Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    daily-gifs-mix-825-21.gif

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Life is what you make it, again no excuses.

That's oversimplified. Life is what you and the other people around you make it.

There are victims in this world. There are people who are in bad situations because of someone else's actions. It's ridiculous to claim that whatever happens to a person is entirely their own doing.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That's oversimplified. Life is what you and the other people around you make it.

There are victims in this world. There are people who are in bad situations because of someone else's actions. It's ridiculous to claim that whatever happens to a person is entirely their own doing.

The folks who espouse this idea are generally in a good place in life. It also enables them to take all the credit for their position in life. Life is bad = someone else's fault. Life is good = I'm awesome. The truth is in the middle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The folks who espouse this idea are generally in a good place in life. It also enables them to take all the credit for their position in life. Life is bad = someone else's fault. Life is good = I'm awesome. The truth is in the middle.

Wow. Arent some of you just so smart and know exactly whats going on everywhere.
    Keep it up. I might be looking at some of this personally. Not as a Mod but a person that has chosen to stay put for many reasons some of you that are smarter than the rest of us have no idea. Take a real walk through someones life and then look down your nose at them. I dare you. Most of you would not come close to surviving.

Yup.....you guys have all the answers. I am impressed.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Seriously, what is wrong with you? Have you considered seeking therapy or talking to a physician?
    Yes I have. And she asked me if I were a math text book, to which I replied " no". "And why do you ask"? She said "cause you sure got a lot of fooking problems".

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Wow. Arent some of you just so smart and know exactly whats going on everywhere.
    Keep it up. I might be looking at some of this personally. Not as a Mod but a person that has chosen to stay put for many reasons some of you that are smarter than the rest of us have no idea. Take a real walk through someones life and then look down your nose at them. I dare you. Most of you would not come close to surviving.

I think you misread the post...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I think there is a misunderstanding. I was referring to the outlook of folks like smiller who seem to have everything they want in life and think anyone who doesn't is solely to blame. Whether things are good or bad in life, we all had outside influence getting us there. I wasn't making an inference about anything else but that.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Yup but in today's society it's cool to play the victim.

Breakdown of the family, loss of morality and just being wimps...........many that could make the changes for betterment.............won't.

It's all about "feelings"................

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    When a major employer was downsizing I saw folks leave, some with a plan, some in blind panic.
    Some stayed and went to pieces. Some just ate a bullet.

Married with kids........or helping sick/aged parents..........can put a damper on mobility.

Some folks will rise above...........some simply endure................and some hide from any tests.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    When a major employer was downsizing I saw folks leave, some with a plan, some in blind panic.
    Some stayed and went to pieces. Some just ate a bullet.

Married with kids........or helping sick/aged parents..........can put a damper on mobility.

Some folks will rise above...........some simply endure................and some hide from any tests.
    I guess it boils down to "how much better do you want it"? Some folks have no idea, or clue how to make that happen. Not their fault, don't have the skills to make it happen. Some folk just grow where their planted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think there is a misunderstanding. I was referring to the outlook of folks like smiller who seem to have everything they want in life and think anyone who doesn't is solely to blame. Whether things are good or bad in life, we all had outside influence getting us there. I wasn't making an inference about anything else but that.

I did not mean to quote you directly in this response but as we all sometimes do I was mistaken here. I want to apologize to you. You know me better than this.
    I see what you were saying and agree. My quote was directed at a few of the wiser members posting in this thread. I hope you accept my apology.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I did not mean to quote you directly in this response but as we all sometimes do I was mistaken here. I want to apologize to you. You know me better than this.
    I see what you were saying and agree. My quote was directed at a few of the wiser members posting in this thread. I hope you accept my apology.

No apologies needed, my friend. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was saying anything derogatory about anyone or anywhere. :yesway:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You are not going to succeed with that attitude...

since you don't know me, you have no idea if I have succeeded or not.

So let me clue you in

My oldest is married, holds down a good job as well as her husband, they have given me 2 beautiful grandchildren.

Tomorrow, I get to watch my middle child get married, her and her fiance' own their own home, both have very good jobs.

My youngest is still in high school, his plans, a mechanical engineering degree.

You see, all these things I have listed, that means I have succeeded. I raised my family well, I have good children who are not a drain on society. Children who don't eat tide pods on a dare, children who live life to the fullest and have also succeeded, like their mom.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Burgers are on me at your convenience.

Burgers, burgers, burgers, burgers, burgers,

Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast,

Burgers, burgers, burgers, burgers, burgers,

Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast,

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    since you don't know me, you have no idea if I have succeeded or not.

So let me clue you in

My oldest is married, holds down a good job as well as her husband, they have given me 2 beautiful grandchildren.

Tomorrow, I get to watch my middle child get married, her and her fiance' own their own home, both have very good jobs.

My youngest is still in high school, his plans, a mechanical engineering degree.

You see, all these things I have listed, that means I have succeeded. I raised my family well, I have good children who are not a drain on society. Children who don't eat tide pods on a dare, children who live life to the fullest and have also succeeded, like their mom.

I know you can't take a joke...

If a person doesn't like where they live then they should find a way to better their life and move on, I say no excuses as anything is possible, when I want something I find a way to get it, no excuses, no half assing, no quiting, it is this drive that gets me what I want. It is a blunt way of self drive and most can't handle it but life is to short to pep talk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom