• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Up 62 and a half percent! From 40 a year to 65 a year!
    All new members and all renewals pay the new rate!

https://uspsa.org/announcement/841

Am I wrong?, but 62.5 percent is a big increase! last year idpa increased their yearly dues by 14.5 percent (from 30 to 35 a year) and they sent out a notice giving you the opportunity to pay up to 3 years at the old rate (30 a year) if you renewed before your membership expired!

USPSA sent me an email saying my membership expired in 45 days, and when I clicked the link, they said 1 year was 65 bucks

***as I was typing post this they updated the site, and made an announcement that the increase in renewal would be delayed until October due to members “thoughts concerns and insights!…so if I were you, I’d renew for as long as you can while it’s still 40 a year!!!***
    https://uspsa.org/announcement/843

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I wasn't planning on renewing anyway but I think it's been the same cost since 2009
    It used to be $20 with no magazine and $40 with I think.
    This is a pretty big jump.
    I have heard that membership numbers are dropping.
    If they're raising the cost to cover lower membership numbers, that may cause the membership numbers to drop even more.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    From the announcement linked in the opening post:

This structure has remained unchanged for more than 20 years

and it looks like they've taken some cost cutting measures.

What else do you know of that has not risen in price in the last 20 years?

But they state it is a "modest increase". Well not really.

Each person has to decide.

I see the next move to be increasing the fee they charge per match for members to have their scores reported/recorded by them.

If you don't care to have your scores reported to them or shoot above tier 1 matches you don't really get anything for your money.

Anyone who is a match director want to chime in on what USPSA provides in the way of support for local matches?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If they're raising the cost to cover lower membership numbers, that may cause the membership numbers to drop even more.
    Last year I was on the fence about renewing, I haven’t shot a sanctioned scsa match since 2020, I renewed last year because I was close to bumping up a class, and I did jump this year.

And then this year i decided to not renew, now our club is hosting the state steel challenge match, so too shoot I have to be in USPSA/scsa, I’ve been asked to be on staff, and would you believe this, I’m supposed to shoot Friday the 8th, and my scsa membership expires the 7th!, so looks like I’ll be renewing my membership for another year

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

I see the next move to be increasing the fee they charge per match for members to have their scores reported/recorded by them.

If you don't care to have your scores reported to them or shoot above tier 1 matches you don't really get anything for your money.

Anyone who is a match director want to chime in on what USPSA provides in the way of support for local matches?
    My club just spent over half a million dollars on a new building (meeting/education/training/garage) and last year we voted to raise dues… 10 dollars a year! So our membership went up 10 percent from 100 to 110, and in a year or two it’ll go up another 10 percent or so.

USPSA holding the membership at the same price for 20 years then increasing it over 60 percent at one time sounds like **** poor planning on their part! if over 20 years they’d increased it 10% every 5 years or so, that wouldn’t be nearly as salty as 62.5 percent at one time!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Last year I was on the fence about renewing, I haven’t shot a sanctioned scsa match since 2020, I renewed last year because I was close to bumping up a class, and I did jump this year.

And then this year i decided to not renew, now our club is hosting the state steel challenge match, so too shoot I have to be in USPSA/scsa, I’ve been asked to be on staff, and would you believe this, I’m supposed to shoot Friday the 8th, and my scsa membership expires the 7th!, so looks like I’ll be renewing my membership for another year
    I dropped mine last year. Only because I am going to try focusing on a different discipline. There seems to be a lot of drama with upper management though, I hope it gets settled down and managed properly. We really need these outlets around.

Where is your club at and has membership declined or increased?
    Has the USPSA increased the prices for your club?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I believe the club has to have a certain number of registered USPSA members to be eligible for affiliation.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I dropped mine last year. Only because I am going to try focusing on a different discipline. There seems to be a lot of drama with upper management though, I hope it gets settled down and managed properly. We really need these outlets around.

Where is your club at and has membership declined or increased?
    Has the USPSA increased the prices for your club?
    I was actually going to drop my scsa membership and continue to shoot steel challenge, our club has a rule that club members cannot be barred from shooting matches because the club member isn’t affiliated with the sanctioning organization. For example idpa says you can only shoot 3 idpa matches without joining idpa, but if you’re a member of our club you can shoot them without joining idpa.

We increased our dues for this year, at the end of last year we were about 1250 to 1300 members, and every year we have people drop their membership, and even after we raised our dues, we had about the same number renew as before. Honestly our membership is 110 a year, you have to do a workday (about 4 hours) or pay a 70 dollar fine, and our club is nra affiliated (you have to be in the nra to be a member) and I hear more people complaining about the nra requirement than the 10 dollar a year increase if dues! (Our board of directors held a meeting to discuss raising the dues, and it was about 30 minutes of discussion, we met last week to discuss the nra requirement and that meeting was two hours long!)

Our club is Redbrush Rifle range in Newburgh Indiana and as for USPSA raising our fees I don’t know, but we’re having our monthly meeting tonight (and the dedication of our new building!) and the people who know will be there, I plan of filling them in on the new USPSA membership rate (in case they don’t know yet) and I’ll ask them if they know about our club affiliation fee

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    membership is at a all time high. The dues have not raised for like 20 years

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m not saying that raising the rate 25 dollars in 20 years is excessive!

I’m saying 62% in 1 week might be!

If they’d raised them 5 bucks every 5 years, that’s not bad, but who thought that going from 40 to 65 a year wouldn’t raise the ire of the membership?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I’m not saying that raising the rate 25 dollars in 20 years is excessive!

I’m saying 62% in 1 week might be!

If they’d raised them 5 bucks every 5 years, that’s not bad, but who thought that going from 40 to 65 a year wouldn’t raise the ire of the membership?
    I agree, but I mean it's still a good deal if you actually go and compete. I think what it might do is the guys that only shoot a handful of matches a year may end up dropping their membership.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    As a match director can you give us some ideas of what USPSA/SCSA does to benefit clubs that hold local matches?

Have fees to be an affiliate club gone up?

Is there a minimum number of sanctioned matches you have to run?

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I have always complained about send USPSA $3 per shooter for each Match when we as a club are doing all the work. I firgure this is Paying everyones salary at USPSA, not the dues so why the dues hike!!!!

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Must be all the money the match winners get?
    ( life member so doesn’t matter to me, the frontsight rag won’t be missed)

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    Well this may affect our ability to be a hosting club. We barely met the required 10. I always got my wife 2 kids and I a membership might have to trim that down.
    After reading the announcement the first thought I had was outside of our locally sanctioned matches what does the USPSA do for my family specifically? We don’t attend the big matches nor do most of my friends. We have been dabbling more and more in things like Rimfire challenge and the like. Seems they need me more than I need them at the moment.

Last edited:

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Well this may affect our ability to be a hosting club. We barely met the required 10. I always got my wife 2 kids and I a membership might have to trim that down.
    After reading the announcement the first thought I had was outside of our locally sanctioned matches what does the USPSA do for my family specifically? We don’t attend the big matches nor do most of my friends. We have been dabbling more and more in things like Rimfire challenge and the like. Seems they need me more than I need them at the moment.
    you only have to have so many signatures to form a club. once formed there is no requirement to have so many members to continue to operate

Reactions: Rio
    Top Bottom