Venting - The Gay Buddhist won't go away!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    A couple observations:
    1) I don't see what being gay has to do with any of this
    2) If this guy is really Buddhist, he needs to work on it a little more.
    3) Why not just end the conversation and move on?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    A couple observations:

FTW!

:yesway:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    A couple observations:

Goes to the fact that he has never had/raised children. Does not even live in a house hold with them. His last experience living with a child was in his mother's home with his brother 40 some odd years ago.

That has been pointed out before by myself and two others (we have a small office of 25 people). I also put this in to give alittle on the mind set of the person I was refering to (he introduces himself as ___ the Gay Buddhist when you start at our company and to vendors who come in to the office)

That was kind of the point. I stated that we couldn't agree on this point (I believe referring to my brain returning) and we needed to let it go. He continued on until I left for the day (I leave at 4, he works a slightly later shift). When I left he told me that if I "really thought" about when he had been saying over the weekend I would realize he was right. I'm hoping he either forget over the weekend or the rabbi we work with says something ultra-conservative on Monady morning so the attendion of GB goes there.

I am usually successful at avoiding GB even though he sits in the cubby next to mine. This was just alittle too much on Friday. Also, was hoping to get/give some laughs on just how "over the top" some people get at times.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    gay is weird

Bullet would have been much cheaper than therapy.

I don't go around spouting "Hi, I'm a heterosexual Christian!" to people I work with. I don't want to hear about his hang ups either. The opinion from someone with limited experience(his own) and a willingness to blame his twisted self on somebody elses actions Certainly leads me to believe that we should all follow his advice and adopt his lifestyle.

What a TWIT.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    You just got into a conversation with an idiot, best thing to do with that is just to ignore him unless he (or you) need something work related.

It's what I do at work (and off) with people I don't like and it works quite well.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I make it a point to always put in my headphones when a certain someone begins to speak. Either that or I get up and walk out. I lack tact, but they lack selfawareness so it all washes out.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Tell your supervisor you are uncomfortable working around this person because of the conversations they attempt to carry on with you.

If that doesn't work, high kick to groin and walk off :D

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    He on the rabbi today. Guess there are Jewish holidays this week. Yeah! Quiet to work and read. Thanks for the laughs guys.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    oh - just re-read that. REPHRASE - He is "debating" the rabbi today. On the rabbi is a visual no one needs!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Kitty;

I think you should high-kick to the groin then go directly to managment and say that you fear for you life working with him. Then propose two reasonable options.
    1) provide me with the weapon of my choice to carry to/form work and at my desk to protect myself from him.
    -or-
    2) fire this piece of crap.

if you were my wife I would do like i have done to another guy that was bothering her while we were in college.

I ran into him on campus and proceeded to politely tell him that I thought prison wasn't that bad and that if he ever so much as looked at my then Fiancee in a manner that disturbed her I would feed his dead body into a wood chipper and fertilize a field with him followed with a good dose of lime.

either way it's win win.

(Please don't ban me mods)

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Next time he starts in, start recording, then:
    "you are making me uncomfortable, please stop."

After an hour of this, take the recording to HR. Problem solved.

this seems to be the best solution. if anyone else is bothered by him, share this theory.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Kitty;

I think you should high-kick to the groin then go directly to managment and say that you fear for you life working with him. Then propose two reasonable options.
    1) provide me with the weapon of my choice to carry to/form work and at my desk to protect myself from him.
    -or-
    2) fire this piece of crap.

if you were my wife I would do like i have done to another guy that was bothering her while we were in college.

I ran into him on campus and proceeded to politely tell him that I thought prison wasn't that bad and that if he ever so much as looked at my then Fiancee in a manner that disturbed her I would feed his dead body into a wood chipper and fertilize a field with him followed with a good dose of lime.

either way it's win win.

(Please don't ban me mods)

demanding someone be fired usually gets both of them canned so they don't have to deal with the problem anymore

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    snowman

not from personal experience i have seen it happen to a few off my friends. They were both good guys, just a bit heavy on the tattoo's, piercings, hair, and mouth. a pregneant black women, not being racist just setting the seen, said this to my friends boss, he was her boss, and they canned my buddy. This all started when she got pregnant and the company refused to buy her maternity clothes, the company doesn't pay for uniforms to start with. he informed her "that the company would not pay for maternity close because she got knocked up, when they don't pay for your other clothes."

they reprimanded him for the comment that day, then the next day she talked to his boss and said that, then they proceeded to can him for that reason. She had also worked at said company longer then my friend, he had only been there about six months.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    snowman

not from personal experience i have seen it happen to a few off my friends. They were both good guys, just a bit heavy on the tattoo's, piercings, hair, and mouth. a pregneant black women, not being racist just setting the seen, said this to my friends boss, he was her boss, and they canned my buddy. This all started when she got pregnant and the company refused to buy her maternity clothes, the company doesn't pay for uniforms to start with. he informed her "that the company would not pay for maternity close because she got knocked up, when they don't pay for your other clothes."

they reprimanded him for the comment that day, then the next day she talked to his boss and said that, then they proceeded to can him for that reason. She had also worked at said company longer then my friend, he had only been there about six months.

Affirmative Action.. check (for the pregnancy not the creed)
    Seniority.. check
    Appearance unbecoming of any customer relations position.. double check

your buddy was fired when he opened his mouth. Not saying it was right, but you don't mess with pregnant women in the workplace at least not in Indiana. Guy tried to fire my wife when she asked for maternity leave and got NAILED TO THE WALL for it. Obviously she came back after leave and put her two weeks notice in but it is not the point.

She was more of a liability being released in your case than keeping her employed and she was not going to stay employed while your buddy was there. Most jobs I have worked in the corporate sector they just dump both parties to clean their hands of it completely.

Top Bottom