• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Last weekend was the Impossible Pumpkin Pie, today is Creamed Corn Casserole with swiss cheese, Green Bean Casserole, White Castle Stuffing and the turkey currently cooking out in the Masterbuilt Roaster/oil less fryer. As you can see I have no imagination, but don't do too bad for someone that previously relied on a spouse for 22 years to handle this task. All those years I never paid attention, was I supposed to wait until Thursday to do this?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Turkey was put in brine last night. Sides will be prepped tonight. All I'll have to do tomorrow is fire up the smoker.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Just pulled my 15lber out of the brine, injected, stuffed, and rubbed her down. She is now in the smoker at 300! should be ready in about 3 hours. The test run went perfectly and a 14 lb bird was amazing. great smoke flavor and killer cajun flavor. it's already gone from just the wife and kids lol

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Have macaroni cooling for salad. Will soon make dressing. Got two birds to cook in the morning; one traditional roasted in the oven with the dressing, and one that will be injected and cooked on the charcoal grill.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Fresh grouper on the grill. Boiled fresh shrimp. Some noodle bowls and plenty of alcohol in many forms.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Just pulled my other turkey. 165 in the breast. 178 in the thighs. Beautiful smoke ring. This one looks amazing. Got a bit darker and looks perfect.

Also did mac and cheese. Cole slaw and a sweet potatoe bake. Should be a good night

hoosierdaddy1976

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Got macaroni salad done and stuffing prepped. Stock pot is simmering so I can make gravy tomorrow. Turkeys were still a little icy this afternoon, but I do have them rubbed down. Injections will have to wait until the morning. Plan on having them going by 5:00 am or so.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Smoking the turkey and salmon as I type. The pecan pie, fruit tarts, rice and sausage stuffing are done. The girls are finishing up the rest later, green beans, corn bread, corn pudding, and more than I can remember right now.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Smoked Curried winter squash soup made and ready. Spiced and smoked nuts (2 flavors) in the jars. Drambuie/butter/maple syrup infused turkeys in the smoker right now smelling up the neighborhood. Debating whether or not to make pumpkin rolls or not. Enjoying coffee and watching the smoker temps. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

hoosierdaddy1976

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    First bird off the grill, going to rest for an hour or so before carving.
    23843314_1902657376729049_5894769059240142_n.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    @BoilerWes

Lobster Bisque

Old bay seasoning (to taste)
    2lbs lobster chunks (or 3medium tails)
    4 oz butter (for blonde roux)
    4 oz flour (for roux)

prepare blonde roux with 4oz butter and flour set aside

6 oz butter
    1cup finely diced sweet onion
    3/4 cup finely diced celery
    6-8 oz lump crab meat chopped
    3 qts heavy whipping cream
    1 qt milk
    6 oz. sun dried tomato pesto or tomato paste if pesto unavailable
    kosher salt to taste
    WHITE pepper
    fresh dill for garnish

bring a pot of water with old bay seasoning to a boil, precook lump crab and lobster meat for two minutes only, cool and chop.

melt 6 oz butter and sauté veggies over med-high heat 3-4 minutes, add cream milk and tomato bring to simmer and stir. Cook 20minutes stirring occasionally. Add crab and lobster. Slowly add roux till proper thickness (when it coats the back side of a spoon). Add salt and white pepper to taste, garnish with fresh dill.

This recipe came from the Corporate Chef for Groen Foodservice Equipment and is the best I’ve found so far for bisque.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Turkey was put in brine last night. Sides will be prepped tonight. All I'll have to do tomorrow is fire up the smoker.

Just pulled my 15lber out of the brine, injected, stuffed, and rubbed her down. She is now in the smoker at 300! should be ready in about 3 hours. The test run went perfectly and a 14 lb bird was amazing. great smoke flavor and killer cajun flavor. it's already gone from just the wife and kids lol
    Now that turkeys are cheap I'm gone to try one on the smoker for the first time. I was thinking of using the left over brine in smoker water pan, is this a good idea?

Top Bottom