• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The funny thing is that there was SO MUCH native American presence in Indiana (aka: land of the Indians) that virtually EVERY construction site or road building activity turns up artifacts. If they had followed the law and stopped construction and notified the authorities every time an artifact was discovered, I-69 would have NEVER BEEN COMPLETED through southern Indiana, and most everyone I know that built a house would have had to stop constuction due to artfacts being found at their "archeological site (aka: basement)". It is a stupid "feel good" overreaching law that came out of Bloomington (nuff said).

Better yet, the academic archaeologists don't even bother to follow the law either.
    Eternal unrest: How archaeologist, Hamilton County park officials defiled Native American graves

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Thanks for showing me your photos when I was in the shop this morning. That property is a fantastic place!!

I wish you and the Mrs. many happy years there!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wow, that looks even better than Hemlock Cliffs

Thank you sir...Not quite as breathtaking as Hemlock Cliffs (Hemlock Cliffs has a 150 ft drop) but in the same vein and part of the same geological system...Hemlock Cliffs is about 8 miles due north as the crow flies...A bit more how the F 150 rolls...:)

This Glacial Map kind of explains how it happened...I guess that massive amount of glacial melt run off had to go somewhere...As Rusty stated earlier, you all got Glacial lakes up North...We don't...Glaciers never got here but their run off sure did....It cut through that sandstone like a knife...I found a nice chunk of worm coral walking through one of the little run off creeks...

fig24.jpg

This Rock House is now part of the Nature Conservancy's Saalman Hollow Preserve (which is about a 1/4 mile upstream from our place...) They (the Conservancy) are trying to buy some of the remaining land from the landowners....

fig32.jpg

[FONT=&amp]Figure 32: Prehistoric mortars for processing nuts and other foods on the floor of Peter Cave in Perry County, IN. These are often referred to as "bedrock mortars" but they are often large blocks of sandstone fallen from the roofs of caves and rockshelters that may preserve the remains of ancient campsites beneath them.[/FONT]

Top Bottom