• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunuser17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2017
    Chicago
    Amazingly with all of their concern for their customers, they are still happy to keep selling alcohol and tobacco products as well as bicycles. But there were 10,000 drunk driving deaths in the USA last year, over 150,000 lung cancer deaths and 40,000 or more bicycle accidents resulting in 800 or more deaths a year. So about twice as many bicycle deaths as compared to deaths from being shot by a rifle. But their only concern is their customers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Okay, just playing devil's advocate here, but remember when the bakery didn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, and everyone was like, "It's their business! They should be able to refuse to bake the cake!" And "Any private business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason!" There were a LOT of people here on INGO expressing those feelings. Now that we're (gun owners) the "gay couple" (figurativey speaking), not so much. Just sayin'...

I disagree. There are distinct differences. In the former, the "aggrieved" customers turned to the government to retaliate against the cake baker. I don't know that I've seen a single person call for prosecution for discrimination or some new law be enacted to fix Walmart. Customers should always reserve the right to make their feelings known to the business owners. And that's all I'm seeing here and in the circles I travel on social media--complaining among ourselves.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm stuck on this "after existing inventory is sold" business. If Walmart is so concerned about safety and reducing violence and they need to stop selling certain types of ammunition, why is it okay to keep selling it just because they have it? If it's wrong to sell it, it's wrong to sell it and they should dispose of it, either disassembly and selling the scrap or perhaps donation to police departments who could use the ammunition for training. The fact that they want to make a little final profit or at least minimize a loss when it's convenient for them is . . . very Walmart.

This occured to me as well. I thought Dick's was misguided but at least you have to give them credit.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    39t6m7.jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Has anyone written to Walmart corporate yet? If so, do you have a working link? I've tried but it's one of those 3 step ordeals and it stalls out on step 3. :rolleyes:

I wouldnt use the website contact us form. It will just go to some kid in an office that will send you a drafted response and it won't go any further than that. Here is the CEOs direct email. (Keep in mind he doesn't personally check it... But his assistant does, and she will keep him in the loop on what's coming through)

mcmillon.doug@walmart.com

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Last time I tried to buy handgun ammo from Wal Mart three of their employees engaged in conversation walked right past me as I stood at the counter and never even acknowledged me - looks like I'll start reloading ALL handgun ammo. Sometimes with 9mm or 380 I just want a box as I'm heading to the range - might have to visit the Rural King today.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I quit buying ammo at Walmart because of all of the issues that arise there, but rarely anywhere else.

For example, the old guy at the Lebanon Walmart who thought I was trying to buy "too much" ammunition at one time (five Winchester USA 100rd boxes of 9mm 115gr FMJ) because I would only need it if I were "planning to start a war." He took it upon himself to demand to see ID and then didn't want to sell it to me because he decided that my signature didn't look the same to him on my credit card and DL. Then there was the guy in Crawfordsville who accused me of buying ammo just to re-sell it on something he called "hoosier topics." It goes on . . .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I quit buying ammo at Walmart because of all of the issues that arise there, but rarely anywhere else.

For example, the old guy at the Lebanon Walmart who thought I was trying to buy "too much" ammunition at one time (five Winchester USA 100rd boxes of 9mm 115gr FMJ) because I would only need it if I were "planning to start a war." He took it upon himself to demand to see ID and then didn't want to sell it to me because he decided that my signature didn't look the same to him on my credit card and DL. Then there was the guy in Crawfordsville who accused me of buying ammo just to re-sell it on something he called "hoosier topics." It goes on . . .
    If this would've happened back during the great ammo shortage I would say he didn't want you getting in on his racket, like the other Walmart employees.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If this would've happened back during the great ammo shortage I would say he didn't want you getting in on his racket, like the other Walmart employees.

I think it was toward the end of that dark time and you could be right. I shot everything I bought in just a few matches.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Here is an interesting find from Walmart's corporate policy page:

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

Didn't think that the NRA, NSSF or some other knowledgeable gun organization might have valuable input? No wonder they've been continuously tightening up guns policy over recent years. That's enough for me. Bye, bye Walmart.

Hat tip: TTAG.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Here is an interesting find from Walmart's corporate policy page:

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

Didn't think that the NRA, NSSF or some other knowledgeable gun organization might have valuable input? No wonder they've been continuously tightening up guns policy over recent years. That's enough for me. Bye, bye Walmart.

Hat tip: TTAG.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    The bottom line for me, is I will shop at a place until I am made aware that they support ideas I disagree with or worse financially back those I consider enemies.

CM is right. If every INGO member boycotts Walmart it won't show up on their bottom line enough to matter.

It doesn't matter to me if it hurts them. It matters to me that I am not financing people that work against me and my convictions with my hard earned money.
    I also own no Levis jeans, and no one has seen me drink a Pepsi in at least 10 years. I'll also be toasted on the blue flames of Hell before I order anything from Amazon, but that has a lot more to do with how they treat their employees and we truckers than a stated gun policy.

Businesses really need to learn that having no policy is a lot less likely to offend 30% of their shoppers than stating one either way.
    They open their mouth, and I close my wallet. At least I feel better about the decision.

Actually buying ammo at Walmart isn't something I've done in years. They could have just quietly sold everything down and let it wither away and almost no one would have noticed because Timmy always had the key and no one could find Timmy.
    I just feel like in today's climate every anti-gun move needs to be railed against considering the assault our rights are under.

Top Bottom