What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    There are some great smoke eaters/air purifiers out there that can handle cigars.

A cigar podcast I used to listen to had one of these linked below installed in their "studio" and they said it was awesome. For a couple hundred bucks, it might be something to look into.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPD9BDI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Ngb5Fb8GWP7RZ

71eazmZrhmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for the link and suggestion. That may be a good add on to the exhaust system I want. I'm looking to put an exhaust system off 800+ CFM and then some else in the room to purify the air to get out the residual smell that's left behind after the smoke is extracted.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks for the link and suggestion. That may be a good add on to the exhaust system I want. I'm looking to put an exhaust system off 800+ CFM and then some else in the room to purify the air to get out the residual smell that's left behind after the smoke is extracted.

From what the podcast guys said, there is no need for an exhaust system. That means the heat/AC doesn't go out the window.

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    From what the podcast guys said, there is no need for an exhaust system. That means the heat/AC doesn't go out the window.

Hmm seems too good to be true at that price. But I guess I need to look into it more. All the closed air systems I read about that were worth a damn were all many thousands each. If this would work that would definitely be amazing!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Hmm seems too good to be true at that price. But I guess I need to look into it more. All the closed air systems I read about that were worth a damn were all many thousands each. If this would work that would definitely be amazing!

https://www.cigartalkpodcast.com

Here's the podcast. I haven't listened to it for a while so I'm not sure what episode they were discussing it.

You could always email them and see what they have to say.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Padron 7000 Maduro is my favorite cigar.

Unfortunately, I am now out.

So tonight was a long walk in a blustery wind with a good dog and a LFD 700 Maduro.

Merry Christmas.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Padron 7000 Maduro is my favorite cigar.

Unfortunately, I am now out.

So tonight was a long walk in a blustery wind with a good dog and a LFD 700 Maduro.

Merry Christmas.

LFD is always nice. I really enjoy them. Going to pick up a 700 maduro to age in the humidor on Sunday when I hit the shop.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Today is featuring an Alec Bradley Black Market Toro. Only in the first third right now but enjoying it. Flavor is a bit mild for my taste and it's not very complex but still a good stick. Something I might enjoy most early morning or when I haven't had a full meal. It's actually a great day out on the deck. Not much wind and sunshine keeping me warm!

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I'm going to need another humidor. (Probably going to be a tupperdor since all my money is going to go to the cigars lol)

On other note, I don't understand how they make any money on these cigar auction sites.
    It's funny you said this because I just said the same thing.

I just won 2 lots of 25 Cohiba Red Dots in an auction. This is normally a $12 cigar and I just got 50 for $2.14 each including tax and shipping.

I was looking at Tupperware and did not find anything as large as I wanted. I know this sounds crazy but I ended up buying a 3.5 Gal bucket with lid from Menards for about $4. I already had a bag of beads so I took a small Tupperware and drilled holes in the top to allow the beads to release the humidity. I also have a couple of Bluetooth humidity sensors from Govee I purchased on Amazon for about $15. They are great because you can calibrate them with a salt test and then just stick one in the bucket or Tupperware and see the humidity on your phone without having to open the container.

Whatever won't fit in my desk humidor goes in the bucket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom