• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    We are very fortunate to have Rick and Mike Foley. I don't agree with everything but I've been a member for 10 years and this is the first time I've felt we were moving forward instead of backwards or stagnant. Membership is growing. I get to complain about PCC and the ones that shoot it (has taken pressure off the open shooters). Life is good.

All is good at USPSA however I have lobbied with Merriam Webster as they got the definition of Practical wrong. [h=1]practical[/h] [FONT=&quot]adjective
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]prac·​ti·​cal[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]| \ ˈprak-ti-kəl

\[/FONT]
    We all know it means terminator type holsters made from erector sets and sticks with a case of ammo shoved in them and another case in the mag holders. Guns have more millwork than a Amish wood shed. Electronic dots and gizmos bouncing around like crazy. Not being able to shoot until the beep. High fiving each other as the shooter takes a yardstick long rifle and doubletaps ( he shoots dead people) a static cardboard three feet in front of him. While we are at it we grind our sear down to 3 oz and wonder why it won't work. A typical regional match is now 300+ and easily over 10 stages in one long day of dawn to dusk or when your ass is dragging. Oh yes and the practical world only happens in linear fashion as nothing breaks the 180. Do not forget we get to spend money to do this and drive for hours on end standing around in makeshift gravel pits with ticks trying to suck us dry. But there is more...we know now why it isn't call practicalscore. You never really learn it complete, it is just one big practice on the tablet. Yep this is truly practical and I love it. Shooter ready????

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    All is good at USPSA however I have lobbied with Merriam Webster as they got the definition of Practical wrong. practical

[FONT=&amp]adjective
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]prac·​ti·​cal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]| \ ˈprak-ti-kəl

\[/FONT]
    We all know it means terminator type holsters made from erector sets and sticks with a case of ammo shoved in them and another case in the mag holders. Guns have more millwork than a Amish wood shed. Electronic dots and gizmos bouncing around like crazy. Not being able to shoot until the beep. High fiving each other as the shooter takes a yardstick long rifle and doubletaps ( he shoots dead people) a static cardboard three feet in front of him. While we are at it we grind our sear down to 3 oz and wonder why it won't work. A typical regional match is now 300+ and easily over 10 stages in one long day of dawn to dusk or when your ass is dragging. Oh yes and the practical world only happens in linear fashion as nothing breaks the 180. Do not forget we get to spend money to do this and drive for hours on end standing around in makeshift gravel pits with ticks trying to suck us dry. But there is more...we know now why it isn't call practicalscore. You never really learn it complete, it is just one big practice on the tablet. Yep this is truly practical and I love it. Shooter ready????

You sir win INGO for the day! We can do that.............right?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    All is good at USPSA however I have lobbied with Merriam Webster as they got the definition of Practical wrong. practical

[FONT=&amp]adjective
    [/FONT]

\[/FONT]

That does not describe everyone at a USPSA match. Practical means different things to different people I suppose. But if the Zombies or the Red Coats or whomever were coming. I would be strapping on my gamer, Limited gun, or both of them for the handguns to be used in such circumstances. Why? Because they run, they are a suitable caliber, I have shot more ammo through them than any other gun I own, I can do things with those pistols that I cannot do with others.

The riflemen that stepped up to face the British at Lexington and Concord, and Cowpens and Saratoga and Kings Mountain and such places brought their own guns. Hunting rifles that were better equipment than the Brown Bess the British troops used. I wonder which gear was considered practical?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    That does not describe everyone at a USPSA match. Practical means different things to different people I suppose. But if the Zombies or the Red Coats or whomever were coming. I would be strapping on my gamer, Limited gun, or both of them for the handguns to be used in such circumstances. Why? Because they run, they are a suitable caliber, I have shot more ammo through them than any other gun I own, I can do things with those pistols that I cannot do with others.

The riflemen that stepped up to face the British at Lexington and Concord, and Cowpens and Saratoga and Kings Mountain and such places brought their own guns. Hunting rifles that were better equipment than the Brown Bess the British troops used. I wonder which gear was considered practical?

So true in a defensive situation however it is not called United States Tricked Gun Association

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So true in a defensive situation however it is not called United States Tricked Gun Association

Practical does not have to mean plain, old, simple. Growing, expanding, improving, making progress is practical if you want to survive. This tricked out gun competition has made a lot of innovation that has been put to use in the sandboxes where we have fought. It was founded to test gear among other things and the innovation has caused a lot of folks to be disappointed. Just don't get it that? :dunno:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Practical does not have to mean plain, old, simple. Growing, expanding, improving, making progress is practical if you want to survive. This tricked out gun competition has made a lot of innovation that has been put to use in the sandboxes where we have fought. It was founded to test gear among other things and the innovation has caused a lot of folks to be disappointed. Just don't get it that? :dunno:

It is truly a great time we live in as Competition breeds Excellence. And for the most part it helps the masses.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do we need a cap and ball division? Timed with an hourglass and the results scribed on a scroll and posted on the town square?
    The reality is while most of us grey hairs lament change to some extent in all honesty we wouldn’t want to fully go back.
    We just need PCC scored as a separate event :):

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Do we need a cap and ball division? Timed with an hourglass and the results scribed on a scroll and posted on the town square?
    The reality is while most of us grey hairs lament change to some extent in all honesty we wouldn’t want to fully go back.
    We just need PCC scored as a separate event :):

Well actually I do shoot cap and ball:rolleyes: But like you I have nothing against PCC as I own and shoot several of them. I think dedicated PCC matches with more distance and specific rifle stages are the way to go. Stage design and squad time is compromised when you try to include them in a "one size fits all". Rifle courses should be more on the offensive set up instead of defensive close stages. It really gets whacky when they try to adapt it to IDPA as well. Anyway just my 2 cents.

With all the shooting sports and their growing pains it is nothing but a high class problem for what gun to bring to what match.dontfeed

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

[FONT=&amp]adjective
    [/FONT]

\[/FONT]

This is where an ethical dilemma comes into play. We all know this should be done with live people who shoot back but that just wouldn't be quite right. Maybe this is where the undead come in.

Top Bottom