What are your training class plans for 2023?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I am just asking because their listed Bio was somewhat vague unless it’s outdated.

The MAG 40 Mas Ayoob unless it’s changed name. Most instructors have a list of pretty relevant classes with vetted instructors or curriculum they have done. What I look for basic or not. that sort of shows they are as committed as I am.

Again they are probably good to go just what I look at so do a lot of others!
    Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I took one formal class at MALC this spring. And me and the gang have gathered regularly to train on a variety of skills.
    8a1cac4d9d0a034f51426be8d3d6f504.jpg

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    We still have a couoke
    Spots for next weekend at Riley CC with Darryl Bolke and Bryan Eastridge Hardwired Tactical HITs contact me here or on the flyer if interested

Attachments

• IMG_4187.jpeg
      IMG_4187.jpeg
      142.3 KB · Views: 9

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    As the warm weather runs low, I thought I’d bump this back up.

I did participate in a USPSA match and plan on doing more. I did not make it to MALC or Raul Martinez. I’m attending the Revere’s Riders pistol class in two weeks, but that’s all I have planned. There’s still time for MALC. There was a class I was interested in but they never responded to a questions I had emailed them, so I never signed up for it.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Defensive Rifle/Pistol in 2 weeks and that's pretty much it unless I come across something interesting. Came up short on my medical class goal and didn't make a low / no light class but gives me a good jump start on next years planning.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It wasn't a training class, but a competition where I was outside of my normal comfort zone. I shot at the Major Land Sniper Cup and I learned a lot about long range shooting in the hills of virginia that I don't normally get to do in the flatlands of Indiana. For a $300 fee we shot for three days, camped three nights, and went to a vendor night where we got to shoot an MP5 at night using thermal optics at moving robotic targets. There were some informal training classes put on by both Frank Galli and Emil Praslick that were outstanding. The longest shots taken during the match were at 1776 meters (1942 yards) and I got a couple lucky hits. I also had stages where the distances were 700 ish yards where I was skunked and absolutely humbled by the wind. Pistol shots were challenging, but very doable with standard glocks. I went to this match to get beat up by the wind and be exposed to shooting from one mountain to another and get a no bs assessment of where I am compared to other shooters who would attend. While it's not a training class, I received a fantastic amount of training there and grew tremendously as a shooter. I can't recommend competitions like that enough. I don't have a lot of training classes I schedule for now, because competitions have evolved so much to the point where they are now more of an experience and challenge then just showing up and shooting.

44blam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2023
    Nashville
    If you plan on taking more than 1 class / year at MALC you should go ahead and join 7CCRT. It cost $100, but you get $100 off of most of the classes. There are some great classes - the pistol/rifle classes are good.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I cannot afford a Gunsite training class, wish I could. But I would be interested in something/someone local who is reasonable with their prices in regards to AR basics classes. Does anyone know of any AR basics classes?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I cannot afford a Gunsite training class, wish I could. But I would be interested in something/someone local who is reasonable with their prices in regards to AR basics classes. Does anyone know of any AR basics classes?
    Check with Reveres Riders I took this one day 223 carbine class and learned a lot.

Thread 'Revere's Riders Rifle 223 (Carbine) – Day June 18, 2022 (Seelyville, IN)'
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...bine-–-day-june-18-2022-seelyville-in.520865/

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom