• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think "crutch" is very appropriate the majority of time, especially when it has become an addiction. It becomes "our" problem when it impacts society in any manner. I really would hate to add to the list of available "crutches" because of its impact on society.

We disagree; but it's ok.

Alright im not going to die on that hill, I'm an introvert so I use alcohol as a crutch to be more outgoing.

What about the main point, do you agree with criminalizing drugs based on potential harm or are you arguing for the status quo? If we criminalized drugs based on harm our drugs laws would be radically different. Our drug laws now are arbitrary at best.
    Do we not shoot for better drug policy just because booze and cigarettes are traditionally the legal drugs that killed us?
    Or worse, booze and cigarettes are ok because I've tried them, everything else is bad because I've not tried them.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Also I'm curious is coffee a crutch? Big percentage of Americans are addicted to caffeine and will go through physiological withdrawal symptoms if they quit. If it's a crutch then 'ban it because it's a crutch' doesnt hold up as an anti drugs argument.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Also I'm curious is coffee a crutch? Big percentage of Americans are addicted to caffeine and will go through physiological withdrawal symptoms if they quit. If it's a crutch then 'ban it because it's a crutch' doesnt hold up as an anti drugs argument.

I think "crutch" can be used to cover a variety of items, including coffee. Crutch does not to always be associated with addictions.

volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012

Yeah, but not very many people if any have died from drinking it in coffee or tea. Caffeine pills on the other hand. Still, those are few an far between compared to the 19 people who’ve died to vaping thus far.

Top Bottom