• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    The calculation of percentage of the population needing to have some form of immunity to achieve herd immunity is

(1 - 1/Rzero)

If current numbers are correct and Rzero is 2.4 to 2.8 for WuVid, then 58 to 64% gets it done

The highest estimate I ever saw for WuVid was 4.8, so taking that as a worst case 79% gets it done. Why should everyone have to get vaccinated for this?

One factor that damps the enthusiasm for the flu shot is its self-admitted low effectivity. I think you're doing pretty good when ~45% of the people still get a shot when it is 30% effective against the illness

There was a preliminary study released recently out of UCSF that concluded 50 to 80% of people would be covid positive and asymptomatic

That along with studies out of IU, New york, and LA, herd immunity is very attainable. This is assuming those recovered retain antibodies, though as of now it appears the body has a short memory for Covid (as it does for the flu).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If the point of the vaccines (yes, plural) was to save us from the bank bug then maybe people would be willing to take it without coercion.
    But it's not the point and coercion will be employed.

Now it's a bank bug? :dunno:

I can't keep up with the conspiracy du jour.

Top Bottom