• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No worries. Hk isn't going away. Maybe Sig will absorb them and Ron Cohen can turn Hk around like he did Sig.:laugh:

Lifestyle marketing works better than rock solid reliability when it comes to bringing in the bucks. I'm not a H&K user, but they make a good gun.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Colt treated the public like **** too, and is anti 2nd amendment in many ways, and makes a crappy product compared to HK, and guess who was filing bankruptcy not too long ago and only got bailed out by their govt contract that they only got because they had friends.

Nothing is promised.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Colt treated the public like **** too, and is anti 2nd amendment in many ways, and makes a crappy product compared to HK, and guess who was filing bankruptcy not too long ago and only got bailed out by their govt contract that they only got because they had friends.

Colt had a lot of issues. Not least of which was it's "investors" draining it of cash, saddling it with debt, and then bailing.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Colt had a lot of issues. Not least of which was it's "investors" draining it of cash, saddling it with debt, and then bailing.

"Vultures" is an appropriate word to use in thread titles, when discussing a topic like this.

When you're dumb enough to be simultaneously in bed with the U.A.W. and gun-controllers, you stop resembling a long-term asset, and start to look like "prey."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That only works so long till folks see the pig through the lipstick

2004 pre-Cohen Sig had $40 million/yr sales. Current sales are over $335 million. The market disagrees.

Most guns sold never see enough rounds to discover the pigs. You could make a gun that exploded on the 150th round fired and not get many returns.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Vultures" is an appropriate word to use in thread titles, when discussing a topic like this.

When you're dumb enough to be simultaneously in bed with the U.A.W. and gun-controllers, you stop resembling a long-term asset, and start to look like "prey."

If you have enough assets and someone is willing to fund a leveraged buyout so you can saddle your new acquisition with debt, the vultures can come to roost. Same thing happened to Toys R Us. "Investors" bringing half a billion in debt to the party via leveraged buyout. It's nothing to do with anything other than a balance sheet. Can I get their goodies, leave them holding the loan I used to buy them, and skip to the next company I want to drain.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

I suspect this happens in a lot of industries when "investors" interested in "maximizing value" instead of making a product or selling a good or service take over a struggling company. For example, that is one (of many) reasons we no longer have Marsh supermarkets.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If you have enough assets and someone is willing to fund a leveraged buyout so you can saddle your new acquisition with debt, the vultures can come to roost. Same thing happened to Toys R Us. "Investors" bringing half a billion in debt to the party via leveraged buyout. It's nothing to do with anything other than a balance sheet. Can I get their goodies, leave them holding the loan I used to buy them, and skip to the next company I want to drain.

This also happens with established companies that determine an asset is no longer viable, but want to extract the most value before disposing of it. Instead of selling the Washington Square Mall, the owners leveraged the snot out of it, and, when the notes came due, handed the bank a deed in lieu of foreclosure.

Its all about the balance sheet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lifestyle marketing works better than rock solid reliability when it comes to bringing in the bucks. I'm not a H&K user, but they make a good gun.

Did someone say HK lifestyle?

36695468_10214614858317149_3174715202432139264_o.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I suspect this happens in a lot of industries when "investors" interested in "maximizing value" instead of making a product or selling a good or service take over a struggling company. For example, that is one (of many) reasons we no longer have Marsh supermarkets.

It happens in any mature industry where there are targets the private equity firms like to wring out. A company that's profitable but has slow growth and has a significant amount of assets built up is a target. Borrow money to buy the company, saddle the new company with 3/4 of the debt, go into austerity mode at new company and sell off assets, reduce employees, anything to reduce costs with no worries about long term success, use stock dividends to pay yourself out, file bankruptcy for the acquired company, walk away.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think HK will find a way to weather the storm.
    As much as they hate us, their quality and innovation has always been there. I did watch MAC's video, at least the first few mins, cracked front sight and a non working mag, it does make me wonder about their quality control.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I think HK will find a way to weather the storm.
    As much as they hate us, their quality and innovation has always been there. I did watch MAC's video, at least the first few mins, cracked front sight and a non working mag, it does make me wonder about their quality control.

To be fair, it appeared as if the mags broke in and worked fine. I didn't watch much past that as I have no real interest in HK.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Funny that I watched a video from military arms channel last night and he was showing the quality of a hk usc he got recently. Worth checking out. https://youtu.be/wFwFAQxtz50
    ”look at this gun I bought for a boatload of cash, the front sight is broken, it has junk 10 round magazines; I’m gonna have to send it out, get it made 922r compliant, buy a new lower, new stock, new magazines, new front sight post and all my requisite 922r parts to make a good working UMP instead of this thing that works marginally at best”

definitely the most glowing review ever given

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I currently have a P2000 with LEM trigger that is one of the finest combat pistols around.

Listen to a lawyer tell me how I should feel about anything? Not today.

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    I had a usp40 that was a great gun I got for a steal many years ago. I got rid of it after seeing price of mags and parts and their customer service was very rude.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Show me an H&K product and I can name at least three guns that do the same thing, often better, always cheaper.

Top Bottom