• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thank you for getting my point. To the early responses, I have a nice stock pile because I bought in bulk several years ago, and at the time I didn't pay more than 30.00 for a thousand. What brought the post out was I stopped in a reloading store recently and while having a conversation with the owner, he said that he was able to sell primers for 150.00 a thousand because thats what they are going for on Gunbroker. Then this past weekend I talked to a gentleman at the Greenfield gun show, and he was almost proud of the fact that he was charging 150.00 for his 1000 primes. I don't need any, and can walk away. My point is I hope people remember those vendors who feel the need to do this. If it doesnt bother you, than dont worry about it. I for one will remember the vendors doing this, in the future.

What at bothers me is threads like this maligning our retailers and threatening them with your "I will remember the vendors doing this" and try to hurt you if I can in the future because yada, yada, yada. Then you say "if it doesn't bother you, then don't worry about it". People that do not understand markets bashing our retailers bother me and many others, but you knew that when you made the original post. You even had a respected retailer explain it to and you still persist.

I hope the time never comes when the shoe is on the other foot and you need primers, and these retailers remember who you are...

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Every post complaining about the high price always contains the same phrase "taking advantage of".

No one is taking advantage of you. You are free to not pay what someone else is asking. So the only way you are taken advantage of, is if you are forced to buy something at a price you don't like, such as my health insurance premiums after Obama Care went into effect and I had to buy insurance or face a penalty. That is being taken advantage of.

I don't see anyone complaining about being 'taken advantage of' because the price of a Ferrari is $450,000 or the price of gold is $2000/oz. Free association means that you are not taken advantage of unless you choose to be taken advantage of.

Exactly!!
    Surely none of the price complainers own stocks/bonds or have a 401k. Afterall, it would be totally immoral for you to buy in at $2/share and sell when it gets up to $250/share leaving you with a huge profit margin on your investment?!?!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What at bothers me is threads like this maligning our retailers and threatening them with your "I will remember the vendors doing this" and try to hurt you if I can in the future because yada, yada, yada. Then you say "if it doesn't bother you, then don't worry about it". People that do not understand markets bashing our retailers bother me and many others, but you knew that when you made the original post. You even had a respected retailer explain it to and you still persist.

I hope the time never comes when the shoe is on the other foot and you need primers, and these retailers remember who you are...

Bingo.
    My Dad was one of "Those" people and it drove me nuts.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I use the shop around method. When I bought my g3c last week the few stores I called 2 had none in stock, 1 was selling at 399 and the one in my town was 299.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's a great price these days. Bonus that you bought local too.

I've always transferred through him and bought from over the years when he had what I collect in stock. I was down at his place within 10min of calling when I live 20min away. His stock is pretty bare which is good but also bad unless he has a good supply coming in.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    At an auction a member gave me 3 large shopping bags of mixed cases, mostly rifle. I told him I would clean, sort and see what I can do with it. Most ads need a photo to sell which I don't do. Word of mouth got me a few sells. The member wants it back, knows a reloaded that will reload them for him. I dropped off about a third of what he gave me at his house and it's still on the table by his front door, almost a week. Wonder what he'll do when he finds out the added cost primers have caused ammo to go so high.
    I once told him that I cast my bullets so I don't count that or my equipment as a price in reloading. I reload for about $5 to 7 per 100 pistol.

Top Bottom