• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As usual, NO INTOXICANTS ON THE RANGE WILL BE TOLERATED. If you show up intoxicated, expect to be asked to leave as well. This wasn't a pproblem last year and I don't expect it to be this year but I don't want somebody shoing up and saying I never said we couldn't. :)

Does this apply to my mere presence? The intoxicating effect I have on the ladies is well documented.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Does this apply to my mere presence? The intoxicating effect I have on the ladies is well documented.

As long as the women are just pining over you at the time and not shooting, it is fine. Between us there will be groups of ladies clustered around us swooning so I guess the husbands and boy friends can have a good time for once without being nagged. :laugh:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And here are the particulars for the new page since some folks can't be bothered to read through a thread... :(
    WHEN: Sunday October 12, 2014. Starting at 11AM.
    WHERE: Proteq Shooting Academy in Brazil, IN WEBSITE
    WHAT: INGO Open Shoot

Directions to the range are on the website so look there if you are wondering.
    There is also a phone number to call if those directions aren't enough and Don will give them to you I would hope. If not I can try when we are closer to the day.

EVERYONE, range member or not, signs an event waiver BEFORE shooting.
    So either see me or where they are set up and do so please.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looks like we will have a much better crowd so this one should be great. Remember, I am happy to organize this into an annual event since our area seems to have a paucity of them. If this is desired let me know and it will happen. I will pick a day early in the year as well so we don't have to go with what is left. So let's not only have a good time on the 12th but plan for the future while we are there and I will do my best to implement it. :ingo:

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Definitly in! I'm a very busy man, but my booking agent said it would be ok. That's why I married her. :laugh:

So what do I need to do to get on the 300yd range?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    So what do I need to do to get on the 300yd range?
    Read the site then email Don. It is all on there. It is pretty easy and straight forward but Don may decide not to have new folks shooting on it just for a day.

What will you shoot at such a difference? Tell Don that too as it may make a difference. Also, if this is a good range for you to shoot on regularly then give him the $20 for a year and that too may make a difference.

YMMV :)

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    warthog; One thing I did forget is that we will be there for a while so you're welcome to bring food and a cooler full of [SIZE=3 said:
    anything but alcoholic beverages[/SIZE] to keep yourself going.

Every party I've ever gone to the HOST supplied food/drinks for their guests. Looks like you need more training!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, no. :) I will have a case of water, warm. I like my water that way so that is what I will have with me. *remember the following is in the same spirit as your post InfDec)

We can make this a Meet, Greet, Eat and Shoot someday if we go annual though. As of now this is just an Open Shoot. :) Not a party or something I am hosting either, just organizing. This is why I feel no responsibility for ood and refreshments. I also intend to bring myself sandwich for luch since I am diabetic and we will be there long enough that I will need to eat. I will have soe insulin, some glucose pills in case I go low and maybe som other things for my own comfort. :)

The rest of you are catch as catch can so take care of yourselves. :ingo:

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Yes I was only kidding around. I am glad this info came up as I kinda thought this could drag out. Was wondering if any food joints around the area. P.B.& J here I come!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Actually I am glad you brought it up. :)

You could drive back into Brazil to eat, there is fast food to be had there. It isn't far to go either but remember the Covered Bridge Festival will be making for traffice and full restaurants this weekend. If I had remembered that the festival was that week I would have put our shoot off a week Remember this is only my second time planning this event. I will get better each time I d this so next year we will be sure the shoot happens in a week where there are no major events.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I also wanted to update some things as to what I am bringing...
    Ruger 9E (9mm)
    Ruger LC9s (9mm)
    Beretta Cougar 8040 (40 S&W)
    Ruger Redhawk (45 Colt)
    KelTec PTR-18 (223/556)
    Arsenal SA-M7 (762x39)
    Tabuk Reproduction (762x39)
    KelYec SU-16c (223/556)

and the following ammo
    1000 rounds of 762x39 (already loaded into AK Mags) (steel)
    1000+ rounds 223 (already loaded into AR mags) (steel)
    100 rounds of 9mm (plus 6, 17 round Ruger 9E/SR9/SR9c mags)
    100 rounds 40 S&W (plus 6, 11 round Cougar mags)
    100 rounds 45 Colt (lead bullet for cowboy range) (it's a revolver so no extra loaded mags worth) :)

PLEASE help make my homebound load lighter by helping me shoot my ammo. I have a really bad back ad just getting things ready and put by the door is killing me. I am getting it all ready in fact because I can only carry so much in a dat before I have to rest my back. If folks don't help me with the ammo, then at least help me carry it back to my car.. :cool:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    And here are the particulars for the new page since some folks can't be bothered to read through a thread. :ingo:
    WHEN: Sunday October 12, 2014. Starting at 11AM.
    WHERE: Proteq Shooting Academy in Brazil.
    WHAT: INGO Open Shoot

Directions to the range are on the website. There is also a phone number to call if those directions aren't enough and Don will give them to you I would hope. If not I can try when we are closer to the day. I will have a sign up by the right driveway to enter by so look for it. It just says "INGO SHOOT" on it.

EVERYONE, range member or not, signs an event waiver BEFORE shooting.
    So either see me or where they are set up and do so please.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I moved the Hell out of Parke Co. because of the CBF. How could you not realize mid-Oct = CBF?

Oh, and Rhino, I'll try to control myself, but— uh— no promises.
    I guess since I don't go out much I forgot about the stupid thing. :scratch:

For me, October means I am a year older and nothing else. I don't even celebrate Halloween these days. :(

I forgot about getting the place ready for the folks, if anyone wants to come early, say 10AM and give me a hand laying out tarps (to catch the brass) on the various parts of the range please either PM me or post that you will here. Finally, if one of those people doing this who also plans on staying until the end could that person bring a folding table for sign in?

It doesn't end things if no one can help or bring a table to leave for the whole deal either. I will make it work one way or another.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I have heard from a couple I know my mistake this year was the CBF and their wives insisting they go to that instead. :( Can't believe I forgot that but it looks like there will still be a good turn out. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you. My stuff is already packed. :) My long guns are cased and my handguns are too. All magazines that can be loaded are loaded and waiting to be emptied and refilled to be emptied again. Extra ammo is in one of the range bags and I am READY!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.:ingo:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never ever wanted to go to the CBF. That was a wife and her sisters thing. I was always getting the boats out of the lake and up to the marina to be stored for the winter.

Top Bottom