• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    So early this am I water part of the garden and the all of the animals. No issue. 9am wife texts - we have no water pressure.

Uh oh. One well for water. Go through a bunch of stuff I would check. Make a couple calls to guys as cheap as I am. No further suggestions. Time for professionals. I will be there to learn

Nothing simple. Time to pull the pump. Ouch. Pump motor is running but no pressure. Time for new pump

I had priced pumps a few years ago for the family farm. But DANG stuff went up.

All in all, over 6k for new pump, clean out (will be it had never been cleaned since the 1984 pump was installed) and new tank. Lifetime warranty.

Crazy expensive. Not much more than the 4500 for just the pump. We have water again.

In preps we had water for ourselves. Totally spaced the animals. Gotta get the rain barrels setup.

Now to find 5 extra hours a week to pay for a chunk of it.

Sigh.

Learned lots. Kept the old pump to see if I can fix it.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    That sucks big time having well problems, yes I know from experience. My problem started last December about the time the cold weather hit. This is a three year old bored well 22 feet deep that somehow filled in about five feet of fine white sand.
    Curious about what type well you have, depth and diameter and especially info about the "clean out." I converted my set-up from a submergible pump to a shallow well system. Everything is working fine this way but I do like the original system better. Jim.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well maintenance. It's a thing. $10,000 last year to drill a new source in Madison county. 85' deep. Lifetime warranty on pump and pressure tank IF they come and check the system periodically.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    120’ deep. Pump is at over 100’ feet. Can’t recall this am how high the water is.

4” pipe. Can’t recall type of system but is where water pumps up to sealed area about 6’ underground and goes off through piping.

I was on the phone during the flushing. Wife said water was spraying everywhere so I assume they powered a bunch of water through it.

C&J did it. I work about 2 blocks from the main office.

They have to flush it at 10 years for the warranty to remain in effect

I would love a second well. Yea, those numbers eliminate that option.

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    But just think of the money you're saving on a water bill! Haha

We're on a well also, no idea the age of any of it but looks old.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Damn, I've heard C&J was expensive but this confirms it!

I paid just under $4,000 last fall to get my well pump replaced, in a 100' well. That includes a new pressure tank and digging up / removing the buried pressure tank.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Damn, I've heard C&J was expensive but this confirms it!

I paid just under $4,000 last fall to get my well pump replaced, in a 100' well. That includes a new pressure tank and digging up / removing the buried pressure tank.
    C&J treated ours like the emergency it was. Done quickly and professionally. Paid cash so no financing makes it cheaper.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Who buries a pressure tank?
    No freaking clue. Just bought the place last year...turns out the pump had a pinhole leak and was running nonstop. A bit surprised the widow that lived here didn't question the HUGE electric bills...

They showed up in the morning and were done by noon. Regardless, I've heard great things about C&J...they are based where we used to live.

Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Ouch. I'm so lucky they decided to run municipal water out by me a few years ago. Although if I ever decide to build something elsewhere on my property, I will be drilling a well...)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No freaking clue. Just bought the place last year...turns out the pump had a pinhole leak and was running nonstop. A bit surprised the widow that lived here didn't question the HUGE electric bills...

They showed up in the morning and were done by noon. Regardless, I've heard great things about C&J...they are based where we used to live.
    I've used C&J when I needed to replace my pressure tank and I was also very happy with them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ouch. I'm so lucky they decided to run municipal water out by me a few years ago. Although if I ever decide to build something elsewhere on my property, I will be drilling a well...)
    I hope we never go on municipal water. They forced us to hook up to sanitary sewers a couple of years ago (we were on septic that worked just fine). I'll need to find a crooked plumber if they make us hook up to city water. I'm not drinking that crap. Like drinking from a swimming pool.

Top Bottom