• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I've never tried tobacco flavors, but most sound more like pipe tobacco than cigarets.

I've settled on fruit flavors, mainly green apple, they are nice and clear, and don't gunk up your coils, like desert or tobacco flavors. I use a coil for months with my green apple, while something like cinnamon roll will be gunked up in a week.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Just living causes cancer.

Big tobaco, and big government hate vaping, I'm sure they can make a study to show whatever they want.

Buy a quality made in the USA juice, and you don't have to worry about dangerous chemicals like formaldehyde.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Of course they will say that... Big tobacco are loosing their butts and are going to do whatever they can to level the playing field. Who do you think is lobbying the govt to put vaping as tobacco use?

That being said, I haven't had a cig since before Christmas using my e cig. After a few more months I am going to try and drop the e cig as well.

alexIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Fishers
    Now they are saying the e cigs are cancer causing. Caught it on the news the other day. Just grabbed the first article I found to post.

E-cigarettes produce cancer causing liquids - Columbus healthy living | Examiner.com

The article is a bit misleading. If you search online, the risk is when you boost up the voltage higher than the standard 3.3V. I smoke a lot and I just started on 24mg and diluting it down to about 20mg. Will try 18 in the next 3 months and cut down on cigs. Hopefully will quit in the next 12-18 months. IMO the media will always say that everything is bad (egg was reported by all these fancy institutions as bad several years ago, now they say it's good???, just like caffeine). If you listen to everything people say, then might as well just survive on water and bread. Life isn't worth being too cautious; My plane might crash or I might get hit by a bus tomorrow, so I'm trying to go with moderation and making up my own mind base on different sources and weeding out the suspicious sources.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Just living causes cancer.

Big tobaco, and big government hate vaping, I'm sure they can make a study to show whatever they want.

Buy a quality made in the USA juice, and you don't have to worry about dangerous chemicals like formaldehyde.

Not knocking the e cig guys... Just the ones that say it is safe. Who knows where the juice comes from??? I see places make their own right in their store. The stuff is bought from over seas and they mix the flavors here.

The formaldehyde is formed from heating nicotene into a vapor. Posted from the New England Journal of Medicine.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I wouldn't claim that it is safe either, but I'm betting it is safer than cigarrets.

I buy juice from mount baker vapor, and they seem pretty confident in the purity of their juice. Made in China juice, who knows what is in it.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I need to quit bad. I have been smoking for 30 years....and luckily they say my lungs are in good shape, but I know it can't help matters and is expensive.

Just wondering....when you vape,can you still get the tobacco flavor? The taste and smell is what I will miss......call me crazy but I love the taste.

No. The taste is not the same as a real cig. I am not a fan of the fruity or dessert flavors. I stuck with "tobacco" flavors most of the time. If you give it a chance and go 1 week vaping exclusively it will satisfy. I am now on coffee flavor exclusively and have not missed the tobacco flavor at all. As I said, I tried a real cig one time and it tastes like smoking a campfire to me. If someone near me is smoking it smells good, the taste is not.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    No. The taste is not the same as a real cig. I am not a fan of the fruity or dessert flavors. I stuck with "tobacco" flavors most of the time. If you give it a chance and go 1 week vaping exclusively it will satisfy. I am now on coffee flavor exclusively and have not missed the tobacco flavor at all. As I said, I tried a real cig one time and it tastes like smoking a campfire to me. If someone near me is smoking it smells good, the taste is not.

What juice are you using? My favorite coffee juice is GQ Caviar. Sounds fishy right? Lol. Well it's actually a mocha, whipped cream, caramel flavor. Love it on a subohm.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    What juice are you using? My favorite coffee juice is GQ Caviar. Sounds fishy right? Lol. Well it's actually a mocha, whipped cream, caramel flavor. Love it on a subohm.

I had a nice expensive setup and was ordering my juice online. I broke the darn thing on a holiday weekend and the nearest tobacco store was closed. So I ran out to Walmart to try to find a replacement. They carry the Haus brand and snatched one up to get me by. I decided it was good enough and available 24/7 and just stuck with it. So I just use their brand of ejuice (java) and still use their complete setup. I am not invested in having an expensive ecig anymore and don't feel like I have to keep vaping because of the money invested.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I was a 3 pack a day smoker and I quit cold turkey 7 or 8 years ago.. I never cheated this time.
    I lit one for a friend about 2 years ago because she could not do it with the wind blowing... It was like licking a Fing ashtray.. I would rather lick a chocolate starfish than ever smoke again.
    To start Vaping in order to quit smoking is just trading one bad habit for another. Besides who would want to be seen walking around with a glass dildo hanging out of there mouth.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I was a 3 pack a day smoker and I quit cold turkey 7 or 8 years ago.. I never cheated this time.
    I lit one for a friend about 2 years ago because she could not do it with the wind blowing... It was like licking a Fing ashtray.. I would rather lick a chocolate starfish than ever smoke again.
    To start Vaping in order to quit smoking is just trading one bad habit for another. Besides who would want to be seen walking around with a glass dildo hanging out of there mouth.

Good for you. That doesn't work for some of us. I won't judge you for the silly clothes you wear or the size of the gun you carry. Please don't judge those of us that choose a different path.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Oh, I don't know...maybe some of the same people that like to walk around with a big black or shiny instrument of terror hanging off their hip! :stickpoke:

FTR, there are so many different styles of devices that it would be impossible to generalize them like that. (That goes for firearms too!)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Quitting smoking for many, is as easy as losing weight for others... Maybe that helps put it into perspective.
    It can be a terribly difficult thing to do.

Great comparison MaQ.

For the record since many here are proponents of cold turkey: that is actually by far the least effective and successful way to quit smoking per numerous studies.

alexIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Fishers
    It's so subjective. My dad smoked for 40 years and decided to quit cold turkey one day out of the blue. It worked for him. I psyched myself for a week and tried the cold turkey method and failed miserably . Everyone is different and there's no one size fits all in this case.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It's so subjective. My dad smoked for 40 years and decided to quit cold turkey one day out of the blue. It worked for him. I psyched myself for a week and tried the cold turkey method and failed miserably . Everyone is different and there's no one size fits all in this case.

Well said Sir. I have great respect for anyone with the strength to quit cold turkey. Obviously though, many of us can't do that successfully. My story is a bit different as I never had any intention to quit smoking. I borrowed a device to help me get through a hospital visit. Once I tried it, I simply didn't need the cigarettes anymore. I have since reached a point where I've decided its time to start reducing my nicotine. I was using 24mg for a few years while occasionally even using 36mg. I switched to 18mg for a few weeks without feeling much difference so I dropped down to 12mg. I can really tell the difference with the 12mg because my consumption of juice has increased. I'm still sticking with 12mg for a while longer though. I'm planning to continue dropping the nicotine but it may just take a bit more time for the next step. I'll get there though.

alexIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Fishers
    Absolutely not. I can't say what it may be doing to the carpet and other floors though. The vapor produced is heavier than air and falls to the floor.

According to several researches, there's none or minute traces of nicotine in the output of e-cigs or from vaping. One of the links: Second Hand - Project:Vape It even shows the filter from an air purifier based on normal cigs vs e-cigs. So your carpet, walls, clothes should not yellow or retain the smoke smell like cigs.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Anyone use chantex (sp) with a vape?
    I just started the chantex and was thinking a vape or e-cig might come in handy.

You shouldn't need anything else while you're using Chantix, and it's advised that you don't use any sort of nicotine while taking it.

Top Bottom