• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like others have said, I typically buy my ammo online anymore. Maybe a box of 22LR from time to time from there but that's about it. We won't be boycotting them. It's getting to the point if I boycotted every retailer that pissed on gun owners, I'd be living like an Amish farmer.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I have to stop in there every other month to get insulin for my dog $25 a vial vs. $95+ elsewhere. Twice I've come home with syringes missing from the pack and once I found a used syringe in pack Anderson Walmart.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Another great line:

"The company, America's largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and ammunition for short-barrel rifles after selling all of its current inventory."

LOLWUT? Is this akin to "will this 22LR be used in a pistol or rifle, sir? because I have to see ID to know you are over 21 to purchase handgun ammo."

EDIT: so does that mean they will stop selling ALL rifle and shotgun ammo? Because what about guys that SBR'd something other than a military style rifle? Or an AOW-like gun such as a shockwave? Stopping sales based on what it could be used in is silly.

"lets ban the ammo for the AR-15!" Uh, lady, the Remington 700 uses the same ammo. Its like they think ammo is built for one gun and one gun only. "This box of ammo goes in an AR15, This box of ammo only goes in a Rem 700, etc. "

Some places don't allow civilians to own military caliber weapons, so you can't buy 5.56 NATO (scary stuff!) but you can buy .223 (not scary stuff) hunting ammunition.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They feel like they have to do something to look like they care......a little.

A polite request to not open carry? What's that?

This whole thing is half-measures that will make everyone on all sides angry.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I knew that Wal Mart was big and powerful, but now they can write laws....go figure.

...and this, from the Walmart media department, in and of itself, is not a ban:

As it relates to safety in our stores, there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

i don't know what it is...what force, if any, does a "respectful request" have? Seems to me they just invited people to test them and find out.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I knew that Wal Mart was big and powerful, but now they can write laws....go figure.

...and this, from the Walmart media department, in and of itself, is not a ban:

i don't know what it is...what force, if any, does a "respectful request" have? Seems to me they just invited people to test them and find out.

I saw this and laughed. How many "Walmart open carry" videos will there now be on youtube?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I’m seeing people vowing never to buy ammo from Walmart, but what about an outright boycott?

Honestly, Walmart is a giant raging dickbag of a company, and I already never go there except for ammo and when I have no other choice.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    There was another gang related shooting at a Walmart in lake county, Indiana. Don’t think I’d venture into another WM unarmed...

I wouldn't bet on this reducing crime in Walmart (with or without guns) one bit.

Honestly, Walmart is a giant raging dickbag of a company, and I already never go there except for ammo and when I have no other choice.

And now that reason is gone as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    All mass shooters who were headed to walmart just did a U-Turn on the highway. No guns in walmart means no more criminals killing unarmed innocent people.
    I love how all of this works. Ill feel safer shopping at meijer today.

IKR. I don’t think this has anything to do with Walmart’s desire to make anything safer, but is simply a publicity stunt to make the sheep feel better.

So, a shooter goes into a Walmart and kills people. Walmart’s response is ‘No more guns in our store’. They cannot possibly be stupid enough to think that this choice is anything more than a liability disclaimer and a feel-good move.

My guess is that they are grabbing the chance to ‘do something’ to bring in business. The sick ****s are capitalizing on a tragedy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I say boycott the place and shop at stores that either got rid of guns and ammo decades ago or never sold them at all.

Am I saying don't boycott them? Nope. I understand why we would want to- just pointing out the logical end of a boycott.

Meijer- no guns anymore, some rifle and shotgun ammo.
    K-Mart- no guns or ammo anymore (I got my Marlin 60 there 25 years ago).
    Local grocery store?- If there's one that sells guns and ammo, let me know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Walmart can suck it. I wont spend a dime on their ammo I dont care how cheap it is. But lots of people will just like they still shop a cheaper than dirt and dicks. Thats why pur gun rights are under attack. Because most gun owners are pansies and dont stand for anything and are as limp as a cheese stick

This is true ^^^^

Too many people get all righteous about rights being stomped on but then patronize those doing the stomping because they jar of pickles is 5 cents cheaper there

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom