidence from being new (and of course the disaster of a first stage didn't help with that.) I started to speed up a little at the end, but it was a great outing to start to ramp up.

THANK YOU to Mongo for taking me in on his squad as a new shooter and making sure I was good to go. My gratitude to the guys who make it easier on the new folk, and mongo certainly did. Props to the other gentlemen as well for making me feel right at home and offering some tips along the way, as well as encouragement instead of harassment at my epic failure. I fully expect moving forward I will be treated like everyone else and will be subject to ridicule and harassment, and look forward to dishing it back, but it was a nice touch for a new guy on his first match.

Already looking forward to the next one!

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    So the beginning of a USPSA career started off just the way it should for every new shooter....total and complete failure!

After completely blowing my first ever USPSA stage with a malfunctioning pistol, things started to iron themselves out and I was pretty happy with the results. The good news was, it could only get better from there, so the pressure was off. I took it fairly slow being my first match, and quickly realized the only thing I was lacking was confidence from being new (and of course the disaster of a first stage didn't help with that.) I started to speed up a little at the end, but it was a great outing to start to ramp up.

THANK YOU to Mongo for taking me in on his squad as a new shooter and making sure I was good to go. My gratitude to the guys who make it easier on the new folk, and mongo certainly did. Props to the other gentlemen as well for making me feel right at home and offering some tips along the way, as well as encouragement instead of harassment at my epic failure. I fully expect moving forward I will be treated like everyone else and will be subject to ridicule and harassment, and look forward to dishing it back, but it was a nice touch for a new guy on his first match.

Already looking forward to the next one!

Glad you got your pistol issues ironed out.....nothing more frustrating that equipment than wont run. Also, glad you had a safe and enjoyable day and hope to see you out there again. I will warn you that this is a very addicting habit!!!

Top Bottom