• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Handgun: Smith & Wesson Model 45 "Post Office" .22lr

A guy dad worked with at the K&I RR has his father's US Model of 1917 Smith and Wesson that is stamped USPS on the backstrap...He delivered mail in Eastern Kentucky by mule and due to the violent nature of that region coupled with a distrust of the Government down there at that time the USPS decided to arm him...He has his USPS marked saddlebags as well....

I've never seen a Smith and Wesson Model 45 in person...Kind of unicorns...But beautiful...

wm_3153228.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    March 2010. National Gun Day, Louisville, Kentucky.

I saw one. The guy wanted a mortgage for it . . . I COULD have swung it. I walked away. Guy did not call me back.

Very sad day to strike out. Horrific deal to strike out on. This wasn't knocking off $100 on a cop Glock or frickin' SKS, it was a M45 . . . in the damn box.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Huh...

I'm not the connoisseur of wheel guns or lever actions or some of the other guns mentioned up thread. I'd kind of like to have an higher end 1911, maybe a paratrooper M1 Carbine, maybe a couple more Garands to earmark for the boys.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley–Fosbery_Automatic_Revolver

don't know why, but I've wanted one of these since I first saw one, but here's why I cant own one

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/63/139/webleyfosbery-1902

more realistically, I want a ww2 m1 carbine, and an IHC garand

I saw one at an auction (my first auction) once. I thought it was just a run of the mill Webley... until the bidding started. I was like, "Holy crap! These people are nuts bidding thousands of dollars on a Webley!" Then I found out what it really was... :):

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tavor 7 for something modern and not available.

Bren Ten for something not so new but rare.

I'd be happy to buy a solid Ishapore 2a1 for a good price. I know many are out there, but I haven't had time to hunt one down.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just got one of mine on Gunbroker. Well, kinda... I've been looking for a Ross rifle, either 1905 or 1910, but I had pretty much resigned myself to getting a sporterized version since the originals have all been out of my price range, and actually the sporters have been going for more than I was willing to pay. Just on a lark I put a bid on a 1905 sporter this afternoon when I got home from work and as luck would have it, I won! Maybe someday I will find an original but this will scratch my itch for now. :)

pix706222385.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I saw one at an auction (my first auction) once. I thought it was just a run of the mill Webley... until the bidding started. I was like, "Holy crap! These people are nuts bidding thousands of dollars on a Webley!" Then I found out what it really was... :):

When you have a Webley Fosbery you can Be Zed the Exterminator aka Sean Connery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZhKGgmoUI

Or if you swing that way Brigid O'Shaughnessy aka Mary Astor the killer of Archer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNdl9INF9I

Just put a full blank it in so you will get the recoil...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Non-NFA items makes it more interesting.

The ones that immediately spring to mind would be an RIC carbine, purely for historical purposes. A Mauser or full size Lee Enfield as its counterpart would make for an interesting display around the Easter Rising and Irish Civil War.

[video=youtube;UrkUtVbV45Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkUtVbV45Q[/video]

I've always liked the Steyr AUGs too

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Original, all correct, untouched, Short Land Pattern Brown Bess musket with regimental markings indicating use in the revolution.

I saw one once on Gunbroker at a buy-it-now price that I could actually afford, although still not cheap. I hesitated because I thought surely that it must be a fake or something else that I was missing for it to be listed so reasonably. The next thing I know it was bought by someone with a username that I recognized, because I have the book on Brown Bess muskets that he wrote sitting on my bookshelf! I screwed up on my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Non-NFA items makes it more interesting.

The ones that immediately spring to mind would be an RIC carbine, purely for historical purposes. A Mauser or full size Lee Enfield as its counterpart would make for an interesting display around the Easter Rising and Irish Civil War.

[video=youtube;UrkUtVbV45Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkUtVbV45Q[/video]

I've always liked the Steyr AUGs too

I probably shouldn't say this, but I have a 1917 dated SMLE with a Fianna Fail marking on the barrel.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Safari rifles...4 bore, any nice English double .400-700 express. One of those 20mm anti-tank rifles from WWII...a whole bunch of stuff I'll probably never buy but why not dream?

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Coly Python, 4 inch barrel, Royal Blue finish w/ Colt Rosewood grips.
    This was my first handgun and I had to sell it to pay the Dr. to deliver my first child (No insurance :() I see them once in a while, but I would have to sell that child to afford it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The rifle over my Grandfather's mantle.

Used by HIS great-grandfather in the Mexican War. All original, with bayonet.

Top Bottom