What’s a lot of rounds (Based on "What’s a big gun collection?")

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Is there any legal requirement to notify the fire department or any other government agency that you have a certain level of ammo? If so, what is that level? Is it considered a hazardous material?
    Asking for a friend.

When our house caught on fire you could hear ammo popping, the firemen were only concerned if there were loaded firearms in the are of the fire!

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    ...Plus reloading components out the wazoo. I may never feel that set but I'd like to!

My thoughts too. Having a lot of factory ammo would be nice but that guy has made a monstrous investment both monetarily and in storage requirements.
    I really want to build up my reloading supplies more than anything...and direct some saved $$$ for other supplies...like med supplies, freeze-dried food, water, etc.
    Then I can "roll my own" as often as needed if the SHTF.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    100K per platform.

In 9mm, that equals $20,000

In .223/5.56, that = $30,000

In .22LR, that equals = $4,000

In 7.62x39, that equals = $25,000

In 12 gauge, that equals = $22,000

TOTAL = $101,000

If you collected that over a 10 year period, that is $10,000 per year, $841.66 per month, $210 per week, $30 per day.

That is some financial commitment. But I would love to have half a million rounds of my favorite calibers.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    As I read through this post, I realized you guys were talking rounds and not pounds....

Good luck out there people.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My thoughts too. Having a lot of factory ammo would be nice but that guy has made a monstrous investment both monetarily and in storage requirements.
    I really want to build up my reloading supplies more than anything...and direct some saved $$$ for other supplies...like med supplies, freeze-dried food, water, etc.
    Then I can "roll my own" as often as needed if the SHTF.

Agreed, it's mainly just a practice supply or fun supply should things dry up. I only need so much "usable" ammo which to me is hollow point/defense ammo. If you make it through a few cases of that things are very bad!

Top Bottom