• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is true ^^^^

Too many people get all righteous about rights being stomped on but then patronize those doing the stomping because they jar of pickles is 5 cents cheaper there

Nail hit right on the head. It drives me bonkers. Tripping over $5 bills to pick up a quarter.
    We see it everywhere all the time.
    Another trigger is the word "Cheap/Cheapest".The word means cheaply made or junk. I see a thread started with the word "Cheap" whatever and my eyes go crossed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll still carry mine until they post a sign not to. I guess I'll try to take my business elsewhere as much as possible.

Let them feel our displeasure with our wallets.

I’m seeing people vowing never to buy ammo from Walmart, but what about an outright boycott?

Honestly, Walmart is a giant raging dickbag of a company, and I already never go there except for ammo and when I have no other choice.

Pretty much the only thing I did go into Walmart for was ammo and as stated by others, only when it made sense to do so vs ordering online.

Wife and I pretty much have ceased shopping there for several years now, not due to any political stance but just because there are better options with better customer service and product generally out there that we chose to support. On the rare occasion I did go in, was really to pick up some additional ammo, which now will be a no go.

The concern will be now if online ammo sales continue to be a target of the Anti 2A crowd, then our options slim down quite a bit.

This is the problem when some of these companies become as large as they are. They can control the market not just from an economic standpoint, but also from a political agenda standpoint.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is true ^^^^

Too many people get all righteous about rights being stomped on but then patronize those doing the stomping because they jar of pickles is 5 cents cheaper there

Agreed, and on the flip side of it, that is why customer service, product quality, etc has also declined. The never ending race to zero, except when it comes to Walmart's own revenues and margins.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I wonder if this will carry over to Sam's Club... where I just bought a car battery Monday... when conceal carrying... while ready to help stop some psycho-nut-bag yelling & threatening the exit receipt scanning person... with another OPEN carry customer close behind me.

[Nice "Trump graphic" cera-coated sidearm & US flag holster if you are on here]

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    I quit shopping at walmart and have never shopped at dicks.
    These places wont see my money.
    Good thing I am not president as there would be no imports of any kind and walmart wouldnt survive.
    Mom and pops shops will benefit from walmarts poor choices. lol

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Where does ups not deliver?
    There has been significant discussion about outright boycotts, so that statement is not necessarily limited to just ammo.

I have in fact lived in areas where Walmart is close to the only choice for grocery and sundry. Even if it is because they ran out the mom and pop shop..

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Can someone please link this to the "Why I Reload" thread? If you don't you had better learn. Things will get worse before they get better......

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I quit shopping at walmart and have never shopped at dicks.
    These places wont see my money.
    Good thing I am not president as there would be no imports of any kind and walmart wouldnt survive.
    Mom and pops shops will benefit from walmarts poor choices. lol

There are times they should see your money. For me its when I know they are selling a loss-leader. Then I show up, buy only that item, and nothing else. Last time it was a 10/22 black friday deal for $130 I believe.

And I'd say this decision by Walmart will send more of my money to Kimball at Bobcat, but I cant. He already gets 100% of it whether its my competition loads or components. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Am I missing the part where a shooter bought a weapon and ammunition at a Walmart then started shooting people at random?

Pretty sure most Walmart shootings have been conducted with firearms and ammunition that the perps have brought there from somewhere else and started the killings.

How you gonna stop that Walmart?

Might as well close the doors now because your new policies won’t do diddly squat to stop that.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's not - they're definitely aware that it's just a PR stunt and nothing more.

Yup. Chucking law-abiding gun owners under the bus, then turning to everyone else and going "Don't you love me for punishing those mean 'ol gun owners?".

Top Bottom