Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Exactly

BMW_Logo_roundel.jpg

Just brought home a '08 328 CIC hard top. Lovin' it as is. although i did put a BMW vanity plate up front.

My truck is stock except the ingo sticker on it... and i am adding towing mirrors to it, but they are stock mirrors for the truck too...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My SUV is basic black with the factory chrome trim, it blends in with all the other Envoys/Trailblazers and Ranier's even though it is a Isuzu Ascender (after all it rolled off the GM line with them) If and when I do mods, it will not be visible. I have factory dark tint on the read doors/windows and hatch and plan on putting a smidgen darker tint on the driver/passenger front windows so people can't just walk up and gaze in.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Here is a good motto for your vehicles "utility over appearance" Making a vehicle more useful to you is much better than appearance. I do like the occasional "mod" to make it look better though. I like the stock look though. Nothing too gaudy.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    My car lacks chrome, it wasn't that way when I drove it off the lot. Put on a set of different factory wheels, done plenty of underhood upgrades and brake up grades, added a CB and ham radio, added a scangaugeII, put on some driving lights to augment my high beams. Outwardly it's a lot more subtle than it was off the lot, it's somewhat of a small market car so it stands out, but it's also hard for alot of people to ID it's make/model. Frankly I do what makes me happy or improves my function and don't care what others think.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    My SUV is basic black with the factory chrome trim, it blends in with all the other Envoys/Trailblazers and Ranier's even though it is a Isuzu Ascender (after all it rolled off the GM line with them) If and when I do mods, it will not be visible. I have factory dark tint on the read doors/windows and hatch and plan on putting a smidgen darker tint on the driver/passenger front windows so people can't just walk up and gaze in.

Mine rolled off that line but it does not blend in. I have had stock ones try and follow me and it doesnt work. I like to play in the mountains of VA and TN and with the Jeeps at Badlands. I didnt do the mods for bling, but for function and to allow me to fully enjoy the truck.

2011-07-24_15-30-24_247.jpg

DSC_2248.jpg

climb2.jpg

TB-VA-51.jpg

I get to drive it to and from trails comfortably and still have decent mpg(same as my dads stock 1/2 ton).

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    My car is modded for fun, but only very subtle looks mods. Most wouldn't notice much in the looks department at all. It's modified for more go and handling.

Bronco is getting slightly bigger tires, and maybe a small lift. Any mods done to it will be just to make it more capable offroad, or able to handle more abuse. Although some rust repairs are on the list for the future as well.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    im a through and through car guy. everything ive ever owned has been modified. i like subtle mods though. the kind of things only a car guy would notice. having a flashy/loud car at my age is asking for trouble. my last vehicle was a short wheel base 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. i picked up a used tonneu for cheap and had it painted to match the truck. my friend and i fabbed up a light bar that held 4 hella 500's behind the grill, i ad people ask me all the time if it was an option. it was a VERY clean install. then i had an aeroforce interceptor scan guage in an SRT-10 Ram a pillar cover to keep an eye on trans temps when towing and to read and clear dtc's. and a K&N intake to give it a growl when you get on it.

This summer i traded it in on a 2008 Caliber SRT-4 with 14,700 miles on the clock. and i freaking love it! the thing i love AND hate about the caliber is hardly anyone knows what they are. i had a kid at "a day at the strip" in a mustang accuse me of putting a body kit, wheels, and SRT badges on a regular caliber. i couldnt convince him otherwise untill i cut a better 1/4 mile time than him. ( he couldnt drive, it should have been faster than the caliber) the only things ive done to it is i put a shorty antenna on it and an HKS blow off valve. the stock valve isnt very strong. no one expects 285hp out of a caliber. on thursday im getting a base line dyno pull to see what it puts to the ground. granted the caliber SRT-4 is more flashy than the r/t caliber it doesnt scream "LOOK AT ME" like some other cars do. and its an absolute blast in the twistys and especially on the track.

now that im used to the understeer, snap oversteer, and tourque steer im going to start modding. nothing too major, a pcm tune, intake, and a CPE exhaust if i get crazy overtime next summer. with all that it should be right around 330-350FWHP. but i also might buy a harley. i havent decided yet. i have waaay too many expensive hobbies!!!!

heres the ram

CIMG0655.jpg

CIMG0654.jpg

hers the caliber

IMAG0937.jpg

at U.S. 129 A.K.A. "the tail of the dragon" in north carolina

DSC_0319.jpg

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I pretty much stay under the radar.

1011081512.jpg

In all seriousness - as crazy as it might seem I like my car because I like it. I couldn't care less whether people look at me - I'd rather they didn't. But it certainly screams "look at me" if you don't know me.

Top Bottom