What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So I discovered Cigarbid . com. I think it's run by C.I. Anyway, I won an auction for 5 of my beloved Viejos shipped for $20. They arrived today. Too bad it's cold out right now.... I might have to wait until spring.

Some of us call that the Devil Site.

Because we go broke there.

Once I eat dinner I'm lighting up a Liga Privada No. 9. Tasty.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Fuente, Oliva, Upmann and Partagas are my go to cigar brands, but these days I'm more likely to be smoking a pipe.

Nat Sherman 536, Early Morning Pipe, Dunhill Standard Mixture and Reigel's Middle Earth is what you'll find in my briars and Half and Half is what will be found in my cobs or my knockabout Dr Grabows.

I'm not a daily smoker. I usually only smoke 1-2 bowls a week.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My humidor was running low, so I had to head to the store today.

An1pWNE.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    After supper I went out to the garage and had a Viejo. Just like I remember. It was a bit chilly and after about 30 minutes, I was just too cold to really enjoy it. So I'll probably have to wait until spring.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Looking at the Drew Estate choices and found this. Looks interesting. Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Fermented Cigars - Drew Estate

Anybody tried these yet?

[video=youtube_share;CIZz6px6xC8]http://youtu.be/CIZz6px6xC8[/video]

No, but if it's anything like Perique for pipe tobacco, it will be amazing. Perique is a special strain of Burley only grown in St. James Parish, LA. They age it in barrels for a year. It's peppery, a little musty, sometimes a bit fig-like. Hope those cigars are similar.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    No, but if it's anything like Perique for pipe tobacco, it will be amazing. Perique is a special strain of Burley only grown in St. James Parish, LA. They age it in barrels for a year. It's peppery, a little musty, sometimes a bit fig-like. Hope those cigars are similar.

$150 for a box of 10. INGO group buy?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I no longer enjoy the aroma of a good,aged Maduro.For the money,look for Nat.Cicco's Churchill Rejects.These are Seconds,but are better than 95% of all the Churchills.If you look around,you can find them for $60.00 to $70.00 for 50.You will not be sorry!. Tampa does have good cigars.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Frog Morton out of an Ardor I had custom made. Wish I could get more Penzance for it, but it’s sold out everywhere.....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nope. This ones “across the pond.” Still a Latakia rich blend. If I remember correctly, there’s like 4 or 5 different blends of Frog Morton. This one is my favorite of the frogs.

Frog Morton Original? Doesn't look like the tin art I'm used to.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Nope. This ones “across the pond.” Still a Latakia rich blend. If I remember correctly, there’s like 4 or 5 different blends of Frog Morton. This one is my favorite of the frogs.

That makes more sense.

I've heard of FM Original, Across the Pond, On the Town, On the Bayou, and Cellar. I've only had Cellar and Original. I had to let the original age a few months. It was pretty one dimensional when I first opened it. It's getting better now though. I haven't had much Cellar, but it's really good. Looks like I need to try some Across the Pond.

I've never even seen a tin of Penzance, but I'd love to get ahold of some some day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom