• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh I get that part, believe me. But doesn't the same principal of "their business, their rules" still apply? Just seems that for many, that sentiment only applies when "their rules" are ones that we agree with.

Bingo. The left is in love with "their business, their rules" when it's stores banning guns and ammo and tech companies silencing conservatives. The right is in love with it when businesses are refusing to serve gay people or atheists or whatever. Everyone just wants their preferences enforced on others by whatever means necessary nowadays.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bingo. The left is in love with "their business, their rules" when it's stores banning guns and ammo and tech companies silencing conservatives. The right is in love with it when businesses are refusing to serve gay people or atheists or whatever. Everyone just wants their preferences enforced on others by whatever means necessary nowadays.

Uh....I am a conservative and I could care what/who businesses do past my constitutional rights. I get in a twist when the LGBT uses their preferences to snipe on private owned business to push them into law suits.

But yes it seems we are seriously divided anymore. Gee I wonder who did that.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I really couldn't care less what Walmart does. They have nothing that I can't buy elsewhere. Life is too short to have to deal with stupid petty crap.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I don't know about the one in Martinsville, but up here in Indy, the Save-A-Lot stores I've seen are pretty seedy, and they tend to be in neighborhoods to match.

The customers in Save-A- Lot are not much different from the ones in Walmut or Kroger. Why worry, you carry a gun,don't you?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So where does Napoleon Doomberg's private security army buy their 9mm and 5.56?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Save-A-Lot just north of us is actually a very clean store. The clientele can be a bit shady buy hell people.......go out in the real world more often.

Oh yeah, I don't have a problem with the clientele as long as the store is clean and the food is stored/presented properly and of good quality.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So how many bought from Kroger or Walmart the last few days?

Anyone actually boycotting them?

I'm going to say, "partially"...

I went to Sam's Friday (which I had been planning for months already), but instead of buying my normal $600 of stuff, I bought $140 of ONLY the stuff that I can't get anywhere else.

So... After mulling the reality of boycotting the largest retail chain in the US over, I have decided to do as little business with them as I can. The way I'm seeing it, they've lost $460 from me so far and will continue to lose more in the future. Most of anything that I would buy from them would be loss leaders anyhow (like Walmart's famous $2/can brake cleaner, which is about 1/2 the price of the competitors) so they're probably losing money on me anyhow... this is especially true when I buy a case of brake clean (liquid) and get them to ship it to me for free (about 30lbs).

So... I will treat them as I do Amazon Prime. I don't like their corporate policies, so I will make myself as big of an expensive nuisance of a customer as possible. I frequently place 5-10 Amazon orders in a week just to make them ship and package 5-10 orders instead of 1. :)

Bad for the environment, but so is Amazon.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm usually a Meijer shopper, but in the past I have sometimes stopped at Kroger for the onesie twosie things since I have two of them within a couple of miles from me. I don't plan to do that anymore.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Time to break out the reloaders again. When I stopped competition shooting I stopped reloading so going back to the basement. My blue machines are cheering now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm going to say, "partially"...

I went to Sam's Friday (which I had been planning for months already), but instead of buying my normal $600 of stuff, I bought $140 of ONLY the stuff that I can't get anywhere else.

So... After mulling the reality of boycotting the largest retail chain in the US over, I have decided to do as little business with them as I can. The way I'm seeing it, they've lost $460 from me so far and will continue to lose more in the future. Most of anything that I would buy from them would be loss leaders anyhow (like Walmart's famous $2/can brake cleaner, which is about 1/2 the price of the competitors) so they're probably losing money on me anyhow... this is especially true when I buy a case of brake clean (liquid) and get them to ship it to me for free (about 30lbs).

So... I will treat them as I do Amazon Prime. I don't like their corporate policies, so I will make myself as big of an expensive nuisance of a customer as possible. I frequently place 5-10 Amazon orders in a week just to make them ship and package 5-10 orders instead of 1. :)

Bad for the environment, but so is Amazon.

O. If every one of us (Ingo) stopped buying from Wally it would not even be a blip on the big screen. Seriously.

We buy bulk at Sams. I have zero issues with Sams. We spend $500/$700 a month in Sams.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    O. If every one of us (Ingo) stopped buying from Wally it would not even be a blip on the big screen...

I don't have to tell you this, but do a Google search on guns or 2A stuff and see how often INGO comes up on the top or near.

We lead or at least mimick other gun sites across the web.

Don't underestimate. We build the momentum, others will follow.

Hurt these anti-gun supporting companies, even a little, financially and it will make the news. Then it really begins...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    O. If every one of us (Ingo) stopped buying from Wally it would not even be a blip on the big screen. Seriously.

We buy bulk at Sams. I have zero issues with Sams. We spend $500/$700 a month in Sams.

You do realize Walmart and Sam’s are affiliated with groups actively lobbying Congress against 2A rights, correct? I don’t care if there aren’t enough of us to make a difference in their big picture. It’s about principle to me. I will go out of my way to deny them revenue.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I don't have to tell you this, but do a Google search on guns or 2A stuff and see how often INGO comes up on the top or near.

We lead or at least mimick other gun sites across the web.

Don't underestimate. We build the momentum, others will follow.

Hurt these anti-gun supporting companies, even a little, financially and it will make the news. Then it really begins...

I was actually referred to INGO by the Michigan version of it because the MI guys told me, straight up, that the guys here know more about their laws than they do and that 99% of their posters were clowns (got 3 different PMs from different people, unsolicited, telling me that). I have no opinion one way or the other of that site, but that's the opinion their members had...

---

That said, an INGO blackout on Wally wouldn't do anything, but a gun owner blackout sure would. Therefore, I admit that I feel like I'm part of the problem by continuing to support them and I will try to make myself less of a traitor in the future. The idea I've seen tossed around the forum here that I like the best is an organized boycott for a specific period of time. I think you could get a lot of gun owners to skip Wally for a month or two, while letting them know why, and let them feel our presence. Surely someone in the 2A community has the clout to get that ball rolling, and I'd support them. I just don't think an outright boycott is practical for most people, like it or not.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just don't think an outright boycott is practical for most people, like it or not.

Why not? There's nothing at Walmart that you can't get somewhere else. The appeal to shoppers is that they generally have the lowest prices, but that's it. If your only goal is to save a few pennies then shop there, but if you're fed up with their BS then there are most certainly other options.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think these big retailers now sense that we won't have a choice but to patronize them if they all go forward with this anti-gun nonsense. The proposal earlier to select one and focus on them is a good idea. Walmart is probably a good choice since there are so many other reasons to never enter their premises. As mentioned, INGO may not make a dent, but if a significant percentage of gun owners refuse to patronize them (and let them know why), they're going to feel it. It may not make a difference, but it would at least be a principled action on our part.

Top Bottom