• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Having bought ammo at that same store in Kokomo, Ive got to say at least one of the guys that works back there isnt too knowledgeable so take whatever they say with a grain of salt.

Id put my money on what he or someone probably was told was that no ammo was coming in, and he turned that into they arent restocking all by himself. Of course he could have had help with that too from some supervisor doing the same thing with what they were told.

I hope thats the case anyway, they were cheaper than anyone else around here....when they actually had stuff in stock.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I was in the Fishers Walmart Thursday of last week and the guy behind the counter knew quite a bit about ammunition. He said Walmart is having trouble getting the orders and quantities from the wholesalers just like we are having the same problem on the retail end. SUPPLY AND DEMAND. No or limited supply to the stores.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I heard the "WalMart isn't gonna re-stock" rumor yesterday. I was working, but I sent a scout (yes, one of my minions) to a Fort Wayne store to inquire whaddup. WalMart (there) hadn't even heard that, had no plans to discontinue, and currently was expecting an order to be delivered.

superdave_611

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It's not just WalMart, it's everywhere. I've contacted Remington about restocking stores and they claim that production is in full gear and would be shipping after the first of the year. So far the only new .223 stock I've seen anywhere has been a small amount of foreign 20ct boxes in the gun shop and surplus cans of 5.56 tracer, all at about .75 cents per round. Nobody online has shown new stock or filled backorders.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Well, technically, they (walmart) have made no confirmation of this.
    Of course with stores telling customers this, Id find it hard to believe that they are all wrong in addition to the few stories about it Ive seen pop up.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I picked up 10 boxes of 9mm in Avon today and posted in the "Get your Ammo here" of the remaining 6 boxes. Seems like they're restocking it to me.

tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Walmart

I was told by the Fishers Walmart manager today that once everything from their wearhouses have been sold, no more. They will no longer be selling ammunition. Likely to hear about it tomorrow (about how Walmart has decided to take "reasonable steps" in the prevention of more tragedies. How they have taken "common sense" approaches and have shown their "willingness to cooperate." A bunch of bull****. They got strongarmed. Just like the banks, GM, and IN pension holders did in the auto bailout. They gave them an offer they couldn't refuse.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    I just called the corporate office and this is not true walmart has not changed their policy. They did say that some individual store managers have put orders on hold for fear of getting stuck with inventory if an executive order passes and they are unable to sell it.

tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    good to know

Good to know. Thank you for clearing that up.

*Sorry everybody. Please disregard the conspiracy I probably just helped to promote!*

I'm just glad I still have a reason to go into such a classy store! :)

tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    come to think of it

I just thought of this. I hope that corporate wasn't jerking your chain. The reason I say that is because it pretty much goes agaisnt every notion of supplky and demand.

Further, even if they "over-order," it would still fly off of the shelves! If all of the gun-control talk just magically disappeared tomorrow, it means that they would still sell their ammo. Instead of hoarding it all like we are doing, we would actually be able to go have some fun on the weekends shooting!

Again, I hope you're right though.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    My local Walmart was stocking ammo today. Nothing much to go wild about but they were putting the tax stickers (we have to pay $.10 tax for each box here in TN) on the boxes as I was checking thier stock. Said they don't know when it comes it until it does.
    On a better note , if this is true, the guy said his manager told him yesterday they are not carrying the Bushmaster at all. But they will sell the Colts, Sigs, Windhams and others again. They have them on hold until the "emotions" calm down. Whatever that means.
    Maybe one of the resident Walmart INGOers can provide info.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    I was told by Kendallville Walmart today HQ is ordering ammunition for stores. But, the store can order ammo if its from Federal. He told me they did put in a $10,000+ order directly to Federal, backordered of course.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Walmart's store in Linton ammo case was almost empty. If you have, .270. .243 or
    30-06 you could have picked up a couple hundred rounds. Everything else GONE.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I spoke with the WalMart sporting goods dude the other day, he claims to put in orders every week but they don't get filled. He says whatever comes in on the truck is what he gets. He was just stocking 500 rds of 9mm, all that came on that shipment.

Top Bottom