• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Turkey was put in brine last night. Sides will be prepped tonight. All I'll have to do tomorrow is fire up the smoker.

Just pulled my 15lber out of the brine, injected, stuffed, and rubbed her down. She is now in the smoker at 300! should be ready in about 3 hours. The test run went perfectly and a 14 lb bird was amazing. great smoke flavor and killer cajun flavor. it's already gone from just the wife and kids lol

I’ve done this in past & will keep doing so in future.
    Awesome!! I'll give it a try then. Thanks

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Turkey was put in brine last night. Sides will be prepped tonight. All I'll have to do tomorrow is fire up the smoker.

Just pulled my 15lber out of the brine, injected, stuffed, and rubbed her down. She is now in the smoker at 300! should be ready in about 3 hours. The test run went perfectly and a 14 lb bird was amazing. great smoke flavor and killer cajun flavor. it's already gone from just the wife and kids lol

I don't use a water pan so I can't say.
    Is that because you are cooking a turkey or you just generally don't use it when smoking meats?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I dont see how it would hurt but not really needed. A turkey will be a short smoke so shouldn't lose a lot of moisture honestly. That's the main reason for the water pans. One down side might be that your skin won't crisp up.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I'm a new to smoking too and been reading your posts about preparation. Thanks!
    I poured a bottle of killians in the turkey Everyone loved it. Cooked it in a electric roaster on low heat for about 4 hours. Moist and tasty bird!

Top Bottom