• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    muncie walmart last night told me that the last time they had any ammo on the incoming truck, that the manager ran to the truck got the ammo as it was needed. then was told it all sold out in less than 10 min. so if the demand is this big, why not order 3 times as much?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    muncie walmart last night told me that the last time they had any ammo on the incoming truck, that the manager ran to the truck got the ammo as it was needed. then was told it all sold out in less than 10 min. so if the demand is this big, why not order 3 times as much?

If they are like most store owners I've talked to they did order 3 times as much but that is all the supply chain was able to send at the moment. :dunno:

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks

I'm sure they are ordering 3 or more times as much. They disperse what they order to every Wally which if you think of the number of those across the country is quite a few. The little you see trickle in is probably based on pre-frenzy amounts plus 4 or 5x more. They are probably trying to keep lower than what they could do only in preparation if the bubble bursts.

rdd2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    walmart is into making money if they could get the bullets they would be the largest distributor probably in the usa

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    they are getting it they say it goes fast just got to be there at right time

I asked one of the Walmarts in Fort Wayne just yesterday. They said they get trucks every day, but are not sure what will be on any given truck. They told me the best bet is to just keep checking back with them. Earlier in the day the better because their supply does go fast.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    What amazes me is how a person can be passionate about Christ, understand exactly what an absolutely free market winds up doing to at most of the participants and not be a little bit troubled by it. I'd explain why this isn't workable in a world of Sin but this is against INGO rules. Were we without this and living in the Kingdom, a Free Market would be perfect and grand but we aren't so there needs t be some oversight to keep the truly evil at bay.

That's all I have for you.

Could you point me to Jesus' sermon where he expressed his concern for free market inequities and said we need equality of circumstance?

Sheesh - questioning my faith because I have economic disagreements about the free market.

That's really something.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Local Walmart here has only been getting a few boxes here and there. But prices went up alittle Winchester white box 45 100pack now $40.99. Had some tulabrass max in 40sw 170 gr. 50 pack for $19.99. Had MSR Fusion 223 62 gr. 20 rds for $22.95

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Local Walmart here has only been getting a few boxes here and there. But prices went up alittle Winchester white box 45 100pack now $40.99. Had some tulabrass max in 40sw 170 gr. 50 pack for $19.99. Had MSR Fusion 223 62 gr. 20 rds for $22.95

Prices went up were Im at also at the local WalMart

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    whats really stinks, is the people who get the ammo first, sells it after jacking the prices. just wish i could be the first guy in line so i know i can get some.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I kinda got screwed myself after deciding to buy an EDC .45, not paying any attention to all this crap that's going on.... I got lucky and caught 45's twice and got 600 rounds accordingly, but those are staying with me.... well... what's left of them... I won't feed the system, I just wanna shoot.

It's really sad about the 22lr stuff. All those kids, women and new shooters can't enjoy the sport because of a few douchebags... Cheaper than dirt comes to mind too... companies aren't exempt from douchebaggery either it seems...

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    It's really sad about the 22lr stuff. All those kids, women and new shooters can't enjoy the sport because of a few douchebags... Cheaper than dirt comes to mind too... companies aren't exempt from douchebaggery either it seems...

Exactally how I feel, but I keep getting told its all about "the free market system". Frankly I believe it all about greed.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You're spot on JCWIT! That's what I have ben saying too, I only made the free market comment to make a point.

Try looking deeper into this post and others to see what I really think.

andrewlinne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I feel sick about the shortage in ammo and gun prices .The government has alot to do with that with talk about a ban. Gun owners are scared about the situation and stoking up on ammo and guns.There is were your shortage in ammo is .I just wish things would go back to normal .

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Over the past two months I have been able to purchase ammo at Walmart 5 or 6 times. I have bought 9mm and 7.62x39 each time I have been lucky enough to find some.

What I recommend, folks, is if you pop in and see some 22lr, .223, 7.62x39, 9mm, .40S&W, or .45ACP.............BUY IT! Buy whatever you can afford!

Take it home, snap some pics, and put it up on INGO. But, do the gun community a solid.....if you feel the need to mark it up, be cool and just round up to the nearest buck or so. Help other shooters out. If you grabbed 3 boxes of 7.62x39 for $5.19 a box and you don't even have a commie gun (or Mini30 :D), do somebody a solid and give them those three boxes for $20 even. That pays for your gallon of gas, and lets somebody go rip through a couple magazines for the price of a movie and popcorn.

I am 100% a free market capitalist guy, so do what you want.....but people are going to remember the guys on here who are selling bricks of .22lr for $60 and MiniMags for $25/100 rounds.......and you can bet that my soft heart will turn hard should I happen to have something they want in the future.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    For that matter - why isn't walmart selling all of their ammo at cost.

GREEDY COMPANY.

Bash the free market, while completely ignoring the fact that the free market created the ability to sell said products in the first place.

This is a temporary shortage. Settle down. Don't like the panic prices? Don't pay the price. After all, sellers will have to lower their prices or sit on their ammo if you don't pay the price. Bills will come due, they'll have to lower the price to get their money to pay their bills. This isn't rocket science. We have temporary shortages and the market can correct them.

The world isn't going to end if you don't get to shoot your gun for a few months, or you have to skip eating out so you can buy ammo instead. Whining about it on the internet doesn't get you anywhere.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Walmart in muncie had some earlier today... I missed them had .223 and .22's
    Dunhams in Muncie has lots of 7.62x54 and quite a bit of 7.62x39 in no .223

Top Bottom