What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone check this out yet? Was going to watch last night, but didn't have the time. Might watch it this evening.

Some pretty solid actors, odd how little marketing these Netflix shows are getting.

I thought it started out ok then kinda went . . meh. I was hoping it was better.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I need someone to show me how to download movies to tablets. I saw someone say this before but i forgot to ask how.

If the show is downloadable, it should show as such in Netflix or Prime. Not all shows can be downloaded.

In Netflix, it shows up as a downward pointing arrow over a bar on the right side of the selection bar.

In Prime, it's a downward pointing arrow in a circle next to the play button.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If the show is downloadable, it should show as such in Netflix or Prime. Not all shows can be downloaded.

In Netflix, it shows up as a downward pointing arrow over a bar on the right side of the selection bar.

In Prime, it's a downward pointing arrow in a circle next to the play button.

I know that with Netflix, it also depends on the stats of the tablet.

My old Kindle 7 tablet didn't have the guts to download. I could stream no problem.

Newer / better tablets with newer versions of Android can download no problem...like my Fire 10.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I watched the first season of Hap & Leonard based on the good reviews up thread. It was pretty good. It had a few slow parts and a couple of scenes of really bad dialogue, but overall I enjoyed it.

I did have a big beef with most of the gun handling though, especially in episodes 4 and 5. How many times can one character cock the hammer on the same DA/SA handgun? I think they were going for a world record. There were multiple instances of the same characters cocking the hammer on the same gun multiple times within the same scene.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    For Indiucky:
    [video=youtube;IAZEWtyhpes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAZEWtyhpes[/video]

RT says it's on Amazon now. FX is turning it into a series:
    [video=youtube;SyZi3rJPENs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZi3rJPENs[/video]

A very underrated show/series/movie or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays. I thought the basic premise and execution for this was hilarious. I also understand I have a an odd sense of humor so I usually hesitate to recommend funny things that are not pretty mainstream.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A very underrated show/series/movie or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays. I thought the basic premise and execution for this was hilarious. I also understand I have a an odd sense of humor so I usually hesitate to recommend funny things that are not pretty mainstream.

My wife: "how do think that's funny?"
    "How do you not think it's funny?!"

It went on like that for ten minutes.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just finished it. Not a bad movie. Decent story and good actors. Lots of gunplay.

I did find this article about the film and using "live ammo".

https://www.inverse.com/article/541...fleck-oscar-isaac-trained-with-live-fire-ammo

Neat write up. That does explain why the gun handling was a LOT less cringey if not good. I also noticed from the article:
    -- they trained for days without live ammo or blanks and used live ammo at a point. Not sure if that was once or days but it wasn't all the time.
    -- actors kept stressing how they were surprised by being trusted with LIVE AMMO. :runaway: They feel compelled to assure their lib base who they know are uncomfortable at that point in the article. I took it as their way of saying 'don't worry, we still understand that having guns, especially with LIVE AMMO, means we are more likely to shoot ourselves than do any good.'

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My wife: "how do think that's funny?"
    "How do you not think it's funny?!"

It went on like that for ten minutes.

Lol! You just described the scene perfectly that happened with a lot of the movies I had in mind when I said my humor is not always mainstream. Sounds like you get that too.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    On Netflix we watch NCIS, Blue Bloods, Longmire, Turn, Hawaii Five O. We have Hulu also and on that watch Mash, Survivor, Amazing Race, Last Man Standing.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I highly recommend the Ballad of Buster Scruggs. I tried watching the series You but could not get interested in it. Hap and Leonard is good.

[video=youtube_share;_2PyxzSH1HM]https://youtu.be/_2PyxzSH1HM[/video]

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I agree Wolfhound. Buster Scruggs was kind of a sleeper and didn't get a lot of advertisement.
    What a neat concept with multiple stories.
    I enjoyed all of them

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Watched Hell or High Water with Jeff Bridges as a Texas Ranger.

Good flick and worth watching just to see the Hot waitress scene.

[video=youtube;eJdHxwW0EZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJdHxwW0EZE[/video]

edit: my tech skills are lacking so I can't get the full screen video to post. Just Google "what don't you want"

You got me! Gotta watch it now!:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom