• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That just changed a year or 2 ago in Massachusetts. You no longer need an FID for pepper spray. So many unwitting felons from out of state at our colleges before that. On the other hand, there's a partial ban on glass beer mugs due to some deaths.....
    Sylain,
    What is the legality of pepper spray or mace in France? I hear hear you can actually get a CCW License, but I imagine it's pretty tough.

I'm not 100% sure.I think it's illegal to carry, or legal under a certain size of canister and OC content.
    But I know anyone over 18 can buy pepper spray and many people carry it, sometimes even advised by the police to do so ... even though it's technically illegal.

Most of our laws regarding carrying weapons (like knives and other tools) are not very clear anyway and say it's illegal to carry "unless the person has a legitimate reason to carry" ... with nowhere in the law telling you what a "legitimate reason" would be, and self defense can't be one of them according to some folks. :dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Fight against unjust laws and rules that keep you from carrying. You shouldn't just lay down and comply. Be smart. Figure out ways to carry anyways into a concert or sporting event because the terrorist will be armed and have figured out their way!
    this will not get any better anytime soon until we shut up the bleeding hearts and actually get mideveil on these mother ****ers

To quote the great American philosopher James Yeager "You might not be allowed to carry, but you are still able."

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Let's see if we are on the normal timeline ?

1. Express outrage at senseless act
    2. Praise first responders
    3. Proclaim "they will not change our way of life"
    4. Caution of backlash against the people who just attacked you
    5. Hold memorial run,concert,candlelight vigil, etc.
    6. Do nothing and wait for next attack

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

You forgot to change your profile pic on Facebook. :)

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    this will not get any better anytime soon until we shut up the bleeding hearts and actually get mideveil on these mother ****ers

There's always gonna be a weak minded apologist too scared to be called a racist , bigot , whatever because their neighboring family is muslim and are " good people " .

Our guberment doesn't allow the average citizen to own lions , tigers and bears without a **** ton of checks BUT will allow these folks all access .

Why did I bring " wild animals " into this ? Because just like these guys , they're " good " until the day their not , then they kill people .

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Look back through history and you'll find that every time a society lets in outsiders that don't belong because of fundamental differences in beliefs or other things, it is the beginning of their undoing or the start of acts of terror. But we never learn

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I was discussing this with a couple of my officers tonight. My theory is that these kinds of attacks are so rare in the US because of the number of citizens that are either armed or have quick access to a firearm. If you notice, the majority of the "terror" attacks have occurred in California and New York (NYC) to be exact, two places that have very few citizens (other than the police) carrying firearms or having quick access to a firearm. I would like to think that if something similar to what happened in London were to happen in Indianapolis that there would be a more significant armed response from the citizenry because of our right to carry. I hope it never happens here, but if it does I hope that I am proven right.

Well stated, and for whatever it`s worth, eventually you`ll be proven to be exactly correct. It will happen here, and an armed citizen, or perhaps several armed citizens will either take out, or assist in taking out the culprit(s). A good guy with a gun, and all that.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly! Each person has to determine the acceptable consequences of their actions. Seeing my family slaughtered because I was a ***** or scared of a politician isn't an option.

And if you defend yourself and save a bunch of people from death I doubt you will be charged with illegal possession of a weapon.

But they like to scare people ...

That's from the UK police website:

[h=2]Carrying a weapon[/h][FONT=&quot]If you are caught illegally carrying a knife or a gun, even an imitation one you will be arrested and prosecuted. It is no excuse to say it was for your own protection or you were carrying it for someone else.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Remember - the law is clear - if you choose to carry a weapon, you put your future in danger. If you don't take it with you, it won't be used.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Play your part in reducing knife and gun crime by reporting people you know or suspect may be carrying a weapon illegally.[/FONT]

[h=3]Good reasons for carrying a knife[/h][FONT=&quot]Examples of good reasons to carry a knife in public can include:[/FONT]

• taking knives you use at work to and from work
    • taking knives to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
    • the knife is going to be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, e.g. the kirpan some Sikhs carry
    [FONT=&quot]A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.[/FONT]

If you are a Sikhs you're allowed to carry a knife but if you're from any other religion you're not. :rolleyes:

[FONT=&quot]Examples of knives that are completely banned are:[/FONT]
    • disguised knife
    • stealth knife & baton
    • sword
    • zombie knife

And they recently made "zombie knives" illegal to own. :facepalm:

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC

We'd have to ignore political correctness and make some very precise judgments to move further than those steps.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Under step 2 of attack response
    I would like to thank the Pub patrons that threw beer bottles and mugs at attackers then followed up by yelling at them.

Are we sure this is the same U.K that was an empire? Where is Richard the Lionhart when you need him!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The results also suggest the existence of a society deep inside Britain that is fundamentally opposed to its values and will actively subvert the government to protect its own members.

While I can sympathize with this from a certain point of view, in this case, it appears to be a manifestation of an invasion rather than immigration.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom