• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Why not? There's nothing at Walmart that you can't get somewhere else. The appeal to shoppers is that they generally have the lowest prices, but that's it. If your only goal is to save a few pennies then shop there, but if you're fed up with their BS then there are most certainly other options.

There are 2 or 3 things from Sam's that I literally can't get from somebody else. It's their store brand stuff I like.

And... I go through about 100 cans of brake clean a year from Walmart, buying from somewhere else is literally double the money, so about an extra $200. I'd get more mileage giving that $200 to GOA than I would Autozone.

That says nothing of the people who really don't have other shopping options in their immediate area. If I really wanted to, I confess I could just dump Wally and never look back. It would cost me money, I wouldn't have things I want, and it would be less convenient. But, there are some people that can't afford to do that. When Wally is the only real store in your county, what are you really going to do?

So... I admit that I'm not being as strong of a 2A guy as I could, I've confessed what I'm already doing (reduce my support by about 80%), and stated what I'd be willing to do in the future (participate in widespread, LARGE, organized, boycotts). I can pull the wagon for about 80%, if it has to be all or none or I'm just as good as a gun banner, then I guess we're just not going to be friends (and I'd honestly like to be friends with everyone here, so, not ideal).

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Why not? There's nothing at Walmart that you can't get somewhere else. The appeal to shoppers is that they generally have the lowest prices, but that's it. If your only goal is to save a few pennies then shop there, but if you're fed up with their BS then there are most certainly other options.

Walmart is the goose that lays my golden eggs. AKA: my employer. I'm buying all the ammo I can afford there as I get 10% off on what is already a good price. When they're out, I'll buy it elsewhere. And they employ a **** ton of people in this country who may suffer if enough of us did boycott. Sorry guys. I'll complain to mgt but I won't boycott my employer.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Walmart is the goose that lays my golden eggs. AKA: my employer. I'm buying all the ammo I can afford there as I get 10% off on what is already a good price. When they're out, I'll buy it elsewhere. And they employ a **** ton of people in this country who may suffer if enough of us did boycott. Sorry guys. I'll complain to mgt but I won't boycott my employer.

I understand not biting the hand that feeds. They put you in a spot you didn't ask to be in, so, what can you do?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    3a1687.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm only seeing about a dollar and a quarter difference between O'Reilly's prices and Walmarts on brake cleaner for the same exact product. Virtually no cost difference if you are willing to buy O'Reilly's house brand instead of CRC brand.

At that rate if you are going to lose THAT much money every year on brake cleaner, you are already doing it wrong by not buying in bulk for upfront savings.

I just buy the cans there when I'm buying the rest of the parts for the brake job so I dont waste $3 in gas driving over to Walmart afterward to save $1.25 on the can. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of folks on here remember how long it took to turn Dick's Sporting Goods into a dirty word for those of us concerned for the 2A.

We can do better than that with this assault to the Second. We have learned what happened when we allow ourselves to be so self centered as to support those who ultimately will have us all unarmed.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm only seeing about a dollar and a quarter difference between O'Reilly's prices and Walmarts on brake cleaner for the same exact product. Virtually no cost difference if you are willing to buy O'Reilly's house brand instead of CRC brand.

I don't buy CRC brand (which is normally around $4 a can), I was buying Super Tech until they switched over to whatever $2/can stuff they're selling now. If this is that big of an issue for you guys, then I guess I can buy it from where ever and NOT send GOA the $200... Your call, and I'm being dead serious. YOU decide what I do with that $200.

I agree that buying bulk is probably the way to go and I've been considering it for a long time. Last time I looked, Walmart was a better deal, but the small cans do annoy me (plus a lot of trash). Either way, you're not talking me out of the 2-3 Member's Mark things I like nor the Seville Products furniture I intend to buy in the next year that I can either pay 50% more for order from Sam's.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The bottom line for me, is I will shop at a place until I am made aware that they support ideas I disagree with or worse financially back those I consider enemies.

CM is right. If every INGO member boycotts Walmart it won't show up on their bottom line enough to matter.

It doesn't matter to me if it hurts them. It matters to me that I am not financing people that work against me and my convictions with my hard earned money.
    I also own no Levis jeans, and no one has seen me drink a Pepsi in at least 10 years. I'll also be toasted on the blue flames of Hell before I order anything from Amazon, but that has a lot more to do with how they treat their employees and we truckers than a stated gun policy.

Businesses really need to learn that having no policy is a lot less likely to offend 30% of their shoppers than stating one either way.
    They open their mouth, and I close my wallet. At least I feel better about the decision.

Actually buying ammo at Walmart isn't something I've done in years. They could have just quietly sold everything down and let it wither away and almost no one would have noticed because Timmy always had the key and no one could find Timmy.
    I just feel like in today's climate every anti-gun move needs to be railed against considering the assault our rights are under.

This is SO the quintessential wally world experience. Why on earth would you staff the area that includes ammo with an employee that is not allowed to have a key to the ammo case? :rolleyes:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Giving my money to Walmart means someone else's employees suffer instead. I'll let the Walmart employees suffer

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

At that rate if you are going to lose THAT much money every year on brake cleaner, you are already doing it wrong by not buying in bulk for upfront savings.

I just buy the cans there when I'm buying the rest of the parts for the brake job so I dont waste $3 in gas driving over to Walmart afterward to save $1.25 on the can. :):

X's 100 cans.
    There is a notable difference in brake clean. Some is better than others. They no longer put the good stuff out for you to buy. It is full of bad evil things. Most solvent style cleaners are full of bad evil things. The Oriley's brand might be the weak sauce stuff. Not sure. But I get his point. If I truly like a product price in not something I lean on. If something works well for me then I will seek it out for the known results when using it. This apply's across the board. you covered it well enough. Tripping over $5 bills to pick up quarters. But again, hard for me to say really.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Giving my money to Walmart means someone else's employees suffer instead. I'll let the Walmart employees suffer

As I have mentioned in other posts and threads on this topic if we all boycott, all of Ingo it will not even register as a blip on the big Wally world screen. But I do get it. I really do.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    As I have mentioned in other posts and threads on this topic if we all boycott, all of Ingo it will not even register s a blip on the big Wally world screen. But I do get it. I really do.

Man... Telling these guys I'm going to do a lot less business with Wally is like going through a divorce. Not happy unless they get it ALL...

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I recently saw a post on FB encouraging gun owners to go to Walmarts and fill their shopping cart heaping with ice cream and such and abandon them in an isle and leave. Do you find this petty, juvenile?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I recently saw a post on FB encouraging gun owners to go to Walmarts and fill their shopping cart heaping with ice cream and such and abandon them in an isle and leave. Do you find this petty, juvenile?

Dont give the left more fuel for their fire.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Beyond juvenile. It's stealing, in my opinion.

Top Bottom