• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No apologies needed, my friend. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was saying anything derogatory about anyone or anywhere. :yesway:

rDbVx8n.jpg

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I know you can't take a joke...

If a person doesn't like where they live then they should find a way to better their life and move on, I say no excuses as anything is possible, when I want something I find a way to get it, no excuses, no half assing, no quiting, it is this drive that gets me what I want. It is a blunt way of self drive and most can't handle it but life is to short to pep talk.

Lulz

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

If a person doesn't like where they live then they should find a way to better their life and move on, I say no excuses as anything is possible, when I want something I find a way to get it, no excuses, no half assing, no quiting, it is this drive that gets me what I want. It is a blunt way of self drive and most can't handle it but life is to short to pep talk.

Life is too short to pep talk... or teach...
    Sad really. Someone so successful should not be willing to share any wisdom beyond 'Life is what you make it'?

OK, that's crass... Perhaps you might consider how much you have to offer the world and to teach others? Assuming you have no excuses for not doing so anyways?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Life is too short to pep talk... or teach...
    Sad really. Someone so successful should not be willing to share any wisdom beyond 'Life is what you make it'?

OK, that's crass... Perhaps you might consider how much you have to offer the world and to teach others? Assuming you have no excuses for not doing so anyways?

Why so much crying? People are welcome to live where there are shootings, just don't whine to me about crime, gunshots, and the problems that go with it...

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Why so much crying? People are welcome to live where there are shootings, just don't whine to me about crime, gunshots, and the problems that go with it...

I bet you're a real treat at Thanksgiving time. I can practically hear the condescending tone with which you tell everyone how wrong and stupid they are.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Good people, are the ones who can turn bad neighborhoods around, not the weak, and the scared who flee at the first hint of danger. It is probably easier to make excuses, quit your neighborhood, and flee to a safer life, than it is to stay and reclaim it. Not everyone can claim success, by surrendering ground to an invader, but you've found a way. You're priceless!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

If that was a joke, you didn't tell it very well.

Lets say a stay at home loses her husband all of the sudden. She's been out of the workforce for 15 years, and her three kids need to be fed. And go to the doctor. And stay active after school. So she gets a job someplace that will take a person with only a two year degree and no recent work experience. Where should she live on tip money? Carmel?

Or how about this one. Mom and Dad work hard, but the factory shuts down and they can only find one mediocre job for the two of them. They raise their kids as best they can, but expenses start eroding their savings. Then junior overdoses on heroin, and since they now have poor insurance, they're forced to make hard choices to keep a roof over their heads. What would you do, Zig Ziegler? Shoot the kid, become a Lawyer and buy a place in Geist?

Or a single grandmother doesn't have custody of her grandkids, but knows her meth head daughter and the dad who disappear won't take care of them. She can't bring herself to let them go into foster care. So she lives on a budget that allows her to care for the kids, and keeps her close by to where they live, as much as she would like to just move away with them.

Not all housing choices are financially driven, and not all financial circumstances are self-imposed. Often factors completely beyond good people's control force them to live in areas SMiller would turn his nose up at. Maybe only temporarily until they can recover from the blow, but they're in the line of fire for a couple of years nonetheless. If you really worked hard to get wherever it is that you are at (where and what is that?), then you will know you didn't snap your fingers to make it happen. Unless you were riding a wave of dad's money right into your own success, you had to scrap for a while until things got better. And what would have happened if one of your kids had cancer along the way? Or someone crossed the median and put you in ICU for a few weeks? I'm sure you accounted for all these possible limiting factors in your success plan. Some people have a really bad lot in life, and things have happened to them most people can't imagine. No amount of positive thinking and excuse rejecting will get them anything beyond a dumpy house owned by a slum lord.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Good people, are the ones who can turn bad neighborhoods around, not the weak, and the scared who flee at the first hint of danger. It is probably easier to make excuses, quit your neighborhood, and flee to a safer life, than it is to stay and reclaim it. Not everyone can claim success, by surrendering ground to an invader, but you've found a way. You're priceless!

How is that success working out for yah? You got Indy turned around yet?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I think we are now at a point where I am going to close this thread.
    I am calling you out in open forum. Your post style is condescending and irritating. It has been for some while. In threads like these you just come off wrong. You can have your self centered attitude but I will ask you to keep it to yourself. You have as much insulted me and many others for lifes choices and decisions made that you can not possibly understand from you perch on high. Give it a rest or find a local sight that will let you be who you really are. We will no longer put up with it.

Tone it down or stay in Florida.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom