What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thumbing through one right now.

At this young stage in my cigar journey I am mainly looking at cheap samplers to find flavor profiles I like. There are a couple of options with cigars around $2-3 each.

I also look for bundles where they throw in free accessories like a torch lighter, cutter or travel humidor.

Until now I generally never had more than 4-10 sticks at a time, but since I've started looking at bundles, I'm to the point where I need to invest in a desk top humidor at the very least.

Google and Chrome tracking generally creeps me out, but sometimes it actually improves life.

A couple days after posting this, I got served up a Cigars International ad for a 10 cigar sampler and desktop humidor for $19.99

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/p/ultimate-humidor-combo-451-samplers/1490002/#p-173422

The reviews are pretty decent for both the cigars and the humidor so I popped on it. Added another sampler (Mild and Mellow) to the cart, and now I've got a humidor and 20 sticks en route for just a hair over $60.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For you northern guys, I stopped in to Heff's Place (former TinderBox) on Lincolnway in down town Mishawaka. Selection was poor. They do have a smoking lounge though.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    No. There were a couple of guys chatting when I walked in. They didn't say anything. The humidor is smallish and could be laid out better.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Not one I'll be buying again. But the Three Rivers Wheated Bourbon is good stuff...
    db9c03d04a22f8c0e66d2189e829d088.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I got a pouch of borkum riff pipe tobbaco.

It smelled, and tasted like cheap cigarettes.

I'll never buy from them again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Normally it's a cigar and whiskey, but last night I mixed things up with a cigar and wine.

La Perla Habana White Pearl with Bogle Vineyards Merlot.

I like mild flavor, and both the cigar and wine are mild to medium bodied and paired nicely together. The White Pearl was one of the slower and more even burning cigars I've had in a while. I had a nice 2 inch ash going. It probably helps that I actually learned how to do a proper toast and light with a torch lighter rather than just firing up the soft flame and puffing away.

Overall very easy to get a full draw and a mellow creamy flavor really mixed well with the merlot.

yptfvu2
    uEtQzMv.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We were eating in downtown Mishawaka Saturday night. With the ND game, figured the new Chickory Cafe would be busy. So I took one for the team. Wife and friends went to church, I went and got seats and drank beer. Decided to walk over to the Tinder Box and grab a couple smokes whiIe I was waiting. Kinda disappointed with the selection. I'm a Romeo y Julieta fan and the only ones they had were Churchills. I never have that much time so I grabbed a couple blue lable Cohibas. Not great but not bad...
    56ae3acb02ddcb24cecc1550c8cee6d0.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wife picked me up three of these while she was at the liquor store buying me some bourbon. I didn't ask for either. Yeah, she's a keeper...
    c5d76267b5554da27cb2eda71c3573f7.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wife picked me up three of these while she was at the liquor store buying me some bourbon. I didn't ask for either. Yeah, she's a keeper...
    c5d76267b5554da27cb2eda71c3573f7.jpg

She brings you bourbon and cigars?

Does she have a sister that's available?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom