We can put a man on the moon, but we can't...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's a giant conspiracy. It's the mowing-industrial-complex, mannnn.... You got the big lawn mowing companies in cahoots with big fertilizer that keep such innovations off the market. If grass didn't grow, their entire empire would collapse and there's too much money in it for them to let that happen.

:)

4050488.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It's a giant conspiracy. It's the mowing-industrial-complex, mannnn.... You got the big lawn mowing companies in cahoots with big fertilizer that keep such innovations off the market. If grass didn't grow, their entire empire would collapse and there's too much money in it for them to let that happen.

:)
    Don't forget Big Oil too!
    Let them cut grass.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I recall when I was growing up seeing a house that looked like it was a restaurant because it had concrete all around it, no grass. I don't know if it once was a restaurant or not, but people were living there. They must have really didn't enjoy mowing. Seems like it would probably be difficult to sell though if you ever wanted to move.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    WTF haven't we genetically modified grass to grow to a certain height and then stop?

Created a bird feeder that has a spring loaded boxing glove and a squirrel sensor?

This is the sort of thing that pops into my head as I mow the lawn.

No genetics here, but a PGR, plant growth regulator would help. This product is designed to reduce trimming.

Edgeless Turf Growth Regulator

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I like a well trimmed yard, and can appreciate those yards that obviously have been cared for meticulously. I'm just all "What's the point?" Is it Keeping up with the Jones? After a while it gets to the point of a chore and you don't WANT the neighbors to be *****y that your grass is too tall, so you go out and cut it. To me, it doesn't make sense to spend MY money to buy a lawn mower and gas, MAINTAIN said lawn mower and KEEP replenishing gas, not to mention all the accessories! WEED WHACKERS! BLOWERS! FERTILIZERS! WEED SPRAYERS! All to cut millions of little green bastards that I didn't even plant!

Whew, I feel better, thank you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom