What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I’ll just leave this here...

Yep! My folks and just about all of my aunts and uncles were heavy smokers (most were heavy drinkers too). All of them had COPD and most spend their last days dragging a O2 bottle around with them. I have 4 left out of 26. That is not counting spouses. There is only 1 spouse left. I have held the hand of more then one person struggling to take there last breath. Yeah, I know, I am a buzz kill too.

Every time I see a kid with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth I want to shake them and say wake the f**k up! That s**t ain't worth it.

Carry on....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Everything dies, it's how we live that matters. If you don't want to smoke, don't, I'm as interesting in hearing preachy busybodies on that topic as I am on veganism or some PETA PITA. Yes, I know I'll never be as old as some of the books I read...according to the news no one is or probably ever will be.

I have a host of pipes that when I smoke them it's usually in my library reading a book...with a fire in the winter. My favorites are a calabash and a couple of nicely carved meerschaum that I picked up in Turkey. One is a dragon claw holding a smooth bowl and the other is a Viking head with an eagle helm and scale eye patch; there's a lot of free standing carving, very intricate work and signed by the artists. I like a good aromatic tobacco.

For cigars I like Arturo Fuentes but like anything I can find in natural wrappers.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Everything dies, it's how we live that matters. If you don't want to smoke, don't, I'm as interesting in hearing preachy busybodies on that topic as I am on veganism or some PETA PITA. Yes, I know I'll never be as old as some of the books I read...according to the news no one is or probably ever will be.

I have a host of pipes that when I smoke them it's usually in my library reading a book...with a fire in the winter. My favorites are a calabash and a couple of nicely carved meerschaum that I picked up in Turkey. One is a dragon claw holding a smooth bowl and the other is a Viking head with an eagle helm and scale eye patch; there's a lot of free standing carving, very intricate work and signed by the artists. I like a good aromatic tobacco.

For cigars I like Arturo Fuentes but like anything I can find in natural wrappers.

Im going to need pics of your fancy pipes. Esp. the Viking pipe.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I got about 60 nice briar's and meershcam's....I tend to steer towards a blend of three or four Virginia's with a touch of cavendish...Mother in law is bringing me a box of Cubans from Argentina come November...

I give them away to buddy's as I am not a cigar man...Pipe or Cigarette is my preference...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I got about 60 nice briar's and meershcam's....I tend to steer towards a blend of three or four Virginia's with a touch of cavendish...Mother in law is bringing me a box of Cubans from Argentina come November...

I give them away to buddy's as I am not a cigar man...Pipe or Cigarette is my preference...

Please tell her to only buy them from LA Casa de Habanos, or she's likely way overpaying for counterfeits. That's extremely rampant down south.

Don't ask me how I know. Sigh.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Cigars I am a big fan of R&J reserve maduro. Frog Morton Cellar is one of my favorite pipe tobaccos, and Navy flake is another I smoke a lot. Captain Black Royal is a great cheap pipe tobacco that has a great smell.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Haven't had a stogie in a few years but when I did, I really enjoyed the Romeo & Juliet Viejo. It's a box press that almost tastes flavored but it isn't. Man, I really do miss them.

So I discovered Cigarbid . com. I think it's run by C.I. Anyway, I won an auction for 5 of my beloved Viejos shipped for $20. They arrived today. Too bad it's cold out right now.... I might have to wait until spring.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So I discovered Cigarbid . com. I think it's run by C.I. Anyway, I won an auction for 5 of my beloved Viejos shipped for $20. They arrived today. Too bad it's cold out right now.... I might have to wait until spring.
    I hope you have a good humidor :laugh:

I smoked a Rocky Patel Edge today.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I hope you have a good humidor :laugh:.

I only need a golf bag.

I found a Don Diego in my golf bag this summer. I haven't played golf in about 2 years. It's been outside in my unheated garage for that amount of time. The cigar seemed ok as it was still in it's wrapper. It's wasn't dried out or cracked. So I lit it after finding a lighter and it smoked perfect! I couldn't believe it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    1NNFmPb.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I’ll just leave this here...

No one has conclusively linked pipe smoking to lung cancer. You don't inhale, and it doesn't contain additives to help it burn.

Anyhoo, I don't smoke cigars, but I do have a few pipes. Mostly I smoke a corn cob, but I have a couple of briars. I have a partially blasted small Stanwell, an unfinished Savinelli, a nice Lorenzo, and a couple of non-descript briars. I just picked up my first meerschaum at an auction tuesday night. It is a great smoker. I just packed it for the drive home.

For tobacco I like about any non-aromatic. I like Presbyterian mixture, McClelland Legends, SPC Potlatch and Captain Earle's Reflections for Latakia blends. VaPers I smoke are Elizabethan Mixture, Russ Oulette Firestorm, G.L. Pease Sixpence (technically an aromatic) and Escudo. I also like straight Virginias like McClelland Brindle Flake. For Burley I like Haunted Bookshop and Exhausted Rooster from Cornell and Diehl. There are a bunch I'm forgetting. But on average, if it contains Dark Fired Kentucky like a couple of those I have listed, I tend to like it more.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom