• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Does anyone know if conceal carry is allowed in Walmart due to the fact they do sell alcohol; that means they have liquor license. I know in most states, carrying is not allowed in at a place with liquor license. In fact, I just read there was a case in Arizona where a guy almost ended up in the court due to the fact he had a gun in a Walmart. Luckily, that Walmart was the only one in the area that did not sell alcohol.

That's correct...that was the case where the guy shot the killer who was about to fatally stab a woman in Walmart; then all the anti-gun nuts in the area picked on the issue of carrying in a place with liquor license.
    Completely legal. No state or federal law(s) limiting the carry of firearms, OC or CC on premises with an alcohol permit.

States vary with their laws, just as you posted about Arizona possibly having legislation against it, but not Indiana.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Wally World or anyplace, if the uncomfortable people had any common sense they would know a criminal or crook wouldn't carry openly.

:):

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I have decided that If I'm asked to put me gun in the car that I will. When I return to the building***************,,

Difference between you and me. If I were asked to put my gun in my truck, I would willingly, but it would stay strapped to me and I would leave with it right out of their parking lot for the last time. Which means I would never return. Have never been asked to leave, I prefer CC, but that would be my response.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just because I'm a post whore and have to add my two pennies...:D

Walmart has a very non-specific policy because it is a National company. If the corporate leadership tried to tailor a policy that would fit all state and local regulations, the letter that the OP got back would be thicker than the Obama care bill and have more crap hidden in it too.

I, for one, am glad that Wally World has made the decision that weapons carry is not a no no, provided that the person carrying is in adherance to the local and state regulations for the store that he/she is visiting.

As for the individual store managers' descretion, have to agree with that as well. If someone is causing an issue, no matter what it is, the management should have the freedom to exercise his/her own decrestion in asking the person in question to vacate the premises.

Having the information that sj Kahr posted is like ammunition in your mags, folks. If some ill informed wally world employee tries to tell you that there is a corporate policy against weapons carry, you'll know is BS and can make the call.

:yesway: to the OP and the info provided.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    We have a small walmart in our town. I have seen people OC there before with no problems. I CC myself. Although I have been told by employees that the manager is anti-gun. But in our area of redneck majority he doesn't push the issue. At least not yet.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Does anyone know if conceal carry is allowed in Walmart due to the fact they do sell alcohol; that means they have liquor license. I know in most states, carrying is not allowed in at a place with liquor license. In fact, I just read there was a case in Arizona where a guy almost ended up in the court due to the fact he had a gun in a Walmart. Luckily, that Walmart was the only one in the area that did not sell alcohol.

That's correct...that was the case where the guy shot the killer who was about to fatally stab a woman in Walmart; then all the anti-gun nuts in the area picked on the issue of carrying in a place with liquor license.

I can't speak for the laws in other states, but I can tell you that I was OC in Monticello's Walmart on the 4th of July about 3 years ago when I was on a beer run. Actually was picking up harder alcohol than beer as well. I was sober as a judge and stayed that way all day and night, hence why I was picked to drive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    home is a lot different than a public store, because stores must obey civil rights laws, you as a home owner dont.
    then explain to me as a homeowners if i'm renting out a room i can be ordered by the court to take a sesnativity training class if I refuse to rent to a black person and i'm caught in the act.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ^^^^ worthless opinion, worthless post.

the day they get tired of their CUSTOMERS who pay their exorbient salaries, questions is the day i will stop shopping there.

the day they put up signs that say NO WEAPONS ALLOWED: is the day i will cc everytime i go there anyways. what if i attack one of their managers with a scarry ball point pen?? gonna ban those too?

wow..Ive worked at walmart for 4 years now..and my salary is far far from exorbitent. I must be getting shafted:(

OS3-USN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Franklin, IN
    I have no issues at Wal-mart because I don't waste my time or money shopping at Wal-mart anymore, not even for cheap ammo. Since my wife and I quit shopping at WM we have actually seen our costs go down. The final straw for us was when WM got into bed with Homeland Security.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    then explain to me as a homeowners if i'm renting out a room i can be ordered by the court to take a sesnativity training class if I refuse to rent to a black person and i'm caught in the act.
    Then it is no longer a private home and you have entered the real estate business.

Longrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Avon, In
    Glad they atleast have a official policy, vague as it may be. Many business have no policy and have not informed employees on what to do

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Glad they atleast have a official policy, vague as it may be. Many business have no policy and have not informed employees on what to do

My company would be one of these. No corporate policy so it'd be up to the individual General Managers of each store. I know my boss is ok with it. He's told me about seeing someone, recently, OCing in the store and he said he was glad he knew it was there

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    home is a lot different than a public store, because stores must obey civil rights laws, you as a home owner dont.
    if you start judging customers by the way they look i think you would get sued real quick and rightly so. you cant judge a book by its cover. theres a difference in "looking like a thug or freak" and being a criminal with malous intentions. our society is so concerned with what their idea of "looking perfect" is that it makes me sick. maybe i dont think soccer moms driving mini vans look "normal" maybe they scare me (especialy the way they drive), maybe your "average" housewife that looks "normal" but runs over me with her grocery cart the day after thanksgiving just to get to something first, scares me? dont we think its wrong when kids bully other kids at school because they "look different" ? then why do we do it even to a greater extent as adults? wearing a gun is a "normal" everyday thing. people who look different are a good thing, and until we as citizens realize that then we will never truely have an open society. dont fear and judge people by their appearance, judge them by their actions.

to the OP, thanks for putting in the effort to mail them and then post their response. at least we know now that they are wishy washy about it.
    OUTSTANDING POST!!!! This could not be more true. The way you look has nothing to do with the legallity of carrying a handgun. Hypocracy at it's finest in the good old USA.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I have decided that If I'm asked to put me gun in the car that I will. When I return to the building I will point out the oldest frailest person I can find in the store and inform the manager that they concern me and can Walmart please ask them to leave to make me more comfortable.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Wally World or anyplace, if the uncomfortable people had any common sense they would know a criminal or crook wouldn't carry openly.

Maybe BGs will start OCing because they know that "uncomfortable people" with "any common sense...know a criminal or crook wouldn't carry openly"

Maybe they already do

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I went to my local Walmart tonight, and asked about OC'ing (would they follow me like a felon or attempt to kick me out) and the reply I got was:

"We cant stop you, but we dont want you carrying openly, as some customers may get nervous." The guy at the ammo counter said "Heck, I would be more than happy to see people carry, it makes me feel safer.

I like ammo-man!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was at the Avon Walmart last night for 2.5 hours with no problem... I was open carrying my custom stippled Glock 22 with '08 Trijicon night sights in an all black right hand Blackhawk Serpa CQC paddle holster on my 5.11 Tactical TDU belt holding up my LA Police Gear Operator pants. Ate subway, then shopped...

??????

Soooo what was the temperature? Barometric pressure? Visibility? Wind direction and speed? What kind of sub did you eat? Was it toasted? Did you get lettuce? Were there any good sales on granola bars?

What a terribly vague post... :noway:

fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    I cc in the Huntington walmart all the time, and the manager knows that I am doing so . MY daughter had a percription that cost $1187 for 30 days. INS co . computer was down for the 4th of July last year so I had to pay cash for it . the next week ins co . paid for it walmart called and told me to come get my money back , the MGR. had to bring the money back to the pharm. $300 at a time there policy is they can not carry any more at a time. She ask me are you not afraid to carry that much cash ? I pulled out my permit to cc and said as a matter of fact NO. she said if she wound have knowen that she would have ask me to walk with her every time she went to the office to get my ca$h.

Top Bottom