• Poll closed .

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This is a picture of my truck! But I must add that my wife bought it for me! :D

DSC05911.jpg

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I like to mod....yes these are old pic. still though

4X4Nova002-3.jpg

Blazer.jpg

MVC-001S.jpg

Picture003.jpg

DSCN1625.jpg

DSCN1893.jpg

DSCN2133.jpg

and many more

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    IMG_0123.jpg

Unfortunatly last week I broke an intake spring on #2 cyl. The heads are back down at Indy Heads getting redone. Hope to be back on the road late next week.

This one is bling but I also drive my daily driver dakota more so I split the ticket in a manor of speaking.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I believe in capability. My daily is a pathfinder with a/t tires. It's comfortable, yet I've had it in water over the headlights, so it's capable enough to deal with just about anything i'd encounter on the street. It's also fully stocked with tow straps, ropes, first aid, harnesses, cold weather gear, and so on. I'm a firm believer in helping others in need. I'd like to think that if I get stuck they'd do the same.

On the flip side, my toy cars (toyota supra and 240sx, respectively) both have turbocharged engines (garrett gt4088 and a cheap t04e), coilover suspension (ttr, and kei office. Not the cheap sleeves), etc, which is a completely different kind of capable. The older I get the less I seem to drive them, though. I've put 5 miles on the 240 in a year, and maybe 30 on the supra in 2 years.

But I digress, it's all about capability for me. I'll admit that I like my vehicles to look decent, but you'd have to pay me to put a set of 22's or whatever on my pathfinder. Heavy, incredibly ugly, and pointless.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Well, of course. The thing is that mine has larger than stock tires (they're metric and I don't remember the exact numbers) as pretty much it's only exterior modification short of a roof rack for snowboards, and it's as capable as I need it to be. I taught snowboarding for 6 years and never got it stuck going upp/down the mountain in snowy conditions, and it's never failed me in countless river crossings and such while exploring/overlanding.

While I would like to run a wider offset wheel in a 15 inch with a 31 10.5 15, I feel that all that'd do is
    hurt my mileage, as I can get everywhere I need to go as it is. The only problem I have with it as of now is the retardedly designed macpherson strut suspension which severly limits my lifting options, were I to choose to do so.

I don't need an offroad buggy for my particular application, so it'd be hard for me to justify the cost when 99 percent of the time my pathfinder stays on the road, so it's capable enough when it needs to be, but not overly so.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Depends which truck im driving both are rusted out old Ford trucks one is lifted with aggressive tires and the other one is normal

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Depends on what you mean by mods, I tinted my front windows and put in a reasonable stereo. I do drive a car that tends to stand out a bit though, I drive a Magnum or as my wife calls it The Hearse.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Its tough balancing guns and ammo against car mods. I wish thery were cheaper. That bein said, i got 4 chrome rims with 2 front tires for 200 bucks for my mustang, tell me you would have said no to that deal!

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I was going to stay out of this but I'll throw my :twocents: in anyway. Any mods I do to my cars are for MY pleasure, to improve the driving experience, not to impress anyone else. If it makes the car look better to ME, then it is a worthwhile mod. Most of the 'bling' people put on their vehicles does absolutely nothing to improve performance. Our whole country has this idiotic 'look at me' mentality, 'I'm cooler than you 'cause I got...(fill in blank). Cars, clothing, electronics, etc.
    I guess my age and old fart grumpiness are coming out. :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Most/all of my mods for function or comfort. My wife's Saturn doesn't have a single mod at all. My TJ has lift, tires, and an aftermarket bumper - for occasional off-road use. The Truck has steps, bedliner, cover, and a grille cover.

The old CJ is "modded" to death, but certainly not for looks! Everything has a purpose.

Bling rims and low-pro tires on a $1000 car just seems silly to me. :dunno:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I picked that it should look as good as I do. Even though that is a highly subjective statement, most of the mods that I put into a vehicle are usually comfort or more HP. But they do get frequent baths and waxings!!! They are very well groomed. The only car with visual alterations I ever owned was a civic that had the body kit on it when I bought it. It was a Civic and I ditched it after about 8months. The CJ has lots of work, partly due to its age, partly due to her utility on and off road.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Someone before mentioned jeeps. Jeeps by themselves are very capable vehicles. They're a car, a toy, a convertible, an suv, a camper, etc etc. They start out kind of weak
    images

but you can turn them into something unstoppable.

3_Medium_.jpg

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    Paid off, reliable, and in good condition = perfect candidates for some customization. No reason not to make something "yours" if that is something you enjoy. Of course with a boat, you have plenty of other things you can spend the money on (depending on if you fish or are into water sports).

Didn't think you needed a boat for water sports!!

Top Bottom