• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was discussing this with a couple of my officers tonight. My theory is that these kinds of attacks are so rare in the US because of the number of citizens that are either armed or have quick access to a firearm. If you notice, the majority of the "terror" attacks have occurred in California and New York (NYC) to be exact, two places that have very few citizens (other than the police) carrying firearms or having quick access to a firearm. I would like to think that if something similar to what happened in London were to happen in Indianapolis that there would be a more significant armed response from the citizenry because of our right to carry. I hope it never happens here, but if it does I hope that I am proven right.

Garland, Texas is a prime example.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was discussing this with a couple of my officers tonight. My theory is that these kinds of attacks are so rare in the US because of the number of citizens that are either armed or have quick access to a firearm. If you notice, the majority of the "terror" attacks have occurred in California and New York (NYC) to be exact, two places that have very few citizens (other than the police) carrying firearms or having quick access to a firearm. I would like to think that if something similar to what happened in London were to happen in Indianapolis that there would be a more significant armed response from the citizenry because of our right to carry. I hope it never happens here, but if it does I hope that I am proven right.

I could see an attack very similar to that concert a couple weeks ago happening here. Envision tens of thousands of people leaving a college football stadium (unarmed of course) after a ball game, I'm thinking is an easy target for some suicide bomber to mingle in amongst to commit his/her crime.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I am assuming that the marching troops do not carry live ammo for this practice exercise.

42b5384b728af513f75b3996e3419190.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    With all these brave warriors of Islam why are the attacks always done by one or two jihadist at a time?

Imagine the carnage had there been a half dozen vans doing the same thing all at once and many more knife wielding jihadist jumping out to confront unarmed citizens and police.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I always tell Mrs. Miguel and the rest of Team Miguel, "Wear shoes you can run for your life in, you may need to one day..." :(

I totally agree. With the havoc being almost a daily occurrence this quote is quite effective. Hope you don't mind but I am going to borrow this mantra.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Agreed.

Just the fact that they need to say "armed police" to call a cop with a gun.Most countries just say "police" and it implies they are armed.:dunno:

They are slowly changing their policy regarding armed police though.
    Just a few years ago their "armed police" had their guns locked in their car in a special safe and needed a direct order from their HQ to open the safe, load the gun and use it for self defense.
    Kinda like a nuclear launch aboard a submarine. :nuts:
    Now you see cops with loaded guns in holsters.

Most cops are still armed with only pepper spray though, but that's classified as a "firearm" so regular citizens can't even carry it. :n00b:

That just changed a year or 2 ago in Massachusetts. You no longer need an FID for pepper spray. So many unwitting felons from out of state at our colleges before that. On the other hand, there's a partial ban on glass beer mugs due to some deaths.....
    Sylain,
    What is the legality of pepper spray or mace in France? I hear hear you can actually get a CCW License, but I imagine it's pretty tough.

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    The worse part is there are people at home counting on this guy for their information!

<Monthy Python stereotype Bobby voice>
    "OY! He's a small arms expert, he is!"
    </Monthy Pythonesque stereotype Bobby voice>

I heard John Cleese saying that.

[video=youtube;0nueuHjFnAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nueuHjFnAg[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It may be a component, but I doubt it's the overriding reason. It's pretty much a default that if a radicalized Muslim commits an attack, they're going to end up dead. So death doesn't really seem that much of a deterrent. It may have something to do with the way our culture generally is, and how well (relatively) Islam has integrated into the nation. I think that integration is primarily due to where Islam first came to the forefront of the public, which was during the Civil Rights Era. Islam sprang up very quickly in black communities, and converted a lot of Americans, who carried American sensibilities. They're the ones that stated the local mosques and held prayer. When foreign Muslims started arriving to our shores in greater numbers, they were essentially forced to go to these "American-ized" mosques, and were hence influenced. That's on elf my theories, anyway.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Fight against unjust laws and rules that keep you from carrying. You shouldn't just lay down and comply. Be smart. Figure out ways to carry anyways into a concert or sporting event because the terrorist will be armed and have figured out their way!
    this will not get any better anytime soon until we shut up the bleeding hearts and actually get mideveil on these mother ****ers

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Too bad Armed people won't stop a suicide bomber. By the time you know about he has killed himself and the people nearby.

Knife wielding attackers are probably another story. So long as they don't get to you first.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Too bad Armed people won't stop a suicide bomber. By the time you know about he has killed himself and the people nearby.

Knife wielding attackers are probably another story. So long as they don't get to you first.
    This may have already been posted, so sorry if it was.
    I just heard on the news the first cop on the scene only had a baton. The bad guy stabbed him in the face and neck.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Too bad Armed people won't stop a suicide bomber.

You'll never Know until it happens.

By the time you know about he has killed himself and the people nearby.

Maybe.

Thank you Dr. Optimism.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Removing the camouflage of Religion from this cancerous evil would go a long way towards that.:twocents:
    Yeah I've said before I don't believe it's a religion but we can't even get a sensible Tavel ban in place thanks to liberal obstructionists traitors so I won't hold my breath waiting on elements of Islam losing their religious status in the US.
    We need to start rounding people up. To hell with hurt feelings.
    the democrat party is sympathetic to terrorism. If you support the democrats in any way then you are anti-American in my opinion. I never thought I'd see the democrats just go full treason but they have. They are litteraly the party of Satan.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

the britt cops say they don't carry guns is it makes the public uneasy....:n00b:..a baton and mace is no match for a sword.....

London Bridge Attack: Why Most U.K. Police Don't Carry Guns - NBC News

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am assuming that the marching troops do not carry live ammo for this practice exercise.

I'm assuming this dropped way off after Sadat's parade-day 'surprise'

Bonus points if you knew that Omar Abdel-Rahman, who later became infamous in the country that gave him asylum, issued the fatwa allowing Sadat's murder

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom