• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here’s something I found interesting…
    You can click on the map, move to your area and then click on the dots and get all kinds of info.

I’m very familiar with many properties around, including some of the gas wells that were tried out back in the 60’s, and some show up and some don’t, about 50% for the ones I’m familiar with.

The well at my house and the one at the farm had accurate records of the bore materials at the different depths.
    Interesting reading if you’re weird like me.
    That's pretty cool, but it doesn't show our well, which would've been drilled around 1952.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That's pretty cool, but it doesn't show our well, which would've been drilled around 1952.
    It looks like to me, anything that I know C&J did is recorded, anything that the company out of Kokomo did is not, but that’s just my little neighborhood, not very scientific.
    The map is 50% for my knowledge base on water wells, not just gas wells in case I wasn’t clear earlier.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It looks like to me, anything that I know C&J did is recorded, anything that the company out of Kokomo did is not, but that’s just my little neighborhood, not very scientific.
    The map is 50% for my knowledge base on water wells, not just gas wells in case I wasn’t clear earlier.
    I think ours may have been drilled by Acme, which was bought out by C&J several years ago. Don't know for sure if they were the drillers, but I know they did some work on it (pressure tank or something). C&J replaced our pressure tank and redid some of the electrical about 3 or 4 years ago.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I called 2 well companies and they both did record searches. Neither found anything and one of them disputed that it was a water well because it was 8" and he had never seen one that size "in over 40 years of experience" I'm thinking it should have good flow, it's about 100 yards from a clear creek that never really goes completely dry. I had a plate welded on top for safety as I didn't have the time or money to do anything else with it.
    My mom and dad's house has an 8" well.

When my grandpa was shopping for land back in the 40s, he picked that plot over some on either side of it because he new it had that well.

He had worked on a road crew in the 20s that built the road. They bored 8" wells every so many miles to make concrete. And for some reason, they bored them very deep. You could likely hit water there at about 40', but they bored it to around 100'.

When dad build the house him and grandpa dug a pit about 6' deep, trenched a line up to the house for a water line and electric, and poured a concrete slab over the top with and access hatch. Then they dropped a 6" pipe down so they could easily buy a submersible pump for it.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    My mom and dad's house has an 8" well.

When my grandpa was shopping for land back in the 40s, he picked that plot over some on either side of it because he new it had that well.

He had worked on a road crew in the 20s that built the road. They bored 8" wells every so many miles to make concrete. And for some reason, they bored them very deep. You could likely hit water there at about 40', but they bored it to around 100'.

When dad build the house him and grandpa dug a pit about 6' deep, trenched a line up to the house for a water line and electric, and poured a concrete slab over the top with and access hatch. Then they dropped a 6" pipe down so they could easily buy a submersible pump for it.

It's very well possible that this is good water because there are few houses, and not much spraying or fertilizer upstream from here either.

Top Bottom