• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Just finished shoveling for the third time. It's definitely gotten colder out there. My body was fine, but my fingers got chilly, despite wearing some Under Armour liner gloves and insulated leather work gloves.

Also shoveled out around the fire hydrant across the street... just in case. Saw a reminder on Twitter about that.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    This didn't have a high enough intake (only 21”) to clear the snow out front so...

product_3252_500.jpg

had to get out the tractor/loader with 52” blower to get the upper hand on all the blowing snow and 3’+ drifts.
    kubota003.jpg

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I use shovel,polaris 325 4x4 with blade, skid loader with snow plow,or a white 2-60 with a loader and grader blade. If the snow gets to deep my neighbor has a 8 ft 2 stage 3 pt. snow blower I can put on the tractor.I have used it once in 20 years.I plowed drive and parking area,3 neighbors drives .Took me 3 and half hours .Wife had a beef roast ready when i came in ,pure heaven.Our drive is 1250 ft garage to road.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Haven't checked the whole drive yet but it looks like the 6:00 pm plow was the ticket. Not much fresh drift.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Track driven snow blower. It's not as fast as a wheeled snow blower though.
    350 feet of driveway makes it fun :-/

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I don't want to let it get too deep. My Sears 24" 6 HP 2 stage does pretty well but I was afraid the total accumulation was going to be tough. I ran it 4 times yesterday. Got the driveway and the sidewalks 3 times. The last time was just to open the end of the driveway after the plow came through. My next door neighbor has a snow blower also but he decided to wait until the snow stopped. I crossed his drive while doing the sidewalk and it was all mine could handle.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have a Toro CCR2450. It's only a 5.5 hp single stage, but it cleared it all, up to 16 inches in one pass, and chewed away at 24" of plow pack, and was happy to do it.

I cleared my drive twice, several of my neighbors and the entire street between our houses up to the plowed intersection

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Picked up my first snowblower last week. Went out Sunday about 1pm and blew out the driveway and the neighbors driveway, didnt want to overwork the new machine. Now with it blowing, I will wait until later today or tommorrow to clean everything up.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just ran the gator down each side of my drive to clean up the sides. Started all the diesels to let them run for a bit. Of the tractor, generator and gator, the gator was the hardest to start. Didn't come anywhere close to running out of battery juice though. Don't think I have to worry about starting the gator any colder than this though.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I ran our snowblower late yesterday. Takes about 45 minutes to clear 120' of driveway. Not hard work, just a lot of walking. Totally beats shoveling.

Of course, it is drifted back this morning, and the county plow dropped a 3' pile at the end. Looks like I'll be suiting up for another round later today.

I have to clear at least up by the house. I've had the truck trapped in the garage before, with too much snow to drive over before the roof hits the garage opening.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Neighbors got a cabbed bobcat doing his drive now. Thought about plowing him out last night but don't like doing drives I don't know. Didn't even know he had a bobcat.

If the county plows the road today, I'll try to get down and do the other neighbors. Drove past and saw them shoveling but would have been about done by the time I would have gotten back down there.

Top Bottom