• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I currently have a P2000 with LEM trigger that is one of the finest combat pistols around.

I know two guys who've been through three shootings each. One I will classify as an acquaintance, the other a very good friend. They are both H&K guys and have used them for real in nasty situations. The acquaintance is a big fan of the LEM trigger for managing threats at gun point. I've actually never asked the friend, I know he used the P7 "back in the day".

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The P7 is an excellent pistol in so many ways. I could never fall in love with it for some reason. But any of the USP iterations are wonderful guns. Accurate, reliable. With a hammer that I think is a great safety feature to have when holstering and allowing for double strike capability.

The LEM trigger is remarkable. Once a person becomes familiar with it, it's hard to imagine a better trigger for use under stress.

Now....back to the regularly scheduled "I hate HK because they hate me" program. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having only fired the G3 and the MP-5 my experience was the products were solid and reliable, but expensive. The G3 was hard to hold on full auto, but not really any more so than a comparable 30 caliber. The MP-5 was a good sub gun, but as time went by and prices went into orbit it seemed better just to sell them.

The HK-91 was hard on brass, finding it and reloading.

Never have fired any of their handguns. I remember that squeeze cock thing was quite novel.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Cool , I have been wanting a 45C for some years now just cannot justify almost $1000 for a plastic gun with a ****ty trigger. Hopefully they lower their prices and increase their American market by actually selling us the stuff we want.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The P7 is an excellent pistol in so many ways. I could never fall in love with it for some reason. But any of the USP iterations are wonderful guns. Accurate, reliable. With a hammer that I think is a great safety feature to have when holstering and allowing for double strike capability.

The LEM trigger is remarkable. Once a person becomes familiar with it, it's hard to imagine a better trigger for use under stress.

Now....back to the regularly scheduled "I hate HK because they hate me" program. :)
    I love HK firearms. I've never talked bad about their guns except the vp9 which had issues. My p30L is possibly my favorite pistol I own. I also have an old school mark 23 with the laser and full set as issued. I have a couple other older 9mm offerings too. Oh forgot to add my 416 I bought a couple months ago.
    HK hate? No, not the product, but the company's actions towards us civilians? Yep
    For most of HK offerings you wont go wrong, but they do require a special love. Glocks dont need love they will work anyways.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    IIRC, up until fairly recently that was the issued weapon of the Berrien County Sheriff Department in Michigan. I have a friend that just retired from there and I think they finally switched to something a little more common.
    NJ State Police or some such maybe it was the M*******s, used to carry the P7, I had an M8 and an M13 LOVED THE 8 and wanted to love the 13 but it was a fat little *****. It wasnt Mass, it was Joisey.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I love HK firearms. I've never talked bad about their guns except the vp9 which had issues. My p30L is possibly my favorite pistol I own. I also have an old school mark 23 with the laser and full set as issued. I have a couple other older 9mm offerings too. Oh forgot to add my 416 I bought a couple months ago.
    HK hate? No, not the product, but the company's actions towards us civilians? Yep
    For most of HK offerings you wont go wrong, but they do require a special love. Glocks dont need love they will work anyways.
    Wait... what? Why do you have a 416 and I'm just now hearing about this?!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Told you about it. Before vaca.
    I guess we're going shooting outside :):

No. You said you wanted one. Not that you bought one. I'm always down for shooting I went in 90+ degree heat a week ago...

I don't have to worry about wanting a hk416 after shooting yours, but the CZ P-01 does have me concerned...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No. You said you wanted one. Not that you bought one. I'm always down for shooting I went in 90+ degree heat a week ago...

I don't have to worry about wanting a hk416 after shooting yours, but the CZ P-01 does have me concerned...
    Well you know how that works. When we talk about wanting a gun it usualy isnt too long before we make it happen. I wanted the 416 mostly for the lower.
    90° weather doesnt bother me. That's when I shoot in the AC ;)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know a guy who was disarmed of his P7 but managed to prevail when the idiots couldn’t figure out how to make it fire and he was able to escape to a back room where he had a second gun stashed and used it to blow away the perps.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The only HK gun I own is my VP9, which I really love. It is my only fantastic-plastic striker-fired pistol.

I messed with the trigger return spring and a few other things that screwed it up, and I had to send it back to HK to fix my stupidity. They fixed it (charged me $70), and as part of the fix, "realigned my sights" for me. I never asked for that! They screwed up my perfectly-aligned sights!!! Not too happy, but the gun does function extremely well since their tune up.

I got mine with the LE trigger as well.

45Life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2018
    Florida
    Lets hope they panic and bring back the P7 series in the hopes that it will save them!

Well, a guy can hope can't he?

Top Bottom