• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just realized the CMP has my grail gun in stock.

thecmp.org said:
    CMP Special (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand IHC receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture.Receiver may have pitting.

and...the price is way lower than I expected.

$1250
    Free Shipping

I don't think I meet CMP eligibility requirements currently. If I remember correctly re-joining ISRPA will satisfy the requirement, so it may not be that big of a deal.

Speaking of grail guns, I recently made a deal for a Springfield 1903 that originally came from the CMP...its gorgeous. I can't wait to take delivery of it...I'll post pics as soon as it is in my hands.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A NIB older production Belgian Browning Hi Power in 9mm, of course.
    A NIB older production S&W 25-3 in .45 Colt.
    A near mint Marlin Model 90 in .410 and production year code F.

I can dream, can’t I. LOL

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

I don't think I meet CMP eligibility requirements currently. If I remember correctly re-joining ISRPA will satisfy the requirement, so it may not be that big of a deal.

Speaking of grail guns, I recently made a deal for a Springfield 1903 that originally came from the CMP...its gorgeous. I can't wait to take delivery of it...I'll post pics as soon as it is in my hands.

Your LTCH covers the shooting qualification and a $25 membership to the Garand collectors covers the club, plus you get a nice quarterly magazine.
    But you could join ISRPA and the other stuff

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

I L-O-V-E mine. It is beautiful. I got the service grade instead of the special. I got lucky and mine even had the correct LMR barrel, new furniture... the op rod and gas tube/front sight assembly are the only incorrect items on it. It wasn't even refinished.

I hope you get as lucky as I did. My experience is that they are every bit and more than advertised.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So today I picked up one of my bucket list guns, a Springfield 1903.

Some Pics:

jjlZTc7.jpg

pT4eqJz.jpg

This thing is pretty amazing to handle. I'm looking forward to getting it out to Atterbury to see hoe she shoots!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For me it would be two. I have all I want (without getting greedy, because I have all I NEED) except for two: (Just cant justify that much in my budget for something I just wont shoot that much)
    M1A Loaded
    Remington 1100

If I had both, My realistic short list would be full. I wouldnt have anything else I NEEEEEEED. Buuuuut....

OK, if money isnt an object, (I won the lottery) two more:
    An AMT Automag in 30cal. After shooting one at an open INGO shoot at Proteq, its stupid fun. Handheld fireball fun. (you cant see the target due to the fireball :):)
    A Dillon minigun or an old school civil war gatling. Hell... if I won the lottery, I'd own both!

Top Bottom