• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Try being a peacetime vet......no benefits at all, and also, My son-in-law is in the AF and my daughter's medical benefits SUCK>>>SUCK>>>SUCK!! Military dependents deserve the best!!!

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Try being a peacetime vet......no benefits at all, and also, My son-in-law is in the AF and my daughter's medical benefits SUCK>>>SUCK>>>SUCK!! Military dependents deserve the best!!!

medical benefits aren't the best to begin with. ..trust me........but you're guaranteed the same benefits regardless of time frame of serving ...as long as you served AFTER legislation passed that provided said benefits (i.e. a Vietnam vet isn't going to receive the GI Bill which was created decades after their service).....but Marine who ended service prior to 9/11 will get the same benefits of one discharge after 9/11....(with exception of the creation of the new post 9/11 GI Bill which was created after the first Marine's service)....:dunno:

regardless....we can complain about all the deficiencies of the existing benefits ALL DAY......the point of my OP is that the government has TAKEN AWAY EXISTING benefits which were promised to these men/women upon signing a contract with them......and to ask ANYONE who does not agree with such government action to write their representatives

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    it has nothing to do with summer break......you don't get BAH during the summer anyway...never did...that hasn't changed..................the ONLY way you rate BAH during summer is if your taking a full time course load of summer classes all summer long

there were people getting $$$ cash money over summer break, and not taking classes

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    medical benefits aren't the best to begin with. ..trust me........but you're guaranteed the same benefits regardless of time frame of serving ...as long as you served AFTER legislation passed that provided said benefits (i.e. a Vietnam vet isn't going to receive the GI Bill which was created decades after their service).....but Marine who ended service prior to 9/11 will get the same benefits of one discharge after 9/11....(with exception of the creation of the new post 9/11 GI Bill which was created after the first Marine's service)....:dunno:

regardless....we can complain about all the deficiencies of the existing benefits ALL DAY......the point of my OP is that the government has TAKEN AWAY EXISTING benefits which were promised to these men/women upon signing a contract with them......and to ask ANYONE who does not agree with such government action to write their representatives

im not sure losing break pay is a broken promise

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    there were people getting $$$ cash money over summer break, and not taking classes

I've never heard of that from ANY school/vet.....my school doesn't disburse ANYTHING if not enrolled in full time classes........

regardless, it BY NO MEANS justifies taking away EVERYONE'S income which they rely on to pay for their dorms/apartments and/or groceries.............

summer, OF COURSE if you're not in classes you don't receive it and were never supposed to and the majority do not.............but fall break, spring break, Christmas break....now putting unecessary financial strains on full time students who have served their country at least 3 times per year....in which they are now going to have to miraculously make up the difference ...again hope they can find an employer for a WEEK........

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    im not sure losing break pay is a broken promise

EVERY recruiter I've ever met, talked to, worked for....all tell their potential recruits that when they go to college they receive money for housing in the amount of $xxxx per month so that they can concentrate on classes without having to work excessively.......then sign a contract on those terms, AFTER serving their time on those agreements the government takes away such funds/capabilities=promises not held up

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I go to school full time and work full time.....but I accepted a far less paying position with less responsibility than I am qualified for/used to so that I can concentrate on classes and not be stressed from the job.....vets using the GI Bill were given NO warning of such changes.....come August or this prior payment...they miraculously received $400+/- less than what they counted on to pay their rent....even for me, a student who also works...I had to skip a vehicle payment in order to compensate for the shortened housing funding where I had to make up the difference.....my situation is of less severity than others due to my income, however this doesn't make it any less wrongful.........

I know MANY student/vets who count on that money for their housing/groceries....how they managed to make up the difference idk, but the point is they shouldn't have had to............

.cut all the government handouts to freeloaders who don't contribute to society ALL YOU WANT.....but that is NOT these men/women who have earned/earning what few perks they were promised........

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I've never heard of that from ANY school/vet.....my school doesn't disburse ANYTHING if not enrolled in full time classes........

regardless, it BY NO MEANS justifies taking away EVERYONE'S income which they rely on to pay for their dorms/apartments and/or groceries.............

summer, OF COURSE if you're not in classes you don't receive it and were never supposed to and the majority do not.............but fall break, spring break, Christmas break....now putting unecessary financial strains on full time students who have served their country at least 3 times per year....in which they are now going to have to miraculously make up the difference ...again hope they can find an employer for a WEEK........

if the VA was required to wipe your ass...people would still complain the paper was too rough

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    EVERY recruiter I've ever met, talked to, worked for....all tell their potential recruits that when they go to college they receive money for housing in the amount of $xxxx per month so that they can concentrate on classes without having to work excessively.......then sign a contract on those terms, AFTER serving their time on those agreements the government takes away such funds/capabilities=promises not held up

so the recruter lied?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I go to school full time and work full time.....but I accepted a far less paying position with less responsibility than I am qualified for/used to so that I can concentrate on classes and not be stressed from the job.....vets using the GI Bill were given NO warning of such changes.....come August or this prior payment...they miraculously received $400+/- less than what they counted on to pay their rent....even for me, a student who also works...I had to skip a vehicle payment in order to compensate for the shortened housing funding where I had to make up the difference.....my situation is of less severity than others due to my income, however this doesn't make it any less wrongful.........

I know MANY student/vets who count on that money for their housing/groceries....how they managed to make up the difference idk, but the point is they shouldn't have had to............

.cut all the government handouts to freeloaders who don't contribute to society ALL YOU WANT.....but that is NOT these men/women who have earned/earning what few perks they were promised........

let me get some cheese for that wine...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    On another note.....during these breaks....it's not OUR choice to not be in school...it's the school's decision/mandatory....if it were up to us to be able to attend classes during these school mandated breaks in order to receive their income to pay their rent, I'm sure the majority would..........whether or not we are physically on campus, we're still enrolled in full time curriculum at said school....you're looking at it as though we are being compensated for attending classes, like it's a job....when it is compensation for having a place to LIVE while being a full time student, allowing you to BE a full time student

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    so the recruter lied?

a verbal contract will hold up in any court...I assure you

also, if you sign a contract under said "promises"....and then those change after the completion of which....you're still entitled to the terms of the original agreement

Last edited:
    Top Bottom