What are your training class plans for 2023?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It really is good times if you want to attend training. There is a lot of it out there, and much of it is good. Not that long ago you had to scrounge in our area. I used to regularly drive 10 hours or more to attend classes and now I can get almost everything I would want within about 3 hours in both MI and IN. Most instructors have their schedules out for this year, indeed some are scheduling for 2024 already.

I want to take at least one good performance pistol class this year and have three I am mulling over right now.

Some of these classes fill up fast so I need to figure out what I want to do and get signed up. Problem is there are also some Indiana offerings that have me interested like Gunsite as well as MSP Red Dot Instructor or Sage Dynamics, or Point 1 Tactics, and that is just a start and only one aspect. There is WETSU's survival classes and medic classes and lots of other good stuff as well.

Who else is going to do some training and what are you looking at?

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    The only thing firmly on my schedule is Cecil Burch in September in Terre Haute. There should be an INGO post coming soon on that.

I need to update medical training and I really should look for a scenario FoF to assess where I really am after so much time away from serious training.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The only thing firmly on my schedule is Cecil Burch in September in Terre Haute. There should be an INGO post coming soon on that.

I need to update medical training and I really should look for a scenario FoF to assess where I really am after so much time away from serious training.
    Well you know Cecil will be a good class. I did medical in 2022 but wouldn't say no to doing it this year as well. Definitely need to get back to some FOF, it's been a while.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm looking for a fundamentals in pistol class in northeast Indiana. I'm an experienced shot and I'm pretty good, but I have been shooting so long I have no doubts that I'd developed some bad habits and could use a tune up.

44blam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2023
    Nashville
    This month is going to be busy:
    CCRT: Civilian Response to Active Shooter this next weekend...
    NROI RSO the next week...
    Then CCRT NSW Rifle in April and NSW Pistol in June.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I haven't takes any classes since Covid started so I'm looking forward to the Revere's Riders Intro to Concealed Carry class next weekend. I've taken more advanced classes in the past but thought this would be a good one to help knock off some rust and unlearn any bad habits I might have picked up over the last 3 years. Also looking to take an entry level carbine class later in the year and build up skills with my AR's.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I haven't takes any classes since Covid started so I'm looking forward to the Revere's Riders Intro to Concealed Carry class next weekend. I've taken more advanced classes in the past but thought this would be a good one to help knock off some rust and unlearn any bad habits I might have picked up over the last 3 years. Also looking to take an entry level carbine class later in the year and build up skills with my AR's.
    I've taken quite a few RR classes. Always enjoyed them.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Completed the Range Master Instructor Development Course in January. Plan on attending the Range Master Reunion in July and the Range Master Advanced in Ohionin September.

Would like to fit in the Revolver round up in November but time and distance might play a factor!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Completed the Range Master Instructor Development Course in January. Plan on attending the Range Master Reunion in July and the Range Master Advanced in Ohionin September.

Would like to fit in the Revolver round up in November but time and distance might play a factor!
    I keep meaning to get to the RM Master Instructor class but haven't made it happen yet.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I keep meaning to get to the RM Master Instructor class but haven't made it happen yet.
    Well worth it. As a FLETC Certified agency guy it was the best Instructor type course I have had.

I also recommend anyone no matter if they have instructor credentials or not seek out QUALITY training from Vetted Instructors. You will learn so much.

Have been to 2 Dave Spaulding and 2 Lee Weems classes and Lee did my Range Master IDC. There are some Phenomenal instructors in the private sector at that level!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well worth it. As a FLETC Certified agency guy it was the best Instructor type course I have had.

I also recommend anyone no matter if they have instructor credentials or not seek out QUALITY training from Vetted Instructors. You will learn so much.

Have been to 2 Dave Spaulding and 2 Lee Weems classes and Lee did my Range Master IDC. There are some Phenomenal instructors in the private sector at that level!
    IIRC I did the RM IDC in 2013 and the Advanced in 2014. I got lucky and was able to help Tom as an AI in a number of courses in IN.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’m hoping to take a close contact gunfighting class with Raul Martinez or similar. I’d like to get to MALC to check them out as well. I also think I need to get into local competitions to get my feet wet without looking too stupid.

Top Bottom