• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I've lost interest. I'm just barely interested enough to complain about one or two more times here, but not nearly enough to dial the phone and talk to someone. It should not have taken this long, nor should it require a phone call.

Why not call? Gives you another avenue to complain, get your password and you can take a 10 question test. Otherwise in the future should you want to be a certified RO, you have to take the class and test again.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Uh, no. My RO certification is good until May (or whenever my renewal date is). I was jumping on the bandwagon for complaining about the password reset incompetency that followed the unforgivable debacle of leaving unsecured passwords matched to valid email addresses in a plain text file on a website.

I've completed the recertification TWICE since I had to retake the class! Which is two more than what everyone expected (including me). So there!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :laugh:

I stand corrected.

:):

Heh heh heh

Well, the smart money was on me being lapsed. I've been surprising people frequently since I've had to accept <cough> some <cough> adult <cough> responsibilities. I have even been punctual a time or two in the last couple of years.

I know! It's crazy talk.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    If any of these USPSA organization people want help with website technology I'm sure several of us would be willing to help.

This kind of stuff simply isn't acceptable in the modern world. :twocents:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Heh heh heh

Well, the smart money was on me being lapsed. I've been surprising people frequently since I've had to accept <cough> some <cough> adult <cough> responsibilities. I have even been punctual a time or two in the last couple of years.

I know! It's crazy talk.

I stand corrected as well, I didn't know that you had retaken the class.

YOU said that you would NEVER do that. I took you at your word:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I stand corrected as well, I didn't know that you had retaken the class.

YOU said that you would NEVER do that. I took you at your word:):

Wait, weren't you in the same class? Troy McManus at AtlantaCC???

Yes, I vowed I would never recertify. I meant it at the time, but I changed my mind. Kind of the opposite of the US President who lies about something, then takes the opposite position later, and he's lying both times.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had to do the password reset recently too as I hadn't logged in since the hack. Hit the reset button and had an email within about 20 minutes and got it taken care of.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Wait, weren't you in the same class? Troy McManus at AtlantaCC???

Yes, I vowed I would never recertify. I meant it at the time, but I changed my mind. Kind of the opposite of the US President who lies about something, then takes the opposite position later, and he's lying both times.

I can't remember that far back

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    How does one get certified in the first place?
    I suppose that I should get on this too. I run the tablet scoring quite a bit but I can't RO.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    You need to attend a seminar & pass a written & field test. Class was about a day and a half long, & I did the written test in about 2 hours the evening of the first night. Biggest problem for me was finding one anywhere near here, I had to drive to Cincinnati for the class I attended. Seems like they are usually held early in the year, around Feb.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I suppose that I should get on this too. I run the tablet scoring quite a bit but I can't RO.

yes, you can. I ran a timer for many yrs at club matches before finally getting into a class. :)

Actually, even at a LII, you only need one NROI cert'd official per stage. (IIRC, there's nothing that says it has to be the guy w/ the timer.)

Learn the range commands (8.3.1) and have fun making the box go beep! :) We'll be there to help if there are any hard/questionable calls. Safety trumps everything else. Pay attention to the ROs at the next couple matches to get a feel for how to run things. Study the rules. We can get you started at Thurs practices.

ref. Appx A1.

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom