• USPSA Shooter: do you carry a gun?

• Total voters

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I carry Morning noon and night. I have a 1911 on a rope for the shower. (ever seen the movie : " I spit on your grave" ).:draw:

Ok well this is 90% true. You guess which part. :D

Edit: For the Job that seems to be part of the discussion.

I carried at work for years at a place that said no guns. No one knew and it was never an issue.

When I started the new job I just asked flat out. New Boss said hell I have a 12 ga behind the office door.

Now I even open carry at times.

Last edited:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I've run many a match with IWB holster. Guess I'll be looking for my DQ for it. :dunno:

No rule issues with IWB. Most ROs don't care for it because usually the shooters are new and are not very good at reholstering. If you are safe, then rock on.

Basically the holster has to be on your belt. After that, I think the only position that would not be allowed is behind the back due to the 180 issue. IWB on the side would be legal in all divisions. AIWB would be legal in Open, Limited, Limited 10, and Revolver. AIWB not legal in Prod, SS, and CO.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    if you are the Ro you pray there are not any! nothing like a guy hunting for his holster if you are behind him.

that being said, USPSA does not have a carry gun division. all divisions have holster placement in their rule set.

Haven’t had it yet. Honestly never thought anyone would show up with an IWB for USPSA. That is what IDPA is for. After reading all the comments in this thread, looks like it could happen. I will have a conversation off to the side with Mr. IWB before any shots are fired.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Haven’t had it yet. Honestly never thought anyone would show up with an IWB for USPSA. That is what IDPA is for. After reading all the comments in this thread, looks like it could happen. I will have a conversation off to the side with Mr. IWB before any shots are fired.

Are you joking?

How long have you been shooting USPSA?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I seen a lot of guys shoot a match with an IWB holster. Yes shirts have to be retucked from time to time, but no more so then an OWB pancake holster. Stuff staying tucked in is one advantage of the colorful shooting shirts, range holsters and big Velcro belts.

I have also seen entire matches shot from concealment, entire matches shot weak hand only and entire matches shot with a subcompact pistol. As long as it is safe who cares. USPSA is a great way to make a person have to think with a gun in their hand.

Top Bottom